Hear Me Out

Pink thread of fate

 

Breakage 

Chapter VIII - Hear Me Out

 

Xiu Min's fist hesistated for awhile before she brought it down on the main door of Jong Dae's house. Still panting from her run, she pulled her ponytail tighter and arranged her attire.

"Hello, Xiu Min!" Mrs Kim smiled at her brightly. "Come on in!"

"Good evening." Xiu Min bowed politely at Mrs Kim and waved at Mr Kim who was sitting in the kitchen.

"Come here, child." Mrs Kim tugged her into the kitchen. She motioned for Xiu Min to take a seat as she poured a glass of orange juice for her. "Tell me, did anything happen between Jong Dae and you?"

Xiu Min squirmed in her seat. "There was a misunderstanding... And i want to talk to him about it." She gulped down the orange juice.

"Ahh.. I see. He is upstairs, in his room. The two of us will be going out for dinner. Make sure Jong Dae eats alright?" She smiled warmly, calming Xiu Min down. Mrs Kim ushered Xiu Min up to Jong Dae's room and mouthed "Good luck" before disappearing downstairs. Xiu Min stood rooted to the ground until she heard the jiggling of keys and the sound of the main door getting locked. She knocked lightly on Jong Dae's door.

"Jong Dae-ah."

No reply.

"Okay. Its fine if you don't want to look at me right now, but hear me out okay?" Xiu Min sighed a little as she leaned against Jong Dae's door and slid down to a sitting position.

"You see, i wasn't always the only child. In fact, i had a younger sister. She was a cheerful little thing, always bringing joy and laughter into the family. And i loved her. We all did. But life is unfair and God took her back to His side. She died at 5 because of her weak lungs. We all knew she wouldn't make it pass 10 years old and we tried to give her all we could. But when she passed away, it still came as a shock. Our little Xiu Min left the world." Xiu Min choked up. "My name isn't Xiu Min. My name is Min Seok. When Xiu Min passed away, my mother fell into depression and in order to cope with the loss, she took me as Xiu Min. She treated me like a 5 year old girl. I was 7 back then. And i knew that something was wrong with my mother." Pause. Min Seok leaned his head backwards and closed his eyes at the memory. Little does he know that Jong Dae was on the other side of the door, in the same position. 

"Whenever i tried to speak with my dad about it, he would smile sadly and tell me to play along. He would tell me to be the best daughter in the world just for my mother. I always wanted to protest but his sad smile made me comply. Since 7, i was no longer Min Seok but Xiu Min. My dad was rarely home, drowning his sorrows in work. My mother was always home, knitting clothes for the child that never lived. And all i could do to hold the pieces of my family together, was to act like Xiu Min.

"I wanted to just breeze through school. Get out of Seoul and live life as Kim Min Seok. Not Kim Xiu Min. But then you stepped into my life and ruined everything. But i'm glad you did. You opened my eyes and let me see the world. Today, is the last day of our promised month. And i want to thank you for being by my side this month. It was the most fun i've ever had. Thank you."

--

Jong Dae wiped the tears that escaped during Xiu Min(Min Seok)'s monologue with the sleeve of his shirt. He heard the click of the main door echo through the house. He sniffled. He was sad. He was angry and he didn't want to think about it. He went to bed.

--

The next day in school, Min Seok's usual friends accompanied him for classes. Except for Jong Dae. But he understood. When he stepped into the school, everyone started whispering and throwing dirty looks at him. He squirmed uncomfortably inside, but didn't show his emotions. In homeroom he sat beside Yi Xing. And he knew that Yi Xing heard the news already. He wrote Min Seok a note.

You okay?

Yeah. Jong Dae?

Not sure.

Check for me?

Sure.

Min Seok folded the note and slipped it into his pencil case. 

Classes came and went without event. Then came lunch. Min Seok didn't know where to sit. Does he sit with Jong Dae and the rest and act as if everything is fine? Or does he sit alone like before? Would Jong Dae sit at their usual table or would he sit with the power players again? Well, one way to find out.

He stepped into the cafeteria and suddenly everyones' eyes were on her. He ignored the pointed stares and noticed Baek Hyun waving him over to their usual table. Jong Dae and Yi Xing weren't there. They were back at their seats at the popular clique's table. Min Seok felt hot tears forming in his eyes. He locked his eyes on the floor as he made a beeline to the ladies' at the back of the cafeteria. He doesn't care if the whole school heard that he has a . He has been going to the ladies' for the past 9 years and he would continue to do so.

He gripped the sink, feminine knuckles turning white. Tears dropped onto the sink, leaving streaks of wet behind them. He teared silently. He only looked up when someone slammed into the toilet.

It was Luhan and Kai.

--

"Yah, Jong Dae. Aren't you gonna do something?" Yi Xing whispered into his ear. "Luhan and Kai just went in after Xiu!"

"Why should i?"

The boys in the clique went "Ooooooo." Hands under the table, sending out quick texts.

"You'd be the death of me." Yi Xing rolled his eyes and continued eating.

--

Kai held Min Seok up by his arms, revealing his midriff. Min Seok wasn't very tall and Kai towered over him by a good head. Kai's iron grip on Min Seok's wrist made Min Seok helpless. He tried to kick and trash at Luhan but Luhan would just slap him.

"Heard she has a . Wanna check it out?" Luhan cocked his eyebrow at Kai.

"You first."

Luhan laughed. "Always so polite."

He grabbed Min Seok's tears streaked face with his fingers and squished his cheeks. "Ya ya ya. How can you wear a skirt and still be so proud about it?"

He slid his hand under Min Seok's school skirt and roughly d Min Seok. Luhan slipped his thigh in between Min Seok's to keep them opened. He pinched Min Seok's inner thigh painfully and grinned when his pretty face scrunched up in pain. He laughed when he squeezed Min Seok's length for a moment and he let out a scream.

"Whats this? Padding?" Luhan reached up to Min Seok's chest. Min Seok panted from the exhaustion of trying to escape Kai's grip and Luhan's disgusting groping fingers.

"Ahh you like and skirts right? You must like up your right? Did Jong Dae give you what you wanted?"

Min Seok spat on Luhan's face defiantly. Luhan wiped the spit off his face and slapped Min Seok. He grabbed Min Seok's member and squeezed it, hard. He cried out in pain, face turning green.

The toilet door slammed opened and a familiar voice shouted, "KIM KAI. LET HER GO. NOW." Kyung Soo was angry. Her anger made Min Seok's hair stand on ends. It was almost tangible. Shocked, Kai loosened his grip on Min Seok and Min Seok punched Luhan in the balls with surprising strength. Luhan fell on the floor, writhing in pain. Min Seok ran out of the toilet, sobbing.

He ran out into the cafeteria, past the stares, past Jong Dae, Yi Xing, Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun and out into the corridor.

--

"God damn it." Jong Dae stood up and slammed the table before breaking into a sprint after Min Seok. Jong Dae slammed out of the cafeteria, into the corridor to see Min Seok still running down the hallway, crying.

"Kim Xiu Min!" Jong Dae shouted after the speeding figure. With a burst of speed, he caught Min Seok's arm and pulled him around.

Min Seok's face was red with exhaustion and streaked with tears.

"Xiu, calm down." Jong Dae grunted, trying to hold Min Seok in place.

"LET GO OF ME!" Min Seok cried, trying to push Jong Dae away but he only had energy to weakly push at Jong Dae's arm. 

With a powerful tug, Jong Dae pulled him into a bear hug. Min Seok tried and trashed around in Jong Dae's arms shouting, "LET ME GO. JUST LET ME GO ALREADY, YOU ."

"Kim Min Seok. I'll never let you go." And for a little while, only quiet sobbings bounced off the off-white walls.


 

Author's note: Okay wtf. I just spent 15 mins writing my A/N AND I ACCIDENTALLY PRESEED THE BACK BUTTON. IM SO ING DONE. Anyways, thank you for all the subscribes! *-* I really liked writing this fic and i hoped you enjoyed reading it. I actually have an epilogue in mind but im not sure if im gonna write it because. Why write it when no one is gonna read it, amiright? But if you're interested, LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS DOWN BELOW! 

 

And also, if XiuChen is your OTP, check out my other XiuChen fics! Bad Company and Sep

erate ways ;) Upvote this fic because Kim Min Seok has a .

 

 

Megu :)