A Happy Ending

The New Guy || Kailu Shortstory

The first half an hour of the dance was quite boring. Luhan and Jongin were standing with Joonmyun and his friends, which were standing besides the dance floor.

‘So, my sister had a hockey game this afternoon and it took ages, but this cute girl was there’, Sehun started telling.

Jongin rolled his eyes. He was sure Sehun had never even kissed a girl. Luhan looked around him. His friends were standing on the other side of the gymnasium. He smiled and waved at them. They all waved back. Yixing, Minseok and Tao a little more excited then Jongdae and Yifan.

‘I started talking to her, we had a conversation and she gave me her phone number’.

The other guys were staring at him.

‘She didn’t!’, Joonmyun shouted.

‘Yes, she did!’.

‘She just gave it to you?’, Chanyeol asked suprised.

Sehun nodded. ‘She asked if I wanted her phone number’.

‘Wauw...’, Baekhyun muttered.

Jongin brought his mouth to Luhan ear. ‘Do you want to dance with me?’, he asked. He couldn’t stand Joonmyun and his friends any longer.

‘Yes, please’, Luhan answered.

Jongin smiled at him. ‘We’re going to dance’, Jongin said to no one in particular. He grabbed Luhan’s hand and dragged him with him tot he middle of the dance floor. Jongin was, ofcourse, a way better dancer then Luhan, but Jongin just held on to Luhan’s hand and made it as fun as possible. He threw their intertwined hands in the air and spun Luhan once around.

Luhan had to laugh. ‘You’re a real gentleman’, he said.

Jongin smiled. ‘I try’.

‘Well, you’re doing great so far’. Luhan looked at him.

Jongin brought a hand to the side of Luhan’s face. Luhan moved his face forward and pressed their lips together. It was the most stupid thing he had ever done, but at that moment he just couldn’t help himself.

Not that much time had passed, when their kiss was rudely interrupted by Yifan who pulled Jongin backwards. Luhan opened his eyes. His expression changed to shocked.

Jongin stared at Yifan with a frown on his face. ‘What is your problem?!’, he shouted and pushed Yifan’s hand of his shoulder.

Jongdae was stending behind Yifan. The other three still besides the dancefloor. ‘What is my problem?! What is your problem? You little !’, Yifan started. ‘First you’re talking back to me and now you’re hitting on my friend?!’. Yifan was pissed. Everyone could clearly see it in his face. A couple students were looking at them.

‘I can hit on whoever I want, even if he’s your friend!’, Jongin said.

Luhan was about to go over to them and stand in between them, when Jongdae walked up to him. ‘Are you okay?’.

Luhan just looked at him. His gaze went from Jongin and Yifan to Jongdae, who decided to put his hand on Luhan’s arm at this moment. Luhan frowned. He looked Jongdae in the eye. This was it. He’d had enough. All his anger, all the stress, all his worries. Everything just came out. ‘That is the most stupid question I’ve ever heard!’, he screamed. He hit Jongdae’s arm away.

Jongdae raised his eyebrows. Yifan and Jongin, who were still screaming at each other, felt quied and looked at Luhan.

‘Do I look okay to you?! What makes you even think I would be okay in a situation like this?! This is such a mess! Damn it!’, Luhan continued.

‘Wow, Luhan, I didn’t mean it like tha-‘. Jongdae reached for Luhan’s arm again, but Luhan hit it away.

‘Don’t touch me! I don’t want you to ever touch me again! You are not my boyfriend anymore! Why can’t you understand that?!’.

Something changed in Jongdae’s gaze. Hurt. From the corner of his eye, Luhan could see Tao, Minseok and Yixing standing behind Yifan, who shaked his head. ‘Not this again...’.

‘Luhan...’, Jongin muttered. He walked over to Luhan to stand beside him and wrap an arm around his waist. More poeple had stopped dancing too look at the drama in the middle of the dance floor.

‘Luhan, I just-‘, Jongdae tried, but got interrupted by Luhan again.

‘I’m with Jongin now, you see? So, just off!’. Luhan looked at Jongdae in an angry way.

Jongdae didn’t know what to do anymore. He looked at Luhan one more time, before he just turned around and walked away.

Luhan was a little shocked by his expression. It was so... Full of hurt. He stared after Jongdae as he realised what he had all just said. Yixing walked after Jongdae. Yifan stared at Luhan and Jongin. Minseok and Tao walked over to them.

Minseok pulled Luhan into a hug, which wasn’t that easy because Jongin refused to let him go. ‘I’ve told you before, if you’re happy with Jongin, you should go for it, but I do think you should apologize to Jongdae, because that was a bit hard’.

Luhan nodded. ‘I didn’t mean to say all that, it just came out...’. He burried his head in Jongin’s chest.

‘Well, I don’t think Jongdae wants you back anymore’, Tao tried to stay positive.

Yifan walked over to stand on next to Luhan and laid his hand on Luhan’s shoulder. ‘If you’re happy’.

Luhan smiled at Jongin. ‘I am’.


~


Probably half an hour later, Luhan walked out of the school’s gymnasium, searching for Jongdae. It wasn’t that hard to find him, since he was sitting on a fence on the other side of the school’s property.

Luhan was about to walk around the corner of the school building, but stopped when he heard them talking. Jongdae and, surprisingly, Joonmyun.

‘... Seriously loved him’, Jongdae said.

Luhan pushed himself against the wall so he could eavesdrop without them knowing.

‘I understand why you loved him’, Joonmyun said. It was silent for a moment.

‘I’m sorry for that, I shouldn’t have punched you’.

‘No, no, I just didn’t know you two were together’.

‘No, you had not been able to know, because we didn’t really look like a couple at that time’.

‘I wouldn’t have asked him out if I had known...’.

‘I overreacted and I’m so sorry’.

‘Apology accepted’. Luhan could hear laughing and it became quiet again.

Curious as he was, he peaked around the corner. They were hugging. He quickly pulled his head back again and smiled. His apology to Jongdae could wait. He started walking back to the gymnasium.

He thought that they would want some alone time.

Thank you so much for reading :D !