The Story of Us: I

The Story of Us

THE STORY OF US: I

 

Jayeon's POV

 

9:45 am

I’ve been froze after read an email. Tomorrow my twin will be back from Paris, she has studied about fashion there, what the heck is she thinks! I am the one who planned to give her a surprise (since yesterday is our birthday) by not replying her emails, but now she sent a bomb for me, she need to tell me a week earlier if she will come back to Korea. I feel happy of course but I just feel something strange, I don’t even know what’s that feels.

Me and my best damn friend, Kim Myungsoo, always spend break time here, at the college’s utilities storeroom but he already left this room 15 minutes ago since he remembered he made an appointment with Mrs. Cha, our philosophy professor. This place have a history for us; three years ago we met here, I was took a nap because I felt sleepy after watched football matched and I heard annoyed voices very loud, it was Myungsoo and his ex-girlfriend, Bae Suzy, had a fantastic argued. I’m not interest with what are they argued about, Suzy left this room after scream frustrated and Myungsoo sit on the table, his mind seems blank and I came to him. Since that time we often meets and became closer. My first thought about Myungsoo he is a jerk, and I still thinking he is a real jerk.

 

“Jayeon!”, someone wake up my flashback time by yelled my name from the sill door.

“How can you find me here?”, it’s a big surprise, Luna found me here.

“Myungsoo told me. Mr. Kang searching you, he said you need to give him your last project NOW”, Luna’s voice seems serious.

‘Oh that old men’, I automatically curse Mr. Kang. “Okay I will don’t worry. You can leave now and tell him I’m on my way”, I answered lazily.

“Sorry I can’t, he said you need to meet him together with me or my last project’s score…”, Luna’s face looks darker.

“Okay I get it”, I groan and get up from my half nap then come to her.

“Why you always late give your project to him?! Don’t you know he always chasing and yelling at me because of you”,  Luna pinch my arm pretty hard while walking to Mr. Kang’s office.

“Its natural. You’re his assistant”, I shrugged.

“Screw you punk!”, she pat my head now, I just giggled and pat her head back. “When you’ll let your hair long huh?”, Luna looking at me from bottom to top. “And when you’ll be a neat person. And your eyes… can’t you just bold-less those eyeliner, it looks scary”, she continued.

“I’m okay with this style. It called street style you know, you’re a nerd”, I replied quickly and running before she punch me again.

“Hey! Stop you punk!”, she shouting and chasing me.

 

4:47 pm

 

“Your twin?! Tomorrow?! Why you didn’t tell me earlier so I can prepare for myself”, said Myungsoo when we walking to the parking lot.

“I just know today too! She made a surprise since yesterday our birthday. No need I won’t introduce you to her”, I answered.

“Hey that’s mean!”.

“Sorry dude, I just need you to help me, not flirting with my sister”.

“What kind of help you want me to do?”.

“Help me buying stuffs and decorate something”.

“Why me? You can ask Luna about it”, Myungsoo just groan and walk a little bit faster.

“Oh come on! You are the master of woman’s heart so I think she’ll like what you pick”, I pat his right shoulder.

“Oh you want her to interest on me right?”, he stop his step.

“Hell no keep dreaming!”, I pushed his back head hardly.” I won’t let you touch her. I just ask for your help, if you won’t it’s okay I can go by myself”, I walk faster and leave him alone.

“Wait!”, he chase me and hold my left arm. “I just kidding. Come on I’ll bring you to the place that woman’s usually come”. I just smiled and mess his hair.

 

11:35 pm

 

The lights already off, I bet mom and dad already sleeping, so I step slowly and carefully so they’ll not wake up.

 

“Why are you come back late Missy, and why your phone’s off”, crap! it was mom sitting on the living room couch. Calm down Jayeon, calm down.

“I just bought this”, I showed my shopping bags to mom. “And my battery’s empty”, I smiled, trying to look calm in front of mom the way I am so panic right now, I afraid she ask me to sleep outside like last year when I watched football matched on Myungsoo’s house.

“What is that?”.

“It’s for celebrate Jiyeon’s return and some stuff for her”, I answered quickly. Mom just said ‘Oh’ and go back to her room. Thanks God, thanks Jiyeon, because of you I have a reason to come back home late safety.

 

After showered, I run to my bed and hug my pillow. Reach my phone which still plug with the charger and start typing.

To: Jiji

Early morning from here! Can’t wait for tomorrow omg I feel so excited. My friend said that he’d like to meet you but he is not a good guy, should I introduce him to you? Have a safe flight for tomorrow! Sorry I can’t pick you at the airport tomorrow with mom and dad, I can’t miss some quiz or I will fail like the last semester T.T Hoya texted me he will pick you with mom and dad tomorrow but not sure kekekekeke. Bring me some tasty food and branded clothes okay? Xoxo!

 

I groan and stretch my body, today was fun shopping with Myungsoo but pretty tired. I have no doubt why so many woman falling for him. The strange feeling still frighten my mind but I don’t know what’s that.

Jiyeon and I are pretty different. She like fashion and languages the way I like music and history (although I’m bad with some history lesson). She may look girly, pretty, cute, and weak outside, but she has a strong personality than me. She is the high class one the way Imma ordinary one. Guys chasing her everywhere, girls want to be her friend, she make my parents proud so much with her, and me? Nah.

My phone vibrated.

 

From: Jiji

Me too! I miss you so damn much sweetie >< who is that guy? Its okay mom already told me about that. Don’t worry! I already bought some interesting gift for ya. Anyway how’s Siwan oppa doing? Are you guys often met each other?

 

Ah, now I know what is that strange feeling…

 

 Jiyeon's POV

11:18 am

 

Geez, I’ve been waiting those guys about an hour, dad said they’re trap with the traffic jam. I already ordered two cup of coffee and the situation still the same.

“Da hell! Who are you?!”, geez! someone is blocking my sight by covering my eyes!

“Guess who am I”, oh my God I know who have that low charm voice.

“Siwan oppa!”, I reflect hold those hand and turn around. Surprise! I absolutely right. He smiled and showed me a bucket of yellow tulip.

“Welcome back”, he mess my hair gently, I accept the bucket he gave and I can’t hold my desire to hugging him.

“I thought you wouldn’t come…”, I mumbled.

“No way, you wrong Miss”, he pats my head and laughing.

“Since when you’re here?”, I release the hug.

“Since you look confused and panicked waiting for your parents, I’ve been right on your behind but you didn’t recognize it”.

“Hey it’s a long time!’, I pinched his cheeks madly. He just laughing again and put his hand around my shoulder.

“So how’s the flight?”.

“As usual. I used those eight hours for slept and took a breakfast”, I shrugged. “Why’d you not replying my emails?”, I continued.

“Why I should?”, he replied those words with annoying look, make me want to bite him. “At least I came here and met you. I just want to give a surprise”, a waiter come to our table and put a slice of red velvet and hot Americano, it must be Siwan oppa’s.

“Geez so childish”, I clicked my tongue. “Just like Jayeon”.

“She did that too?”.

“Yes, both of you need a new method, it’s an old one you know”.

“Anyway how’s she doing?”.

“Fine I guess, you can ask her by yourself by the way…”.

“I’d like to, but I think she won’t meet me”, Siwan oppa said while cut down his red velvet.

“Why? Are you both arguing?”.

“No, it’s not like that, never mind”, he waves his hand and start eating.

 

Strange. Jayeon didn’t tell me anything happen with her and Siwan oppa. She even not reply my last email when I asked about Siwan oppa. Okay it’s my faults ask him to her.

 

“Oppa”, my mouth suddenly open and called him.

“What?”, he replied quickly.

“Do you miss me?”. He stop eating and look at me.

“Yes I did”, he answered without expression.

“Do you miss Jayeon?”.

“Yes I did”.

“But you just in Korea now… you have more chance to meet her than me how can you miss…”.

“I miss you more than I miss her okay”, he interrupted me. I feel relieve when he said that, but still…

“You miss me as?”, I look at him curiously.

“As a guy to his woman”.

“And you miss Jayeon as?”, I look at him more curious.

“As a guy to his woman”.

“Ige mwoya!”, I punched him with my black clutch. What the heck is he thinks! Geez. He just claps his hands and laughing hard.

“Oh my God, Jiyeon you never change”, he mess my hair and continue eating.

 

The only answer I want to know around this seven years is…he loves me or Jayeon?


 

An hour later mom, dad, and Hoya come. Hoya held a banner written ‘Welcome Home pretty dummy Park Jiyeon’, that was silly!

After say good bye Siwan oppa gone, he said he have a meeting this evening. To be honest, he often came to my apartment in Paris, so I have no big surprise when I saw him at the airport (but still feel excited), sometimes he came bring me instant rice cakes and ramyuns, and sometimes I met him on the street unexpectedly when he had a business on Paris.

Mom and dad looks gain some weight, so relieve when see them like that. Hoya’s face changes too! He looks more mature and more handsome make me drop my jaw and keep ‘omg’-ing him until we’re on the way home. The only goal that haven’t fulfill yet is meet my twin, Park Jayeon. She’s between live and dead right now, if she fail again like last year, she need to retry her study about a year more (it means dad will cut her income money about 50%), fighting Jayeon!

 

“So how’s Jayeon doing? She seems busy”, I asked a question to whoever will answer my question.

“She’s doing pretty well. She came home late and not slept last night because she was prepared something for you and she need study for her final quiz today. I told her to do not often hold her phone, her score last semester was pretty bad because she always busy with her phone and her absurd businesses”, mom answered my question.

“Oh yeah she told me that. I feel sorry and thankful for her”, I mumbled.

“You’re not going to ask me something?”, Hoya finally opened his mouth.

“What kind of question I should give to you? We always talking on skype okay don’t be so childish”, I want to tickle his belly but his hand block me.

“But still…”, he sighed.

“Just kidding. How’s our baby Hoya doing?”, I .

“Stop it! It’s not funny!”.

“Why are you looks so handsome today? You make me blushing you know”, I can’t believe I said that. And I laugh because of my own words, silly.

“It’s because you came back today”, dad said while driving and then laughing together with me.

“Stop it both of you!”, Hoya groan and cover his face with his denim jacket, pretending sleeping. I hold his hand and rest my head on his shoulder.

“mianhae chinguya, saranghae”, he keep groaning and it’s make me keep giggling.

 

1:05 pm

 

When dad shut down the car’s machine I quickly get out from the car and running to my apartment’s lift.

 

“Wait Jiyeon wait!”, Hoya shouting at me but I ignored it.

When the lift opened I came in and press ‘27’ button, sorry guys I can’t wait any longer to see my room and hugs my dolls (it’s been four years!). Hoya, you’ll help my parents bringing my suitcases right? Thanks, you’re my real best friend!

The lift finally reach 27th floor. I run to the room number 2788 and stop in front of the door, put the apartment’s card to the card reader, and tadaa!! The door opened. I came in and run to my room.

 

“Oh my God! What the heck is this!!!”.

 

 Jayeon's POV

 

2:49 pm

 

Oh come on! This last question totally insane! How could I know Soren Aabye Kierkegaard felt amazed with Hegel’s idealism then he felt disagreed with Hegel’s idealism. I think I never met them before in my reincarnation circle. Myungsoo’s left the class earlier than me. He should tell me some answers, that what best friends did right?

I just need write down this last stupid essay and go home meet my beloved Jiyeon. Talking about Jiyeon, last night (exactly this early morning) I decorated her room recommended by Myungsoo, he said “Girls usually likes pink and cute stuffs, so you might need to do this and that… buy this and that…”. I’m a girl but I don’t like pink, Jiyeon is a girl too but she don’t like…

 

“Holy crap!”, I automatically cursed and mess my hair.

“What’s wrong Jayeon?”, Mrs. Cha come to my table.

“S-sorry”, I get up and bow to her. This stupey mouth! Can’t you stop cursing huh?!

“If you feel sleepy, you can go to the bathroom and continue…”.

“No no, I’m okay, I’m sorry”, I interrupted her speech and back sit down.

 

HOW CAN I FORGET SHE HATES PINK MORE THAN I DID?!?! DIE YOU KIM MYUNGSOO!

 

After answer that last damn question, I ran to every corridor searching for Myungsoo, he’s not at the ‘usual’ storeroom now. His phone’s off! How can I come back home with this regretful believed in Myungsoo’s taste? I’ve been rejecting about 30 missed called from Jiyeon, for Neptunus sake I am scared with her.

 

“Did you see Myungsoo?”, I asked Soo Jung when I walked to the music hall.

“He’s there”, Soo Jung pointed the music’s storeroom with a cold expression. I don’t know if Myungsoo likes college’s storerooms this much.

“Thanks”, I ran and smashed hard the storeroom door. “YA! KIM MYUNGSOO!”.

“What the heck are you thinking miss!”, someone yelled at me and I don’t know who is that. Oh why so many people gathering here.
“I-I’m sorry. I just looking forward for Kim Myungsoo”, I bowed my head, this is really embarrassing!

“Sorry this is my friend Park Jayeon. Wait a moment guys”, finally, the guy that I’ve been searched almost half hour get up and bring me to the outside. Thanks Myungsoo for let me out from this silly moment.

“What are you doing here Myungsoo?”, I asked without control my breathe.

“some important business. Why?”, he answered with a palm face. Take a breathe Jayeon take a deep breathe.

“You jerk! Stupid! Damn you Myungsoo!”, I cursed him. And I punch his left shoulder. Hard.

“Aw that’s hurt!”, he cover his shoulder. “What happen?!”.

“I shouldn’t follow your idea!”, I shakes his head.

“Wait stop! What idea?”, he holds my hands roughly.

“That pinkies stuffs! I forget Jiyeon hates pink the most”, seriously, I almost cry now.

“Wait…what?”, he shrink his forehead. I just nodded.

“How can I get back? She’ll mad at me”.

“Both of you just hyperbole”, he flick my forehead hard.

“It’s not like that! She had a dark past with pink, so I used to hate pink too”, my words just make Myungsoo sighs deeply.

“It’s not a big deal. Just tell her I recommended it. If she still mad with that, tell her I’ll fix it”.

“Really? You will?”.

“Yes I will. Now please don’t bother me. I have an important business”, he pats my head and get back to the room. Thanks God you’ve sent Kim Myungsoo into my live! Although he’s a jerk. Still. He is the best!

 

Myungsoo think if Imma hyperbole. It’s not hyperbole! Jiyeon hates pink. You guys must be had a dark past don’t you? And something can bring you to that time, just like Jiyeon, pink make her back to that time.

 

-TO BE CONTINUED-