Two Groups

The New Guy || Kailu Shortstory

Where’s your new friend?’, Jongdae asked when Luhan showed up at their table the second intermission without Jongin.

‘Turns out he is Joonmyun’s cousin’. Something Luhan wasn’t particularly happy about. He throwed his bag on the table and sat down between Minseok and Yixing. On the other side of the table were Zitao, Jongdae and Yifan.

‘Who is?’, asked Yixing.

‘The new guy from Seoul’, answered Jongdae.

‘Joonmyun?’. Yifan looked at Luhan, who nodded.

‘Yes, Joonmyun’.

‘Ulg...’. Yifan looked at a different direction with a disgusted face.

Luhan followed his gaze. And that was Joonmyun’s table. With Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and now Jongin as well. Suddenly, all of them started staring at the table.

‘You mean the guy with black hair? On the left?’, asked Tao.

‘Yes, that’s Jongin’.

‘Wow, his hair is great’.

While Tao couldn’t stop staring at his hair, Luhan couldn’t stop staring at Jongin as a whole.

‘How do you know he is Jungmyeon’s cousin?’, Yixing wondered.

‘I was told to show him around this morning, so we already met and I ran into him on my way to our table, so I wanted to take him with me, but then Joonmyun showed up all of a sudden and started talking to Jongin. I asked if they knew each other and Jongin said they are cousins. After that Joonmyun just walked away and took Jongin with him’, Luhan told the others.

‘What did Joonmyun say to you?’, asked Yifan.

‘Nothing’.

‘For real? Nothing?’. Yifan started to laugh.

‘He didn’t even look at me’.

‘He doesn’t dare to since he tried to hit on you and Jongdae punched him’, said Minseok.

They all started laughing.

‘The blood just kept flowing out of his nose’, laughed Yixing.

‘And I didn’t know what to do, because part of me felt sorry for him’, said Jongdae.

Luhan took a bottle of water out of his bag.

‘Why do guys always try to hit on you, though?’, asked Tao.

Luhan glanced at him. ‘What?’.

‘Not that you are not good looking or anything!’, Tao quickly added.

Luhan started to laugh.

‘That’s nog what I mean... I just... Oh, just leave it’. He burried his face into his hands.

‘No, no! I get what you mean, like, why don’t they try hitting on me?’, asked Yifan.

‘Maybe because your ego is to big?’, tried Minseok.

The rest bursted out in laughter.

‘Ey, watch out!’.

‘Just a suggestion...’, said Minseok.

Out of nowhere, Yixing started speaking. ‘I think they try to hit on you because you remind them of an angel’.

Everyone stayed silent.

Luhan felt Jongdae looking at him.

‘Yes... An angel’, Jongdae added.

Luhan just looked in the opposite direction.

‘Just like your necklace’, said Yixing.

Luhan’s gaze went to Yixing, who clearly didn’t had any clue of saying something that wasn’t really fitting at the moment, but the worst thing was when he asked: ‘Why are you never wearing it anymore?’.

The rest just did a facepalm.

‘Ough, Yixing, you idiot! They broke up like two weeks ago’, Yifan reminded him.

‘Yes, I know! But it’s a beautiful necklace and I think he should wear it more often’.

‘Yixing, things like that have a meaning’, Minseok tried to explain.

Luhan couldn’t stop facepalming. That stupid necklace. It was still lying on his nightstand because he didn’t know what to do with it.

‘I just think he-‘, Yixing started, but he got cut of by Luhan.

‘Do you want it?’.

He looked at Luhan. ‘Want what?’.

‘The necklace, do you want it?’.

Yixing frowned. ‘It’s a beautiful necklace, but it’s yours’.

‘Yes, it’s yours! Why would you even think about giving it away?’, pushed Jongdae himself into the conversation.

‘Why would you mind?’. Luhan raised an eyebrow at Jongdae.

‘Because it was a special gift to you’.

‘Yeah, well, I can’t wear it anymore, so it’s better to give it away’, defented Luhan.

‘Why did you two broke up in the first place?’, asked Yixing.

Everyone facepalmed once again.

‘Please, Yixing, please, just stop talking’, Tao begged.

‘Because Jongdae is obsessed’, answered Luhan.

‘I’m not! I just like you, why can’t you see that?’.

‘Why can’t you just back off and leave me alone?’.

‘How can I possibly leave you alone if we’re in the same group of friends?’.

‘You don’t even try’.

‘Well, you didn’t even try to-‘.

‘Guys please!’, Yifan screamed. ‘Ulg, I feel like I’m part of your relationship, that’s how much you argue’.

It was silent for a moment, but Luhan just had to say: ‘We don’t have a relationship’.

Yifan gave him a glance like he was going to kill him.


~


Joonmyun’s table was way more peaceful. The lads didn’t argue, they just ate their food and made small talk about discussable subjects.

Joonmyun had introduced Jonging to his friends: Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhung and Kyongsoo, who all seemed really friendly, but were kind of boring to Jonging. Not that he’d expected anything else from his cousin. Everyone in the family knew Joonmyun did great in school and it kind of looked like his friends also did.

Long story short: Jongin felt like he didn’t belong here. He heard laughing left from him and turned his head to look at it. He recognised Luhan in a group of six people, which instantly made him more curious. They were sitting a couple tables further.

‘Who are they?’, he asked.

Joonmyun looked op from his luch. ‘Who?’. He followed Jongin’s gaze. ‘Ulg... Them... You don’t want to know them’.

‘Uhm... Yes, I do, you can just tell me you know, I already met Luhan’. He couldn’t help but notice that Joonmyun’s cheeks got a slighly more red shade at the mention of Luhan’s name.

Joonmyun sighed. ‘Okay, so you already know Luhan, right next to him is Minseok, he is this sports guy who thinks he’s amazing in gym class. On his left is Yixing, who is the stuppidest person you’ll ever meet. Like, serieusly, if you have any classes with him, you’ll get so annoyed by all his stupid questions’, he started ranting.

Jongin was a little suprised by the sudden hate in his gaze.

‘Oh, Yixing is indeed the worst, in geography he once asked the teacher if India really was a country’, Baekhung agreed.

‘In front of Luhan is Yifan and I won’t even try to explain him, you’ll figure that out yourself’, continued Joonmyun.

‘They say Yifan is always drunk at parties’, told Kyungsoo.

‘The one with the blond hair is Tao and he is serieusly opsessed with his appearance, as you probably can tell and last but not least, Jongdae, who just punched me for no particular reason a couple of months ago because I was asking Luhan to come on a date with me’.

‘He didn’t know they had a relationship’, Chanyeol added.

‘Wow, wow, wait’. This was too much information for Jongin. ‘You asked Luhan on a date?’, was the first thing he asked.

‘Yes, he’s a cute guy, look at him’, was Joonmyun’s simple respont.

He didn’t have to tell that to Jonging. ‘But he already had a relationship?’.

Joonmyun nodded. ‘Yes, with Jongdae, which is why he punched me’.

Chanyeol had to laugh a little. ‘The blood just cept coming out and I had to take him to the hospital’.

‘Well, I still don’t think it’s funny’, said Joonmyun a little annoyed.

‘Sorry...’, muttered Chanyeol.

‘But, wait, do Luhan and Jongdae still have a relationship?’, Jonging asked. Eyes full of curiousity.

Joonmyun shrugged. ‘I don’t know, he never wears the necklace Jongdae gave him anymore, so I suppose they broke up’.

This made Jongdin very happy. His gaze went to Luhan again. So adorable.