The Story of Us: II

The Story of Us

THE STORY OF US: II

(A week passed)

 Jiyeon's POV

 

9:48 am

Siwan oppa keep contacting me but I’m ignoring it. Okay it may look childish but he deserve it, if he really like me he’ll come here meet me without worrying Jayeon’s existence, right? But he’s not.

 

“Jiyeon, my friend will come here fix your room”, Jayeon said as she grabbed a grey-black gingham jumper and tie it around her waist.

“Thank God! Anyway why are you dress up?”, I asked her with a confuse look. She wear skinny black sash that I bought from Paris and Marc Jacob’s fern-tweed-shirt. Still with her bold eyeliner and her messy short hair.

“Hey dummy are you forget mom and dad get back from grandma’s house today?”, she flick my forehead, oh yea I’m forgot about it. “I need to pick them at the station and accompany them to uncle Chang’s grave since today is his birthday, dad said he want to pray for him. Don’t go anywhere my friend will come here around eleven, take a bath sooner”.

“Roger that”, I pat her head and walk to the bathroom. “Don’t forget to lock the door before you leave Jayeon-a”, she just nods.

“Please promise me this, tell me what happen with today, anything. If something bad happen to you just call Hoya”, her voices ‘lil bit weird, I just nods awkwardly.

 

10:40 am

I never take a shower at this early morning except Siwan oppa told me or when I had a morning class in Paris. Too lazy for it, I don’t even want to dress up although I know Jayeon’s friend is a guy (you know what I mean).

I heard a strange sound from Jayeon’s locker, okay it’s a vibrate sound but that sound is weird right? I opened her locker and found a cell phone there, what a stupey she forgot bringing her phone. There are two new messages and one missed called, from someone named ‘Myungs’. I may not have rights to open her privation without permission, but I’m really curious with the messages so I opened it.

 

From: Myungs

Hey silly, can I take a breakfast at your apartment?

9:56 am

 

Hey! Reply my message ASAP!

10:40 am

 

So this guy must be that guy who will fix my room, sorry Jayeon your not mind if I replying this message, don’t you?

To: Myungs

Sure, come ‘ere immediately.

 

I saw my name mentioned in Jayeon and Myungs conversation so I scrolling to the upper and read it one by one.

 

Hey stupey can I ask something?

Sure, what?

Why’d you told me you’ll fix my twin room?

You’re a bastard but I appreciate it

as your dammit best friend

I just want to help you

besides I’d like to see your twin

DON’T YOU DARE TO FLIRT WITH HER

Why?

She’s not like the other girls.

JIYEON IS DIFFERENT

So lemme know what’s the different

Urgh. Just make a deal with me,

if you flirt with her I won’t let you come to my house again

I can’t promise. What’s wrong with flirting?

It’s my way to get a new friend

NO, I CANT BELIEVE YOU WITH THIS THING

Just make sure you’ll come tomorrow

I’ll pick up my parents at station so I’m not home tomorrow

I’ll ask Jiyeon are you flirting with her or not

So don’t you dare to flirt with her or you dead

I won’t let you hurt her

 

*waves**sleeping*

 

Oh my… okay Jayeon is right. He seems a playboy one, I can’t let him flirting with me today, don’t worry about me Jayeon, I’ll take care of myself.

He said he will take a breakfast here, I better prepare something for him. Anyway is his mother didn’t cook something? Or he lives alone? Ah don’t care, not my business.

Oh crap I can’t cook. Jayeon isn’t cook anything (it’s probably she forgot I can’t cook). Fridge is empty. There’s no instant noodle here. The only way I can do is calling delivery service.

 

“Hello, I’d like to orders three chicken thighs with sweet sauce, two large French fries, two cups ice chocolate and salad with sour mayonnaise. Can you deliver it just for ten minutes? I’ll give a bonus for it. My address is at Gangnam’s Central apartment, room number 2788 at 27th floor. Really? Okay thank you very much”.

 

While waiting for the foods and the guy named Myungs, I switch on the TV and watch fashiontv, but it was the same event as yesterday so I switch it to music program, I admit it I didn’t follows K-wave around four years since I lived in Paris. The music program play a music video, there is five guys standing in front of the camera, it’s only a dark room with running lights. One vocalist with one person who standing next to him (may the second vocalist or the rapper), one guitarist, one bassist, and one drummer. Hell yeah all of them looks so good looking, especially the drummer. The drummer’s eyes are so intense and he is so damn hot with that black plain shirt and dark grey coat. This band named Infinite, and the song that I hear is Can U Smile.

I remember that feeling from long ago when I look at you

I remember that time when I knew you, you knew me

I think about those desperate times when I wanted to be like you,

Hang out with you

But it’s merely a memory that has passed by

 

And, can you smile

You want this

You hope for this

I can’t seem to have you with only my heart

 

And can you smile

I said to leave

I said I’m okay

It seems like I can give nothing but this to you in the end

 

I remember long ago when I received your heart

I think of those times when you were overflowing me

And I was thankful

We came across a farewell when we loved each other most

When we were at our happiest

I couldn’t hold you back because you were overflowing me

Because I was sorry

 

But I was suffocating from those frequent words of yours

You say with rage that my way of talking and actions make you lose your words

That they make your anger rise

On this violent night, the stars light up the sky, the moon shines

And you go steadily down your path

Stars and the night are coming, they’re covered only by other stars

The moon always stays there

I will always be here for you, want you

 

So can you smile

 

How can I say… this song is nice, easy listening, and the rap is so cool. Maybe Infinite is my first K-idols after all this time. Seems this program’s episode is all about Infinite, the host talking about their history, Infinite’s last event, and biography. Start from the main vocalist; Lee Sunggyu, he is the leader from this band and he’s looks funny.

Ding dong!

I hear my apartment’s bell ringing. Hang on I just want to know all of Infinite’s member biographies especially the drummer then I’ll open the door, just let me ignore it for a sec.

Second; Jang Dongwoo, he is the main rapper, his rapping skill pretty awesome and his style totally swag. Next; ‘The God of Hand (TGH)’ Nam Woohyun, he is the guitarist, no wonder why his nickname is TGH, his skill is amaze me.

Ding dong!

Then the bassist: he is the cutest member, Lee Sungyeol, seriously his face looks like a lost puppy, how can a guy has a cute face like that. The last is…

Ding dong!

 

Eeergh, okay I know don’t push the bell like a punk! I’ll open the door!

If it the delivers man surely I’ll yell at him. But if that is Myungs…

Click

 

“Good morning. I came here to re-fix my friend’s-twin-room”, a guy with black-white strip blouse, dark blue straight jean and light blue high top Nike’s collection talking to me. Oh Lord…

 

 

 Jayeon's POV

10:20 am

 

Thank God there’s no traffic jam everyway so I can drive fast for today. The car that I ride is my grandpa’s lovely car, he given this to dad when he proposed mom, black Ferrari type 250 GT 1962. Actually dad has bought a car for me and Jiyeon, but it feels weird pick up my parents with our own car.

I better text Myungsoo now, hopeful he didn’t forget about today. But I think I didn’t see my phone since I woke up til now… okay I left it in my locker, good job Jayeon, keep praying so Myungsoo won’t forget his promise. And I hope he won’t bother Jiyeon, I can imagine her cute face if she tell me how annoying Myungsoo is.

Myungsoo may be Jiyeon’s ideal type, since she likes an arrogant one. But Myungsoo suitable called a jerk than an arrogant. You know what, he has been flirt with so many pretty women, and when the woman confessed about their real feel for Myungsoo, Myungsoo will stay back from them and says “I thought we can be good friends like me and Jayeon. Sorry I just love Soo Jung, and I always love her”, see? The only reason Myungsoo and Suzy broke up is Soo Jung. Suzy and Soo Jung is good friend, we can call them best friend, since first Myungsoo is looking forward for Soo Jung (Myungsoo told me both of them are chairmate in Junior high school and Soo Jung is Myungsoo’s first love, until now), but the one who respond it was Suzy, Myungsoo used Suzy to get closer with Soo Jung until the day he heard Suzy told Soo Jung if she had a crushed with Myungsoo and told Soo Jung to not response Myungsoo, as a good friend Soo Jung accept it and said she won’t betraying Suzy. It make Myungsoo frustrated and angry so he decided to dated with Suzy (he didn’t treated Suzy right lol), until the day he can’t take it anymore and confessed Suzy he can’t forgets Soo Jung although Suzy tried to be like Soo Jung. After that Suzy told Soo Jung about it and Soo Jung promise she won’t date with Myungsoo no matter what. I know the reality, Soo Jung totally in love with Myungsoo but she can’t date with him. What a comlplicated.

Anyway Jiyeon still looking forward for Siwan oppa, yeah I bet oppa like Jiyeon too. Siwan oppa may not an arrogant one but I knew why Jiyeon deeply in love with him. Because I do, I love him too. Me? Jealous? ‘lil bit, especially when Jiyeon told me if Siwan oppa waited for her at the airport and asked her a dated a week ago. But the way Jiyeon happy, it’s enough for me, although it hurts hahaha.

 

I turn on the radio and click the volume up button, what a jackpot! the frequency that I use to listening is playing Myungsoo’s band new song, Can U Smile. This song is dedicated for Soo Jung, Myungsoo composed this song by himself. I don’t know how crazy he is with Soo Jung. Why he used ‘can u smile’ as a song title? Because Soo Jung is rare smiling.

 

10:50 am

 

“So your friend is in our place fixing Jiyeon’s room?”, dad throw a question to me when I drop some bags in luggage.

“Yes, she said she’ll punish him but I’m not sure she remember about it”, I replied quickly as mom and dad get into the car.

“It’s your faults”, mom said when she put a sit-belt around her. Sigh not again. I’m not in a mood to arguing.

“Yeah I admit it, it’s my fault, happy?”, I turn on the car’s machine and pull the pedal.

“It’s not what I mean sweetheart, do you remember the hard times Jiyeon pass by since that time?”, mom trying to explain it. I know mom. I’m in a good mood to be good and I’m not in a mood to be bad so can we not talking about this?

“Don’t ruining Jayeon’s mood honey, everybody must be did mistakes right”, thank you dad! You’re my angel today!

Mom just mumbling and drink her tropical juice that I bought. “Anyway why’d you dressing like this?”, mom touch my pant.

“Why?”, I’m trying to focus with the ride.

“We’re going to the graves Jayeon, you’re not gonna show up and dancing on the graves right?”, crap, I know this will happen, mom will throw her sarcastic words to me.

“Mom! I’ve bring a dark jumper don’t worry I’ll wear it when we arrive at the graves, can’t you see I tied it around my waist?”.

“Kids nowadays are weird”, she push my head and pinch my right cheek. This old woman is really, if she’s not my mom surely I already yelling at her.

“It’s because Hoya’s family will be there too so your mom act strange today”, said dad.

“Hoya? Jiyeon’s friend? What’s the relation with his family and uncle Chang?”.

“Hoya’s uncle is one of your uncle best friends. Hoya’s family had a collaboration company with ours. His family totally respect with your uncle”, dad is explaining.

“Really? Why I didn’t know about this”.

“Hey punk I already told you about this”, mom push my head (again).

“I might not interest about this when you told me mom”, I stick out my tongue to her makes my dad giggling.

 

 

11:09 am

 

We’re just arrived at the graves. Mom and dad already get out from the car and come to uncle Chang’s grave first the way I’m finding the toilet to change my cloth, I’m still have manners you know.

This place is pretty huge, the last time I came here is when dad had a business in Tokyo and mom asked me to accompany her (about three years ago), so many things changes. The last thing that I remember is the toilet right after the main door of this couch’s hall, but it doesn’t like that anymore. Or maybe the toilet change to the other side?

 

“Jayeon?”, someone pats me from back, and I think I know who’s that voice is.

“Hoya?”, I turn around, and yes it’s him.

 

-TO BE CONTINUED-