Bring Back My Mood

The Story of Us

BRING BACK MY MOOD

 

Jayeon's POV 

 

6:02 pm

 

Calm down Jayeon calm down it’s okay, Jiyeon will understand about that.

What the heck is calm down! My heart still pounding!

Believe on yourself, just come in and put a sweet smiles, she’ll hug you and say thanks.

I’m not sure about that, what if she really mad and won’t talk with me?

Positive thinking! Positive thinking! Positive thinking!

So irritating! My mind keep arguing between ‘it’s okay’ and ‘it’s a big trouble’. Should I believe ‘it’s okay’ or ‘it’s a big trouble’?

Anyway, it’s (almost) been an hour sitting in front of my own apartment’s door. I just feel scare, Jiyeon is my weakness… if Jiyeon angry at me my parents will yell at me too since pink was…

 

“What are you doing here?”, Oh it was Hoya, he bringing a transparent plastic bag contents cola cans and some packs potato’s chip.

“I-I um nothing”, I immediately stand up and smiled at him.

“Jiyeon is waiting for you. But seems her mood isn’t good”, damn Hoya! You shouldn’t tell me that! I know she’s must be angry.

“Oh Lord…”.

“Jiyeon-a! your Jayeon is here!”, Hoya is shouting. Smile at me. And come into my apartment’s without feeling guilty. Damn you punk, if I were your friend I already punch your face hard, unfortunately we’re not friends.

 

There’s nothing I can do except come in and face that unwanted mistake. I take off my maroon sneaker and put it on shoes shelf.

 

“I’m home…”, I said softly.

“Jayeon-a!”, someone run to me and suddenly I feel my chest so tight. She hugs me. Jiyeon hugs me. “I miss you so much, why you didn’t answer my calls”.

“I miss you too. Sorry… sorry for everything”, I pats her head.

“I deserve an explanation. What. Happen. With. My. Room.”, she loose the hug.

“It’s… I didn’t mean it, seriously. I’m sorry I just want make a surprise for you…”.

“Yes I’m totally surprised”, she cut my words.

“Listen first”, I holds her shoulders, then take a deep breathe. “I asked my friend, what should I do since this is my twin return, he said girls usually like pink, and I followed his suggested without think anymore. I forgot you hate that color the most. You can sleep on my room if you want”.

“Who’s that person? A guy? He need more experiences about woman”, Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “Yes I’d like to, I’ll sleep with you for few days. Are you gonna clean that disgusting pink on my room?”.

“N-no, my friend will clean those messed up”, I smiled at her.

“Yes he should!”, seems Jiyeon mood is back. “Are you hungry? Let’s eat!”.

 

Thank God, my lovely Jiyeon is back. For your information, on her graduated day (it’s about seven years ago when we’re on the junior high) someone confessed her and gave her a bucket of pink roses, she ignored him then yelled at him immediately and cry like a baby. I can felt her.

And that guy who sitting on the living room couch is Hoya, Jiyeon’s best friend since they were in high school. Me and Jiyeon aren’t at the same high school, she has been accepted in international school and I just in regular school. I never talk with him, just ‘hi’, ‘hello’, ‘Jiyeon isn’t here’, or ‘Jiyeon is right there’. Today is our first long conversation to be honest.

 

“Jayeon-a, you can gather with Hoya there. I’ll prepare the foods first and join with you both”, Jiyeon asked. I want to declined it and help her to prepare but since today is her day nothing I can do but walking to the living room and join Hoya watching wrestling match.

“Hi”, I greet him.

“Oh, hello”, he change his position so I can sit on the couch with him. “What’s Jiyeon doing?”, he continued as I sitting down next to him.

“Prepare foods. She asked me to gather with you here so we can eat together”.

“I bet she’ll screw the foods”.

“I hear that Hoya!”, Jiyeon yelled at Hoya, make me hold my laughs.

“Sorry ma’am!”,those words Hoya’s used for an excuse.

 

15 minutes later Jiyeon bring the foods to the living room; it’s a plateful of seafood, a bowl of kimchi, and some herb breads (she must bring those herb breads from Paris) . Hoya change the channel into a fashion program, remember his best friend will keep yelling at him if he doesn’t change the channel (it happen few years ago), and he open three soda cans that he bought before.

Mom and dad go to grandma’s house at Cheongsando village after dropped Jiyeon and Hoya here. They may return on this weekday, since tomorrow until four days from now is our big family’s event, it just for adults, so Jiyeon and I aren’t invited.

My quizzes and projects already done, just waiting for the result. Myungsoo perhaps pass this semester since he has a good brain, hope I’ll follow his step. I already sent a message to him, can he come to my apartment tomorrow to fix Jiyeon’s room. I feel so stupid for peeled off all Jiyeon’s old wallpaper into new wallpaper (absolutely its colored pink now), change the lamps, carpet, put cute pinkies sticker everywhere. I know if she felt itchy with her own room. Hell yeah I won’t re-fix it, to be really honest it’s tiring and I won’t do that again, Myungsoo need to fix it right? It’s (half) his fault not (purely) me.

 

“So when is that guy come?”, Jiyeon asked suddenly.

“Um… I already texted him, but seems he still busy”.

“Tell him don’t take a long time or I’ll punish him”, Jiyeon is on the fire now.

“Hey dummy. Who are you? You even didn’t know who he is”, Hoya pats her head with chopstick.

“I know, that guy is Jayeon’s friend, it’s enough to be a reason I’ll punish him”, Jiyeon glance at Hoya.

 

Jiyeon once told me, Hoya’s weakness is woman. At the end he’ll give up and let woman win. Jiyeon feel frustrated with that, she hates guy who let woman lead the way, she like a guy with arrogant personality. We’re different, I like a guy with personality like Hoya, note: Personality like Hoya. And Jiyeon told me if Hoya is cheesy type, she doesn’t like it, but I like person with cheesy thing (it’s sweet right?!). Yes, seems everything about us different.

My phone suddenly vibrated.

 

From: Myungs

I can’t! How about next week? You are insane Jayeon how can I fix it TOMORROW. Are you forgot I have a stage until this weekend?

 

Oh yeah okay I’m wrong I’m sorry Myung.

 

“Uh I’m sorry, he have a stage around this week. How about next week?”.

“It’s okay. Just wait for my punishment then”, Jiyeon answered as she squeezed the crab on her hand. Make me and Hoya hisses.

 

 Jiyeon's POV

 

8:45 pm

 

After took a shower I lie down to Jayeon’s bed. I grab my phone and look 3 missed called from Siwan oppa, I do nothing, just smiles and waiting for his next call. Is he miss me already? Or he wanted to make sure I’m home? Or he just wanted to know how’s Jayeon doing? I don’t know at least he called me it’s enough to make me happy.

Hoya already left this place around 6 pm, he said he have a part-time job this evening at Chongdamdong. Jayeon is composing something for her friend on music room, she said ‘This guy asked me to help him composing about two songs for his band new mini album’.

 

Yea yea yea a a~ it’s party in USA

Yea yea yea a a~ it’s party in USA

 

Oh my! Siwan oppa is calling!

 

“Hello?”.

“Evening Jiyeon”, Siwan oppa answered with a soft voice, damn that voice.

“Evening oppa! What’s up?”.

“Are you free tomorrow?”, he replied straight up.

“Y-yes”.

“Then um… I’ll pick you at eleven o’clock. Is that ok?”.

“Yes it’s okay! Even you’ll pick me at five in the morning I’m pretty ready”, my answer make him chuckles.

“See you tomorrow”.

 

10:48 am

 

I already dressed up. It’s simple but still chic, blue flower printed pleated pant with sleeveless black shirt written ‘BULC .K.U’, and black espadrille for my footwear. I let my hair hang loosely, too lazy to tie it up, and bring the same clutch as yesterday. Tada! I’m ready for the date.

Jayeon still sleeping, I already toasted breads and fried an egg for her, since I can’t cook and I don’t want to burn this place so it’s better to didn’t do an experiment. Jayeon really good at cooking for God sake, I just can do the basic thing on cooking. I think she’s good at everything, not like me. She can playing music instruments well the way I just can playing the basic of piano.

She may look tomboy and a heartless person, but she is a kind-hearted and weak inside. Me? It’s hard for you to make me crying, you can’t judge people by their looks, I may look a shy type but to be honest I’m an arrogant one. Jayeon is an outgoing type so everybody must be like her, and I’m an introvert person, I can’t trust easily on people until we’ve been a good friend. Well, she’s truly better than me.

I sitting on dining chair and eating the frozen salad that I bought from Paris. Scrolling my twitter’s timeline, there’s nothing interesting until I stalking my bestie timeline, Lee Jieun, everybody know her as IU, she is an idol. Yeah she deserve to be an idol; pretty, multitalented, confident, high of humor taste, it’s enough right?

 

Ding Dong!

Someone is pressed my apartment bell

And it must be Siwan oppa!

I run to the door quickly and clicked the knob

 

“Hey Hoya, what’s bring you come here?”, I almost choked, it was Hoya.

“Unhappy?”, he raised his right eyebrow.

“It’s not like that I just surprised”.

“You may want to go somewhere since you just came back, so I just stopped by and…”.

“U-um sorry I already have an appointment today”, I said with a low tone, I feel so sorry for him.

“With who? Jayeon? You both may need a driver”.

“No, with Siwan oppa… he asked me to…”.

Hoya interrupted my words. “It’s good then”, he just grin and pat my head. “Have a nice day”, he turn around and walking to the lift.

“You can go with Jayeon since you’re here”, I offered him.

“I’m not that close with your twin so I think no thanks”, he pressed the ‘down’ button, not waiting for a long time the lift’s door opening.

“I’m sorry, please make sure you ask me first if you want to invite me out”, Hoya not replying my words, just waving his hand and smiles to me. Sigh that guy never change, he need to be little ‘rough’ to woman.

 

 

2:29 pm

 

“Hey, how’s the date? I thought you’ll come home late”, asked Jayeon when I come into her room.

“It’s great, I just feeling tired so I decided to come home earlier”, I answered.

“Yeah you must be, take a rest first I’ll bring yoghurt”, she get up from her bed and walking to the kitchen.

To be really honest, I am really mad with Siwan oppa, is he really asked me to go date with him today? But it doesn’t seem so.

 

 Two and half hours ago

 

“So, where are you gonna take me?”, I asked when we already dropping Siwan oppa’s car at the parking lot and continue with walking around the Square.

“Keep guessing, I won’t tell you until we reach there”, he put his hand around my shoulders. It felt so peaceful.

“Are we gonna do bungee-jumping?”.

“There is no bungee-jumping here”, he pushed my forehead.

“Watching scary movie?”.

“No”.

“Playing on game’s station?”.

“No”.

“Okay I’ll shut my mouth up and keep walking with you”.

Five minutes past and he stop his step.

“We’re here”, I almost fall, it’s a Chinese’s food spicy café.

“Oppa…”.

“Let’s go in”, he drag me in but I tried to stop him.

“Oppa… wrong place”.

“What do you mean wrong place? I already booked this place, only for you and I”, okay it must be expensive to booked this place but…

“I hate spicy food, I can’t eat spicy food. The only one who likes spicy food isn’t me, but Jayeon. This is must be the wrong place, or you bring the wrong person”, I released his hand around my shoulders, he almost drop down his jaw.

“O-oh yeah, sorry I was drunk last night”, he massaged his forehead then hold my hand. “We still have places to go anyway, let’s go”, he threw a killer smile to me, oh Gawd. Although I’m not in a good mood, still can’t decline his offer.

 

He threw so many jokes to me, try to call my mood back. But everything he said just annoyed me.

Then, we stopped in front of a huge restaurant, this restaurant remind me of Paris. We came in and he ordered some favorites menu here. He always knows how to get my attention.

END

 

“Here”, Jayeon landed me a cup of plain yoghurt.

“Thanks”, I smiles at her and start eat it.

 

My phone keep ringing, I know it must be Siwan oppa but I’m not in a really good mood with him so I keep that phone ringing. Jayeon looks confuse and telling me to answer it but I just shook my head and throw it into my clutch.

In my deepest heart, I just want to know who is the one Siwan oppa’s like. He always treating me like his girlfriend but at the other side he looks thinking of Jayeon, not me. Or he likes both of us? Geez what an idiot.

 

-TO BE CONTINUED-