A Special Question

The New Guy || Kailu Shortstory

A couple days later Luhan was cycling home from school, when he saw Jonging walking. His bicycle next to him and the handlebar in his hands. They had spoken a few times in history class now and they got along very well. Luhan couldn’t stop his heart from fluttering every time he saw Jongin. It was that bad already.

‘Jongin!’, he shouted.

The guy in front of him looked over his shoulder. He laughed when he saw Luhan. ‘Hey’.

When Luhan was next to Jongin, he stopped cycling. ‘What’s wrong? Why are you walking?’. He looked a little concerned.

‘My bicycle chain is disconnected’, explained Jongin. ‘So I’m forced to walk’.

‘What happened? Did you stop to quickly?’.

‘No, I rode over this hole in the road and it just broke’.

‘You can hold on to me? Where do you live?’.

‘Uhm...’. Jongin thought for a moment. ‘Oh, I always forget our street’s name... But it’s just straight ahead, then right, then left and... I think right again’.

‘But that’s near by my house’, Luhan said.

‘It is?’.

‘Yes, come on, I’ll bring you!’. Luhan sad down on his bike already.

Jongin laughed. ‘Thanx’. He sat down on his bicycle and laid his hand on Luhan’s arm.

Luhan started cycling.

‘I’ve never seen you on my way to school before’, mentioned Jongin.

Luhan shook his head. ‘No, but I think that is because I often times go to Tao first, you know Tao, right?’.

‘Yes, he’s the blond guy, isn’t he?’.

Luhan laughed. ‘Yes, the blond guy’. They turned right.

‘I also know who your other friends are’.

Luhan glanced at him. ‘So you’re a stalker now?’, he asked.

Jongin laughed a little. ‘Wel, actually... No, just kidding, Jumnyeon told me who they are’.

Luhan chuckled. ‘I’m sure you’ve heard the most amazing things then’. They turned left.

‘Oh, yes, it’s obvious you guys are great friends’, said Jongin in a sarcastic tone.

‘I know, right? We’ve been since kindergarden’. They both started laughing.

‘Okay, wait, your house is here on the right, isn’t it?’.

‘Yes, this street’. They turned right. ‘The second house’.

Luhan stopped in front of the driveway of Jongin’s house.

‘Where’s your house?’.

‘Oh, just down the road and then the second street left’.

Jongin nodded. ‘Ahah... Thank you for bringin me home’, he thanked Luhan.

‘Oh, no, it was nothing’.

‘No, really, what can I do to make it up to you?’.

‘What? You don’t have to do anything’.

‘Yes, I do, come on, what do you want?’.

‘Wel... You could...’, Luhan started. He had been thinking about this for the past two days. ‘Like... It’s probably a stupid question and you should say it if you don’t want to... But...’. He actually didn’t dare to ask it, although he forced himself to. The reason he hadn’t been with Jongdae earlier was because he didn’t dare to take action and he wasn’t going to let that happen again.

‘Yes...?’, Jongin asked. Luhan looked him in the eye.

‘Would you want to go on a date with me?’.

A smile broke through on Jongin’s face. ‘Ofcourse I do, silly, why wouldn’t I?’.

Luhan shrugged. ‘I don’t know...’. He couldn’t hide his smile. ‘This Saturday? At... 2 PM? Is that alright?’, he asked.

Jongin nodded. ‘Yes, that’s fine’. He wrapped an arm around Luhan’s tiny body and pulled him into a hug.

Luhan, surprised by the sudden contact, had to laugh. ‘Well, I guess you’re looking forward to our date?’.

Jongin pulled his head back. ‘Yes, I’m glad you asked’.


~


A day later Jongin was sitting next to Joonmyun in their English class. Jongin gradually became annoyed by Joonmyun’s motivation to always be te best in every class. Just like now. He raised his hand.

‘Yes, Junmnyeon?’, the teacher said. A middle aged man who was sitting behind his desk. The other students were making their homework or silently talking to each other.

‘Which book are we going to read next?’.

Jongin heard some laughing from behind. Yifan and Tao.

‘Romeo and Juliet’, the teacher answered.

‘Oh, okay, thank you, sir’. Joonmyun returned to his homework.

‘Sir, which book are we reading next?’, said Yifan behind them.

‘Sir, why didn’t I get full points on my last test?’, joined Tao.

‘Sir, I already finished my homework for next week, what should I do?’.

‘Sir, I didn’t have an A for the test, you must’ve made a mistake’.

They both couldn’t stop laughing.

Jongin had to laugh himself. This was exactly how he saw his cousin.

Joonmyun turned his head. ‘Yes, I’ve heard you, you can stop now’.

‘Tao, did you hear anything?’.

‘No, I didn’t, did you?’.

‘Yes, I think I heard something’.

Joonmyun turned his head to look forward again. Jongin could see the irritation in his eyes.

‘You must be going mad, there wasn’t any noise’, said Tao.

‘Yes, there was, it was almost like I heard a voice’, answered Yifan.

‘A voice? What kind of voice?’.

‘Yes, it was this particularly annoying voice’.

‘But who has such an annoying voice then?’.

Joonmyun frowned. He wanted to say something. Something really mean and hurtful, but he didn’t dare to.

‘I already know who’s voice it was, it was Joonmyun’s’, Yifan said.

Jongin understood why his cousin didn’t like him.

‘Joonmyun? Do we still have classes with him?’.

‘Yeah, I didn’t know about that either...’.

‘Woaaah...’, said Tao amazed, where after they both started laughing.