Getting Caught

The New Guy || Kailu Shortstory

Later that day, Luhan walked into the changing rooms of their school’s gymnesium. It was almost the end of the hour. He knew that Jongin had gym this hour and he just wanted to talk to him. He felt awefull for the things Yifan said that morning. In all honesty, he had not thought that Jongin would react that way, although he found it very brave of him.

Jongin walked out of changing room number seven with some random guy Luhan had seen before, but he didn’t know the name of. Jongin looked a but surprised at him. ‘Hey, don’t you have class?’.

‘Can I talk to you?’, Luhan asked, ignoring his question.

‘Uhm... Yes, ofcourse’, Jongin answered. He looked at Luhan. He knew what this was about.

Luhan grabbed his wrist and pulled him back into the changing room.

‘I’ll be in class in a minute’, Jongin said to the other guy.

‘I’m so sorry for what happened’, Luhan immediatelly said when the door closed.

Jongin started laughing. ‘Stop apologizing for things you didn’t do’.

‘I know, I just... Yifan can be so mean and I just think he doesn’t know how much he hurts people sometimes...’. Luhan’s gaze went down to the floor.

‘He’s a ’, Jongin said.

‘Yes... That word’.

Jongin had to laugh again. He thought Luhan’s kindness, goodness and urge to always apologize for everything was quite amusing.

Luhan pushed his upper arm. ‘Stop laughing at me’.

‘Yes, yes, I’m sorry...’. He took a deep breath. ‘Normally I wouldn’t interfere with other people’s business, but since Joonmyun is my cousin... You know?’.

Luhan nodded. ‘I understand’. Jongin sat down on the benches. Luhan sat down next to him. ‘I thought it was very brave of you’, he said.

Jongin looked at him. ‘You think so?’.

‘Yes, I know Yifan can be quite scary’.

Jongin laught a little. ‘I’m not afraid of him’.

Luhan was silent for a moment. ‘Well... You should be...’.

‘Why?’.

‘Because he has beaten up people before’.

‘Really? I thought it was all bluffing’.

Luhan shook his head. ‘Mainly at parties when he was a little drunk, but...’. He looked at Jongin. Eyes full of concern.

‘Jeez... Why are you friends with him?’, Jongin asked.

‘Oh, he can be a really good friend, you just have to watch out’.

Jongin nodded. He stood up. ‘I’ll be safe’.

Luhan smiled. ‘I hope so’.

‘Don’t you have class?’, Jongin asked.

‘No, I have a gab hour’. The bell rang.

‘Well, I don't, so... I kind of... have to go’. Jongin pointed quite awkwardly at the door.

‘Oh, yeah, you should probably go then’.

‘Yes’. Jongin wanted to walk to the door.

‘Wait!’. Luhan stood up and grabbed his hand. ‘Are you just going to leave me like this?’.

‘Like what?’, he asked.

Luhan asked himself if Jongin was seriously that stupid or if he just wanted him to say it. ‘Without a kiss’, he said.

Jongin’s smile grew bigger. ‘I was just about to do that’. He brought his face closer to Luhan’s and pressed their lips together. Luhan brought his hand to the side of Jongin’s face. He just couldn’t help himself. He pussed his body against Jongin's and deepened the kiss.

It was all great and amazing, untill the door opened and neither of them noticed. ‘Luhan, what the ?!’.

Both of them recognised that voice. They both pulled their faces back.

Minseok stood in the doorway. ‘What are you doing here? Don’t you have math? Why where you... kissing... with... That Seoul guy?’.

Jongin ran a hand through his face.

‘Okay, Minseok, just... sssht, okay, don’t say anything, please’, Luhan said. He didn’t know what to do.

‘Jongdae is gonna go mad when he finds out about this’.

‘Don’t tell him! Don’t tell anyone!’.

Minseok looked from Jongin to Luhan. ‘I won’t... But you owe me an explaination’.

Luhan nodded. ‘Yes, I’ll tell you, but don’t talk about this with anyone, please’, Luhan begged him.

‘No, I won’t, but... What are you guys? Dating or anything?’.

Luhan looked at Jongin, who looked back at him. ‘I don’t... Know?’, he stammered.

‘Uhm... Well... If you... If you want to?’, was Jongin’s answere.

‘Well, yeah, I do, but... Are you... Like... Okay with that?’. Wauw, this was awkward.

Minseok was looking like he had just seen a ghost.

‘Yes, yes, ofcourse I want to’.

‘Okay, we’re dating’, Luhan told Minseok. He could hear footsteps in the hallway. ‘There are people coming, we’re going’. He quickly walked out of the changing room.
Jongin followed him.

‘You owe me an explaination!’, Minseok called after them.


~


The explaination was an hour later in their Science class.

‘Luhan!’, Minseok shouted as soon as Luhan walked into the class.

‘Yes, I’m coming...’. He sighed. Minseok was sitting next to Yixing and there was an empty table on his other side, where Luhan sat down.

Minseok just stared at him for a couple seconds.

Luhan pulled the right books out of his bag and dropped it on the floor. ‘What?’, he asked. This question was totally unnecessary.

‘What are you doing?’, Minseok asked. Yixing was listening carefully, although he had no idea what Minseok was talking about. Luhan shrugged.

‘Are you crazy?’.

‘No, I’m not, I just like him’. Minseok shook his head.

‘You like who?’, asked Yixing.

‘That Seoul guy’, answered Minseok before Luhan could even open his mouth.

‘Really? But that’s great! He’s a nice guy, I talked to him in Math class last week’, said Yixing.

‘No, that’s not great, if this comes out then Jongdae will kill Jongin and Yifan will kill Luhan’, said Minseok. He turned his head to Luhan, who didn’t really know what to say. ‘There are so many cute guys out there and you have to pick Joonmyun’s cousin?’.

‘I didn’t know he was Joonmyun’s cousin when I started liking him’, answered Luhan.

‘What were you doing in the changing rooms with him anyway?’.

‘I was talking about what happened this morning’.

‘Yes, Yifan wasn’t nice to him’, Yixing added.

Minseok shook his head again. ‘You’ve gotten yourself into so much , Luhan’.

Luhan sighed. ‘I know...’. He didn’t know what to do.

‘I don’t understand why you don’t just get back together with Jongdae’, Minseok said, which made Luhan a little annoyed.

‘Because he’s obsessed with me’, he explained for the hundreth time since their break-up.

‘He just likes you, what’s wrong with that?’. ‘

I always thought he serieusly loved you’, Yixing said.

Luhan sighed. ‘He’s just way to intrusive, he called me a couple times a day, he was always around, he always wanted to come over, whenever I was talking with someone else, he almost immediatelly came over to put himself into the conversation, he just annoys me’.

‘Look, if you think this is the right thing then you should get together with Jongin, okay? But just be careful, because if this comes out you’re screwed’.