The Encounter

Pink thread of fate

Breakage

Chapter I - The Encounter

 

"YAH! Stop it!" Jong Dae raised his voice as he peeled the bully off the boys.

"What? Are you gay too?"

"Just because they are gay doesn't mean you can bully them."

Kai tried to interrupt but Jong Dae rose his voice, loud enough for his voice to ring out in the corridor.

"At least they have the courage to confess. What about you? Don't you like that girl from Class C? She still doesn't know, right? Whats her name? Kyung Soo?"

The bronzed-skin boy blushed a deep red as he retreated and shouted for Jong Dae to shut up.

 

"Thanks. But we could have handled him on our own." The taller boy spoke up.

"Chan Yeol!!" The smaller boy elbowed him as he smiled up at Jong Dae and thanked him sincerely.

"Here." Jong Dae offered his hand to the smaller of the pair, pulling him up. "Be careful, alright?" 

 

Jong Dae was one of the popular, smart, good looking and somewhat "powerful" boys. He actively takes part in the school politics and is well liked amongst his peers. He sees everything. He kmows everything. Or at least he thought so. He dated here and there for fun or just to maintain his status in the school politics. He never actually cared. 

 

"Say, Jong Dae. You have been single for 2 years now. Don't tell me that you're gay?" The other boy, Luhan, laughed out loud. He was another power player in the school and he hates Jong Dae. Jong Dae smiled at the pretty face, refusing to show his hatred as he denied and said that he was straight and has a girlfriend.

"Oh. Really?" Luhan smirked as he cocked a brow up. "Who is she? Wanna show me her picture?"

"Why would i?" Jong Dae smiled sweetly, his eyes disappearing into crescents as he turned around and walked away. 

 

.

Jong Dae was in deep .

 

He mentally smacked himself as soon as the words left his mouth. WHY DIDN'T I JUST SAY THAT I'M SINGLE. . STUPID STUPID STUPID. He sighs as he thinks of how to tackle the situation. 

"Well, technically i could just date any of the fan girls. But I DON'T WANT TO." Jong Dae mumblings got louder and clearer as he walked past the auditorium. The moment he saw some one standing at the Auditorium door from the corner of his eyes, he stopped. 

ing hell, did i just embarass myself again?

He turned his head to look at the girl before him. She didn't seem to care for his presence and continued reading her book. Jong Dae sighed with relief as he hurried away.

--

"What an idiot." Xiu Min mumbled after the hurrying figure. She sighed and continued reading her book. "A good looking one too." 

--

 

Jong Dae was still mumbling incoherently to himself when someone called out. 

"Jong Dae-ah!" Yi Xing, one of the older boys in his clique was walking up to him. 

Jong Dae stopped mumbling immediately and smiled a blinding 5000 watt smile. "Yes?"

"Oh, i was wondering if you wanted to go back home together today. And are you alright? I thought i heard you talking to yourself."

"Oh sure. And i was just memorising some formula. Physics." Jong Dae tried to shrugging it off without making it too obvious. Thank the heavens Yi Xing didn't question anything. 

 

ing stupid. Why do i keep embarassing myself?!

 

On the way home with Yi Xing, Jong Dae barely said a thing. He was so deep in his own thoughts, he didn't realise that Yi Xing said that he wanted to go into the bookshop.

"Jong Dae-ah... YAH!" Yi Xing rose his voice a little as he smacked Jong Dae on the back.

"H-Huh? What?" Jong Dae asked irritated.

Yi Xing sighed. "I said, i want to make a detour to the bookshop."

"Sure." Jong Dae creased his eyebrows and continued to think of ways to get out of this .

 

When the two stepped into the bookshop, they heard squels from the side and noticed a few girls from their school. They waved at them frantically, fan girling. Jong Dae and Yi Xing naturally slipped into their A-lister attitude and flashed their teeth before slipping in between the bookshelves. Jong Dae sighed with relieve, and leaned against the shelves. 

"I won't be quick y'know. You can leave first if you want..." Yi Xing said, uncertain after looking at Jong Dae's exhausted face.

"Its fine. I wanted new books anyway. I'll be at the fiction section." Jong Dae shooed Yi Xing off to find his book.

 

Jong Dae slugged over to the fiction section, eyes downcast as he thought. He slummed against the shelves and stared at the colourful book covers. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a swish of a skirt. His head snapped up, irritated. Can't any of the girls leave him alone? Just as quickly as his anger spiked, it subsided. It was the girl from before. From the auditorium. He held his breath, hoping that the girl's face will show no signs of recognition of his embarassment just now. She looked up from under her bangs, making eye contact with Jong Dae. And smirked.

 

 

 


 

Author's note: Hello! I wrote this in class HAHA. WAIT FOR THE NEXT FEW CHAPTER OK..COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :)