The Truths

The Story of Us

THE TRUTHS

Jiyeon's POV

 

1:30 pm

 

“Don’t throw a question back before you answer mine first”, I give him an eager look.

“I-I just search a new ring for my mother”.

“Really? But why the receptionist gave a couple rings?”, Oppa, if you want to lie please think clearly again, I’m not blind I can see it.

“Oh please it’s not like what are you thinking Jiyeon-a”, he hold my shoulders.

“So you know what am I thinking right now?”, I pat his hands away. Don’t cry Jiyeon, please.

“Hey young lady, don’t running away let’s order something I’m really hungry”, then Myungs came in and hold my hand, thanks Myungs I owes something to you.

“Who are you?”, Siwan oppa grab Myungs collar shirt, like he want to punch him.

“He is my friend”, I let Siwan oppa’s hand away from Myungs.

“Friend? Since when you’ve been friendly with a kind of mess person like him?”.

“Excuse me man, you think I’m a mess person?”, this time Myungs grab Siwan oppa’s collar shirt, I want to stop him but my hands just do nothing.

“Yes, look at you. Do you have a job? Are you a heir? What’s your family background? “, Siwan oppa looking at Myungs like he want to eat Myungs alive and Myungs not answer his question. “Seems like you just an ordinary person, get away from Jiyeon”, Siwan oppa push Myungs chest and it make Myungs automatically hit Siwan oppa’s face. Oh no the situasion is really bad now.

“STOP!”, I jump between them. “Don’t acts like kids”, I scolding both of them and pinch they ears. Make them ‘aw-ing’. “Now, apologize. Siwan oppa, you need to say sorry because your words too rude. And Myungs, you need to say sorry because you hit this guy’s face.

“I DON’T WANT TO!”, they answered together.

I blow my bang. Took a deep breathes. Pinch they ears harder. “Geez just forget the prides everyone is looking at us now! Your prides will go down if you both still acts like this. Apologize. Now!”.

 

Jayeon's POV 

 

3:44 pm

 

“I’m home!”, I clicked the knob and open the door, no one answering. Is Jiyeon sleeping? Because Myungsoo probably done with his job. I walking to Jiyeon’s room and yes he did a good job. Jiyeon’s room look so cool, minus that pinkies stickers and lamps, and Jiyeon isn’t here she might going somewhere buying stuffs for her room.

 

Then I heard the knob is opened.

 

“I’m home”, definitely it’s my sister voice.

“Hey where have you been?”, I ran to her and she hand me her bag so I grab it.

“Don’t ask me, ask your friend”, she release her shoes slow, seems like she lose her soul.

“Hey silly”, I can heard Myungsoo’s voice behind the door then he come in after Jiyeon gone from his sight.

“What happen with her?!”, I murmured him.

“Don’t ask me about it. Today is a long day, I thought your sister is normal since she’s study abroad in Paris but she’s worst than you”.

“I hear that er!”, Jiyeon is yelling from her room, her sense of hearing is so good.

“Sorry young lady!”, Myungsoo shouting back. I don’t want this situation become serious so I drag Myungsoo to my music room.

“Thanks for coming and did a good job for my sister room”.

“You need to pay me for today”.

“Ugh for Lord sake what happened?”.

“Lot of things happened. I don’t want to recall my memory about that so please escape this conversation and give me my babies”, he massages his forehead, ew seriously it makes me more curios.

“Hey, you give me a month for this and I still have two weeks…”.

“Just say you’re not finish it yet?”.

“Just one song, I’ll make sure your order will finish on time Mister”, I smiled to him, just to make sure.

“I believe on you so don’t disappoint me”.

“I won’t. By the way you’re not trying to flirt or seduce my sister, don’t you?”.

“NO. I’m scared of her, satisfied?”.

“YES!”, my answered make him sighs.

“I’ll go home now, make sure your sister is healthy, she might study too hard in Paris”, and now he used allusion for teases my sister, I hope she’s not hear this.

“If Jiyeon hear what did you said she’ll make you being a dead meat for sure”, I pat his head hard and push him to the door. “See you around Myungsoo! Send my regard for your members!”.

I ran to Jiyeon’s room and jump over her bed. “So what do you think about him?”.

“He is not arrogant, Jayeon, but a er”, she covering her face with blanket.

“I thought you’ll have a different point of view with me. For me he is a jerk”, I lie down next to her.

“I think the same thing too. You know what?”, Jiyeon changes her position and looking at me. “Today is one of the something days in my life. I met Siwan oppa somewhere, and your friend is hit his face”.

“WHAT?!”, I wide open my eyes. Die you Kim Myungsoo! How dare you hit him!

“I know your reaction would be like this if I told you”, she push my forehead. “But for the first time I think he deserves it. His words are so mean to Myungs I don’t even expect those words came out from his mouth”.

“What words?”.

“It’s not important forget it, just remind me about it make me feel so bad”, she covering her face with blanket again. I rubs her hair and smiles at her, she improve so much. She usually didn’t care with people problems or sarcastic words or fighting thing.

“But don’t you think my friend is hot?”.

“Yes!”, she threw the blanket and her expression is change now. “I think I already saw your friend before but I’m not sure”.

“Did you know a band named Infinite?”.

“I just knew that band this morning. They song is so good, what is that…”, she looks thinking, come on Jiyeon you got this. “Can U Smile, yes Can U Smile. And you know what, the Infinite’s drummer is stolen my heart, I want to be his officially fan”, Oh Gawd she still don’t get it.

“Really? Did you know his name?”.

“No, your Myungs is come when I’m about dig about Infinite’s”.

“Don’t you realize something?”.

“What?”, she looks clueless.

“I never know you’re bad for this lesson. Don’t you think Myungsoo is look alike…”, she is gasping and covering my mouth.

“NO WAY”, I’m about burst in laugh right now.

“You wanna registering yourself as Kim Myungsoo’s fans? I’ll help you”.

“No need. I’ll join his antifans-cafe”, she grab her bag and open it, I bet she’s finding her phone right now.

“You’re so epic, kid”.

“I know I am”, she is focus with her phone now.

 

I get up then get out from her room, showering must be good for now. Today is a long day too for me but how I tell Jiyeon about that, especially about her engagement party next week.

 

6:48 pm

 

Jiyeon and I were watching ‘My Sister Keeper’ in the living room, I recommend that movie for Jiyeon because she told me she want to watch a mellow-drama movie. I don’t get what’s going on with her today. I wouldn’t let Myungsoo meet her anymore, they just knowing each other less than a day and suddenly my sister being weird. Mellow-drama isn’t her style to be honest.

She asked me to cook but I’m too tired, so I just call the delivery service. She told me she ate junk-food for breakfast I feel so bad because I forgot cook something for her. So I just order two herb porridges, garlic bread, and oolong tea. I don’t like kind of this food for real, I wanna pizza or chicken wings for dinner but I did a mistake this morning, sigh.

 

 “Jiyeon, I need to tell you something”, here you go Jayeon.

“What’s that my darling?”, she still looking at the TV seriously.

“Look at me first”, I flick her back head, then she turn to around to me.

“U-um okay”, I bite my upper lip trying to calming myself. “Today I met Hoya and his family at the graves, you must be know his family are relatives with ours”, she just nodding.

“Then?”.

“Then when I sat somewhere mom came to me with Hoya…”.

“Oh my God are you gonna be a couple with Hoya?”.

“NO! don’t interrupt me listen first!”, I frown at her.

“Okay”, she make an ‘o’ sign with her hand.

“Then mom said that she needed help from Hoya and me for your engagement”.

She just looking at me without expression then messing my hair. “What a nice story, I’m touched”.

“Geez I’m not kidding around! It’s for real Jiyeon. Siwan oppa will be your fiancé”.

“Proof me something”, she fold her hands.

“Challenge accepted, if I see your face changes into red or gasping you need to pay for dinner”.

“Call”, she show me her thumb and I stick it to my thumb. I stood up and ran to my room, this afternoon mom showed me the engagement’s inviting cards so I took an example of it and safe it in my bag.

“Here, read carefully young lady”, I gave her the card.

“Don’t call me that it remind me of Myungs”, she push my head madly, I just smiles.

“Remember young lady, don’t gasping or you lose”, I looking at her thorough.

“Oh my Neptunus”, she drop her jaw and her eyes just like want to poops out. Ha! I win!

“Need another evidence, my dearest sister?”, I give her an annoying look.

“So that’s why I saw Siwan oppa at jewelry shop!”, Jiyeon shakes my shoulder.

“What?”.

“Yes I saw him today and we argued because of it…”, she pouting and stand up.

“Where are you going?”.

“Meet Siwan oppa. Where’s my phone?”, she looks in panic now. I pointing to kitchen desk next to the refrigerator, she left it there when she took a bucket of mint ice cream, she walks like Tom saw Jerry.

“I don’t have cash now so you can hold it”, she give me her credit card, she had it the way I only have an atm card. “The pin is one-o-one-five-double two. I’ll be back soon!”, in ten seconds she left this place like a wind. I know something will be happen tonight.

 

Jiyeon's POV

 

7:00 pm

 

Come on Siwan oppa pick up the phone this is an emergency.

 

“Hello?”, finally.

“Oppa, can you come to my place now? I’m waiting in the lounge now please hurry”.

“But I just came back from my office and I…”, oh please there’s no time.

“Please just a minute then you can take a shower in peace”.

“Okay, I’ll be there around ten minutes”, he hang up the call.

 

Five minutes passed by…

Ten minutes passed by…

Fifteen minutes passed by…

Twenty minutes passed by…

 

Is this person joking around? I don’t like wasting time like this especially for meals time, and I already wore my pajama’s suit. If I know he’ll late I’ll dress up nicely not like this.

 

“Thanks for waiting and sorry I met someone on the way here”, he suddenly sat down next to me, my heart just like jumping when I saw him. “What’s bring you on?”.

“Is that true you’ll be my fiancé?”.

“Ah, so your mom already told you”, he put his hand around my shoulders, as always.

“No, Jayeon told me”, I still acts coldly.

“Well”, he changed his position and grabbed my chin. Oh no Siwan oppa I can’t hold it anymore.

“Don’t make out in public”, he teases me when I peck his cheek.

“What the heck is make out, my lips just touched your cheek”, I push him and put a palm face again. He chuckles.

“You still mad because of the last tragedy? But it’s clear now…”.

“No. Not yet. There’s still a mystery for me, you love me or Jayeon?”, I looking at his eyes so he can’t lie.

“You, Park Jiyeon. I love you”, he looking at my eyes back.

“But why you still mentioning Jayeon’s name in every conversation? Two days ago when you asked apologized from me you still said her name and asked me how is she doing”, he bites his right thumb, looks he thinking of something.

“Okay I’ll tell you the truth because we will be a couple soon, but make sure you’re not going interrupts me”.

“Promise”, I crossed my heart.

“Jayeon and I dated two years ago, and we broke up because she loves you more than she loves me. She feels guilty so that’s why she has no brave to tell you about this. It’s not her fault so don’t argue with her after this”.

“It’s not a joke right?”, seriously, I wanna standing ovation for his acting skill.

“No it’s for real, so I hope after this conversation no more secrets between us”.

“You’re lying for me about two years huh? And since when you like Jayeon? Don’t tell me you like both of us now”, I’m really stands up right now. He pulls my hand so I back to the seat.

“Listen first”, he grab my cheeks and looking at me deeply, please I hate your way treat me oppa because it let you win with my heart. “I WAS deeply in love for Jayeon for five years but NOW I madly in love with you, Jiyeon”.

“What kind of bull is this?”, I push him back and stands up again. “Don’t chase me and use your time to think, should you be a couple with me or get back with Jayeon, don’t regret your decision”, I run to the lift and unfortunately the first lift is under renovation and the second lift still in 53rd floor and I need to waiting about fifty two floors more, .

“Jiyeon!”, he shouting to me from the lounge. “Don’t you think you lying for me too? Yours the worst, you hiding your dark past about twelve years until now, you think I don’t know who Im Jae Bum is?”, damn you Im Siwan don’t mention that name in front of me ever again.

“I don’t know what are you talking about”, there are two ways; use emergency stair or covering my ears until the lift’s come down, I don’t think the first option is a good option. And now he is standing next to me.

“You still can’t forget him and you falling for me too? You think it’s not hurts me? You think I’m the second person for you the way you still thinking Jae Bum the first for you?”, covering my ears is not affective.

“Give me a break oppa. Let’s not talking about that guy and use your time for thinking before D-day is come”, finally the lift reached the 1st floor so I came in quickly and press the 23rd floor, then the lift is closing. He never changes, whenever I told him don’t chase me he won’t, when I told him to do not calls me or texts me then he won’t, it’s not what I want! I want him fights for me.

 

What a full day. So much tragedy happened less than 24 hours, amazing. So that’s why it took so hard to contact with Jayeon when I lived in Paris. Everything is clear now. My foreboding is true, something happen between them without anyone notice it, good job. Should I talk about this with Jayeon? Yes I should.

 

“You already back? How was it?”, Jayeon appear when I open the door.

“We need to talk”.

“Sure, but eat your porridge first”, she drag me to the dining table and okay I’m hungry let’s talk after this.

“Where is your porridge?”, I asked her as I sat down on the dining chair, she followed me.

“In my belly”, she smiles and giggling, I just smile.

 

7:57 pm

 

“So…”, Jayeon open first, we didn’t talk since I start eat until I finished the dinner. “Is Siwan oppa told you everything?”.

“Let me hear from your side first, can you explain EVERYTHING to me?”.

“W-well, I bet he told you everything. I’m really sorry that I didn’t tell you and sorry I lied to you”, she hold my hand and I response nothing.

“It’s not what I mean, I just need you be honest with me and… and why I should heard those words from a guy that we using to love? You such a selfish, Jayeon”, pulls my hand from her and stands up. “Sorry I didn’t mean to blame you”, I messes my hair frustrating.

“And you know what”, she stands up too. “You’re such a greedy, Jiyeon. You still can’t forget Jae Bum and you falling deep for Siwan oppa? You need to choose one”, she said with a soft tone, but hearing that ‘guy’ name make me want to jump from the highest tower.

“I SAID I DON’T WANT TO BLAME YOU SO DON’T MENTIONING HIS NAME EVER AGAIN! THAT MAN NAMED SIWAN MENTIONED HIS NAME FOR AN EXCUSED. DON’T YOU DARE TO DO THE SAME THING!”.

“WHAT?! FACE THE REALITY JIYEON, WAKE UP, AND MOVE ON! IM JAE BUM DIED FIFTEEN YEARS AGO AND LEFT SO MUCH UNFORGETABLE MEMORIES BUT HE’S REST IN PEACE NOW! YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT FEEL HURTS? HOW ABOUT ME AND SIWAN OPPA?”.

“DAMN YOU PARK JAYEON!”, I ran to my room and locked the door, feels the warm items runs down from my eyes, I hate crying, it reminds me of ‘him’.

 

Flashback to fifteen years ago

It’s a peaceful morning, peace enough to jogging around. Someone invited me to run along with him, how can I ignored it the way he is one of lot people that makes me happy, his name Is Im Jae Bum, I used to called him JB and he called me JY as well. His body is weak but he never told me why and when I asked him he always said “because I’m still a kid, I’ll have a good body when I purpose you ten years later”, and his mother once said to me that someday they’ll move from this country to Paris, I don’t know anything about Paris except Eiffel tower, my teacher was explained that tower in social class. His mother explained that JB need better treatments in Paris so his body won’t get weaker and his uncle is live on there too, then I said I want to go along with them but his mother just smiled nicely and hug me.

After jogging Jae Bum took me to a lake near to our resident, we sat there and fool around there, his mom made breakfast for us too, Italian sandwiches, his favorite food. After that he gave me a bracelet, beautiful pink pearl bracelet, I don’t know why he always gave me pink stuffs when I asked he replied “because pink is only suit on you, and you only suit with pink, and I’ll make sure the only one that can gives you pink things is me, no one just me”. I had a cabinet that I only used to safe goods from him, and it’s full, I was thinking should I ask mom to buy a new cabinet or not, and the decision is no.

He was my first love since we’ve been a chairmate for six years in Elementary School, he was my first kiss when I cried at the shelter because I lost my hamster and he comforted me, and he was the first to make me dream about a marriage.

But several times I saw his nose bleeding, or he pukes, or convulsions without reason, and he always told me it’s okay he just do something funny for me, but it’s not funny at all to be honest.

One day mom told me to gave JB’s family a banana cake that she made, so I came to his house and found that place is empty and I saw ‘FOR SALE’ written on a wooden board and placed in front of his house, what a big shock. Since that day I used my times to be alone, and when I miss him I just came to ‘our’ lake and threw the goods that he gave to me, tried to let go the memories.

Two months later a family occupied that house, and I had thought they would know the reason Im family moving, and where. They replied Im family moved to Paris, because the only child, Im Jae Bum died and was buried there. I can’t say any words and think how stupid I was believe what he says he's actually fine.

That’s why I really wanted to go to Paris but my parent forbidden me and it motivated me to study harder and be the best so one day I can go to Paris and reunion with my first boyfriend, Im Jae Bum. And that thing is happened! I still remember the first time I came to the place where he lay down in peace, I bring pink roses for him and cries about an hour in front of him, he might be next to me and tried to cheer me up I can feel it but I can’t saw it.

And two or three years after JB’s passed, a cool kid named Im Siwan came to us, came to me and Jayeon and fills new chapters for me and  new stories to Jayeon. What a mess because we both loves him.

THE END

 

It’s 2 am already and I can’t sleep yet, and my face is so wet, ugh. I don’t even remember the last time I cried, until today everything being so mess around. Calls your best friend is one of ways to get back the mood, should I do that too?

 

“Jiyeon-a, please can you cancel what are you gonna say until tomorrow?”, Hoya’s voice sounds hoarse.

“Hoya, can we meet up now?”.

“Oh my damn Jiyeon, are you crying?”.

“N-no, I mean yeah. Please come over, I’ll be waiting at the usual park” I answered when my tears uncontrollably.

“Don’t go anywhere I’ll pick you ASAP”, he hung up the phone.

 

I change my cloths, don’t know what to wear so I just wear what I saw, and it’s a shift floral dress. Grab my pair of white sandals and black glasses. Waiting Hoya from the outside of my apartment.

 

 TO BE CONTINUED

 

Uwaaa thanks guys for the advices, Author’s rules everything huahahaha just see what will happen next XD

To be honest my mood is so gloomy right now so I use my time to written this chapter, hope you guys like the story above!