A little explanation

The New Guy || Kailu Shortstory

Baking. Luhan had loved it for as far as he could remember. It was kind of getting out of hand, since his mother no longer bothered to buy cookies or cakes, because Luhan made enough to satisfy their hunger. On this particular Sundag he was making chocolate chip cookies. Singing alog to the radio, he mixed the ingredients together. His parents were visiting friends, so he didn’t have to take account of them.

The doorbell rang, which made him smile a little, because he knew who it was. He dropped the mixer and basically danced his way over to the hallway, where he opened the door. ‘Hey’, he greeted Jongin with a smile.

‘Hi’. Jongin also smiled and pulled him into a hug.

Luhan wrapped his arms around him. ‘How are you?’, he asked.

‘Good, you?’.

‘Yes, I’m great’. He pulled his head back and pressed a kiss on Jongin’s lips. He reached for his hand and took Jongin inside.

‘What are you doing?’.

‘Baking cookies’. He looked over his shoulder with a smile.

Jongin’s expression changed into hungry. ‘Really? You are?’.

Luhan nodded. ‘Yes’. They walked into the kitchen. Luhan turned down the radio a bit. He let go of Jongin’s hand and took the mixer again. ‘Uhm... Well... You can just sit... Somewhere...’. Luhan looked around to find a place for Jongin, who just sat down on the counter top. ‘Yes... Or you’re doing... That...’.

Jongin laught a little. ‘So, what kind of cookies are you baking?’, he asked.

‘Chocolat chip’.

His gaze went to the dough Luhan had already made. ‘I’m dying to taste them’.

Luhan laught. ‘Then you have to wait half an hour’.

‘unfortunately’.

Luhan grabbed a spoon out of one of the drawers.

‘So... What Minseok said the other day...’, began Jongin a little hesitatingly.

Luhan looked up at him. ‘About what?’. He had said quite a lot.

‘About Jongdae’.

Luhan frowned. ‘What did he say?’. He started packing the dough on the oven sheet.

‘Something about Jongdae going mad if he finds out?’.

Luhan froze. ‘Yes...?’, he asked. He actually didn’t want to talk about this with Jongin, but he knew it would have to happen eventually.

‘Why?’. Jongin looked at him. Eyes full of curiosity.

Luhan sighed. ‘Well, we only broke up a couple weeks ago and he’s kind of not over me... So... That’s why...’.

Jongin frowned. ‘But you guys are no longer together, why does he care?’.

Luhan was silent for a moment. ‘He... He really liked me... like... A lot... And...’. He felt silent. He didn’t know how to explain.

‘Luhan, come here’. Jongin stretched an arm out to him. Luhan dropped the spoon and got a hold of his hand. Jongin pulled him closer, so he could stand inbetween his legs. ‘Just tell me’, he said a little softer then usual. He laid his hands on Luhan’s hips.

‘Okay, so we were in a relationship for about half a year’, Luhan started. He figured he would just tell him the whole story. ‘And it was all great and amazing, but at some point I just started noticing that he was more protective then other boyfriends, he was with me more often then usual, he would call me all the time and he constantly wanted to hang out together’. Jongin nodded. ‘He would always just stare at me, but not the cute kind, he would always stare if he wasn’t next to me, like... If I was on the other side of the room, he would constantly stare at me’.

‘Why?’, asked Jongin.

Luhan shrugged. ‘I don’t know, but things like that annoyed me so much, I broke up with him’.

Jongin seemed to think for a bit. ‘Can I compare him with a sort of... Stalker?’.

Luhan nodded. ‘Yes, the guys always say he just likes me, Yixing even says he loves me, but he doesn’t, he’s out of that stage, he’s obsessed’.

Jongin moved his hand and lingered his arms around Luhan’s neck. ‘Is that why he punched Joonmyun?’, he asked.

‘Yes... I bumped into Joonmyun this one time in the cafetaria, we talked for a bit, he asked me out, but Jongdae walked past at that moment, he became a little angry at Joonmyun, who said something along the lines of: ‘It’s not like he’s your property or something’ and after that Jongdae lashed out at him...’. Luhan fell silent again.

Jongin pulled him into a hug. ‘Was it that bad?’.

Luhan wrapped his arms around Jongin’s waist. He laid his head on Jongin’s chest and nodded. ‘I was just so shocked and I felt sorry for him. Jongdae had hit his nose, it started bleeding and it just wouldn’t stop. I wanted to stay with him, but there were teachers coming, so Jongdae took me with him’.

‘Did he get any punishment?’.

‘Yes, he was suspended for a week and had to visit Joonmyun in the hospital, but I’m not sure if he did that’.

Jongin pressed a little kiss on his forehead. ‘You think that will be me if he finds out?’, he asked.

Luhan pulled back and looked him in the eye. His gaze was sad. ‘Yes, but Yifan also can’t stand you now, so I suppose it’ll be worse’.

‘We won’t tell anyone yet then, okay?’.

Luhan nodded. ‘That’s for the better’.

‘But... We are going to the dance, right? Friday?’.

A smile broke through on Luhan’s face. ‘Ofcourse we are, but we’re just not going as a couple’.

Jongin nodded. ‘Yes’.

‘I’m sorry to drag you into all this drama’, Luhan said.

Jongin started to laugh. ‘Stop apologizing for things you didn’t do!’.