Epilogue

Pink thread of fate

Breakage

Epilogue

 

"Mr and Mrs Kim, please!" Yi Xing called from inside the classroom. He was 27 that year and he was currently working as a teacher. A kindergarden teacher. That day was a parent-teacher-conference day and Yi Xing was very nervous. It was his first PTC alone and he was afraid that some parents would be unreasonable. But so far, they were all fine. 4 more meetings to go and he would be done for the day. 

A child skipped in, ahead of his parents. "Mr Zhang! Good morning!"

"Hello Joon Myeon." Yi Xing smiled. He really liked the boy. He was cheerful, bright, somewhat clumsy and really cute. Yi Xing was curious as to how the child's parents look like.

As 2 pairs of shoes step in, Yi Xing stood up and bowed politely before even looking at their faces.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Kim. I'm Zhang Yi Xing, Joon Myeon's teacher."

"Well, hello there Mr Zhang."

Yi Xing's eyes widened in recognition as his head snapped up to lock eyes with his bestfriend.

"KIM. JONG. DAE. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Yi Xing all but squealed and ran into Jong Dae's arms. "No homo though." He backed off quickly and turn to look at Jong Dae's wife.

"Bloody hell." Yi Xing stared at the lady and back at Jong Dae then back to the lady. "KIM XIU MIN. The two of you!!! Why didn't you tell me?" He held their hands with his. It has been so long since he last saw the pair.

"Well, its a long story. We can talk over dinner tonight. If you're free."

"Of course i'm free."

"No dates?"

"I didn't choose the single life. The single life chose me." The trio sat at the table and formally began the PTC.

Joon Myeon sat at the side, witnessing the entire meeting, eyes sparkling with curiousity.

After they finished their formal PTC, Jong Dae punched Yi Xing on his shoulder and invited him over for dinner.

"Appa! You shouldn't hit Mr Zhang!" Joon Myeon whined and tugged at Yi Xing's blazer. "Mr Zhang would be sad." 

The adults laughed at the adorable boy and Jong Dae said, "I didn't hurt him. I'm showing him my love."

"No, Joon Myeon. Your daddy hurt me." Yi Xing pouted.

"APPAAA!"

"Now, now, boys. Joon Myeon-ah, why don't you go play at the playground for awhile, we will pick you up later."

"Yes, umma." Joon Myeon stuck out his tongue at Jong Dae and ran out of the room.

"Your son, he is a cute one." Yi Xing commented, eyes trailing after the boy.

"What the , Yi Xing. He is 5." Xiu Min said deadpanned.

"What? I didn't mean it that way!"

"Yeah right." Jong Dae snorted. 

The trio spoke for a little while more before Yi Xing had to shoo them out to carry on with the PTC.

Jong Dae and Xiu Min laced their fingers together as they stepped into the sunlight.

"Joon Myeon-ah!" Xiu Min called out, "Let's go home!"

Joon Myeon left the sand pit and started putting on his shoes.

"Wow, Joon Myeon, your mother is really pretty." Joon Myeon's classmates commented.

"Of course! She is my umma!" Joon Myeon puffed up his chest proudly before waving goodbye and running into his parents' warm embrace.


Author's note: Ayyyyy kids. This is the end of Breakage. Really thankful for ya'll HAHA. This epilogue is for ya'll. :) New fics coming your way kids :D Upvote this fic and let me know what you think of it in the comments down below! :D

Megu