How They Met

The New Guy || Kailu Shortstory

Luhan was always sitting alone in his history class. He was the only one out of all his friends that had history in this hour and sadly enough, he didn’t know anyone else. It was quite good for once though, because his grades had certainly increased this year. The teacher was an older man who was really good at his job.
Luhan was just writing down the notes that were given, when a knock on the door made him, and the rest of the students attending the class, look up. Eyes full of curiosity. The teacher stopped talking. The door opened and than he walked into the class. The most handsome and y, yet nervous, shy and most adorable guy Luhan had ever seen.

‘Hello?’, the teacher said.

‘Goodmorning, sir’. The new guy stopped walking and bowed. ‘I... Uhm... I am new here and the women at the reception said I am supposed to be in this class’.

A couple girls in the back already started whispering.

The teacher nodded. ‘Yes... I’ve heard something like that, welcome to the school, please introduce yourself’.

‘Uhm...’. The new guy turned to face the class.

Luhan could see he was nervous. The guy’s eyes kept shooting from left to right. It was also at that time that Luhan noticed his mouth was slighty opened. He quickly closed it.

‘My name is Kim Jong-in and I just moved here from Seoul’.

Luhan couldn’t stop looking at him. Jongin.

‘I’m sure everyone wants to know a little bit more about you, what do you like? Do you have any hobby’s? Sports maybe?’, the teacher suggested.

‘I like dancing’.

‘What kind of dancing?’.

‘Mainly hip-hop’.

‘That sounds interesting’.

Jongin smiled. A nervous smile.

The teacher looked through the class. ‘Let me pick a seat for you...’.

Luhan stared in a different direction. Don’t make eye contact... Please, don’t let it be me, not me, please, please, praid Luhan. It didn’t work. Ofcourse. It never worked.

‘Luhan! I’m sure you’ll like some company’.

He looked up at the teacher and smiled. ‘Yes, sir’.

‘And would you mind showing Jongin the school?’.

‘No, sir’.

The teacher smiled. ‘Great’.

Jongin walked over and sat down on the seat next to Luhan.

The teacher started talking again.

Luhan glanced at Jonging. He was even more handsome from this close.

Jongin noticed Luhan staring at him en looked back.

‘I... I am Luhan’.

‘I’m Jongin, but you already knew that’. Jongin smiled a little nervous.

Luhan smiled back. He asked himself how someone could be that handsome. Ignorant of the fact that Jongin was asking himself the same. ‘Intermission is after this hour, I could show you around than?’.

‘If you want?’.

‘Yes, ofcourse’.

‘Thanks, that’s nice’.

While Luhan tried to think of something to say, Jongin’s eyes drifted to the clock. His expression changed when he realised that the class was almost over. ‘Wow, I didn’t know I’d missed almost the whole class, there was just such a huge line at the reception desk and that women just works so slow...’. Jongin ran a hand through his face, something Luhan found very cute and absolutely adorable.

‘I know, she just seems to have no motivation at all’, agreed Luhan. J

ongin turned his head to look at him. ‘She gave me the wrong scedule at first, so it tooke extra long’, he complained.

Luhan had to laugh about this. ‘She did? You poor little soul’.

Jongin also laughed.

At this moment, the buzzer went off.

‘Shal I show you around, than?’.

Jongin nodded. ‘Yes, please’.


~


That’s the library and there’s the reception, but you’ve already been there’.

Luhan and Jongin were walking through the school. Because of the intermission, there were a lot of students in the hallways.

‘Can you... Maybe show me where my locker is?’, Jongin asked.

‘Yes, ofcourse’.

‘I think I’ve put the paper in my...’. He searched in his pocket and pulled out a little note. ‘Yes, here it is’. He gave it to Luhan.

‘425...’, Luhan muttered. ‘That’s a floor higher, the stairs are that way’. He pointed to the right.

Jongin just walked after him.

Behind the note he had given Luhan was another one. Luhan recognised it as a schedule and took a look at it. ‘We’re only in history together’, he mentioned dissapointed. He kind of wanted to look at Jongin’s handsome face more ofter.

‘That’s a shame’, agreed Jongin.

Luhan’s hart fluttered. O, no, not already, he thought. They passed a couple of lockers.

‘Your’s is here on the left’. Luhan stopped walking.

‘Thanks, let me just put a couple of books in there, I got so many books this morning, my shoulders are killing me’. He pulled the key of the locker out of his pocket and opened it.

‘Did you get all your books this morning? Wow, then your bag must indeed be really heavy’.

Jongin nodded with a sad face to Luhan. ‘It is, believe me’. He took a few books out of his bag and put them in the locker, after which he closed it.

Luhan turned around ‘Okay, I’ll show...’, he started, but stopped talking when he bumped into someone. ‘O... Sorry’. He looked at the person and frowned. ‘Jongdae? What are you doing here?’.

Jongdae looked at him for a second. ‘This is my locker’, he answered.

Luhan could punch himself in the face right now. Ofcourse this was his locker, he knew that too well.

‘Who’s this?’. Jongdae looked at Jongin while putting his sports bag into his locker.

‘Uhm...’, was the only thing Luhan could get out. Wauw, this was awkward. Introducing your new crush to your ex-boyfriend.

‘I’m Jongin, nice to meet you’. Jongin bowed.

‘Jongdae’. Jongdae also bowed.

‘Are you new here?’.

‘Yes, I just moved here’.

‘From?’.

‘Seoul’.

‘Seoul... Wauw...’, Jongdae muttered. ‘And you two just met?’, he continued asking.

Luhan got annoyed now. Jongdae always interfered with his business. ‘Yes, we met in class and now I’m showing him around’, Luhan answered.

‘O, is that so?’. Jongdae looked from Luhan to Jongin.

‘Yes, and since intermission is almost over, we better keep going’. Then Luhan did the bravest thing he’d done that day: he grabbed Jongin’s wrist and dragged him after him.

‘Why don’t you bring him for lunch the second intermission?’, asked Jongdae.

‘I will!’.

‘Who was that?’, asked Jongin when he was sure Jongdae couldn’t hear him anymore.

‘O, a friend of mine’.

‘Oh...’, muttered Jongin, still ignorant of the fact that Jongdae used to be so much more.