Facade

Pink thread of fate

Breakage

Chapter VII - Facade

 

For the past few days, Jong Dae has been pestering Xiu Min to go on a date with him. But she has been rejecting him and trying to avoid him. That day, Jong Dae tried again, this time after drama class.

"Xiu! Lets go out this weekend."

"No. I'm busy."

"With what?"

Panicking, Xiu Min grabbed Kyung Soo's hand and said, "I'm going out with Soo this weekend." Xiu squeezed Kyung Soo's hand, begging her to play along.

"Yeah. We're going shopping."

Sighing with relieve inwardly, Xiu Min smiled. "Sorry, Jong Dae."

Jong Dae pouted. "Next time then. Are you heading home now?"

"Nope. Xiu is going to my place today." Kyung Soo interrupted before Xiu Min could say anything.

"You want me to pick you up from Kyung Soo's place?" 

"No, i'll be fine! Stop worrying, idiot."

Xiu Min playfully punched Jong Dae's arm. "See you on monday."

Jong Dae mumbled his farewells and left, dejected.

 

"Y'know, Xiu, I wasn't kidding about you going to my house today."

"Wha?" 

"C'mon. We need to talk." Kyung Soo walked on ahead and when she noticed Xiu Min didn't follow, she grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

 

Xiu Min knew that Kyung Soo was rich. But she didn't know THIS rich. She had a personal chauffer and maid, the estate was so big and trees surrounded it. Not houses. In front of the house there was a ridiculously huge fountain, with dolphins spewing out water. The sedan they were on pulled up in front of the house and a butler hurried to open the door.

"Good Afternoon, young miss and friend."

"Good afternoon." Kyung Soo stepped out of the car elegantly followed by a clumsy Xiu Min. She would have fell face flat onto the asphalt if not for the butler who caught her by the arm.

"Thanks." She mumbled sheepishly.

Xiu Min caught up with Kyung Soo who has just stepped into the house. A maid rushed forward to take Kyung Soo's bag but Kyung Soo waved her off. 

"Please prepare lunch for 2 and bring it up to my room." The maid nodded and disappeared into one of the many doors.

"Wow." Xiu Min breathed. She looked up and took in all the details. The chandeliars, the elaborate wood carvings, the stained glass on the windows. Xiu Min felt like she has just stepped into the victorian era. "Tell me your dad has a moustache and an eyeglass." Xiu Min said, deadpanned.

Kyung Soo rolled her eyes and made her way up the stairs in the middle of the foyer. "Woah careful." Kyung Soo put her hand under Xiu Min's chin.

"What?"

"Your eyes were about to fall out."

Xiu Min rolled her eyes and placed her chin on Kyung Soo's palm. Kyung Soo squished Xiu Min's cheeks and they broke out in a laugh.

 

So this was what Jong Dae meant when he said a girly room. Because Kyung Soo's room was girly. At least the front part. It was white and pink and on the wall it said 'Princess'. The carpet was fluffy, the bed covers were pink, books were neatly arranged on shelves. Xiu Min suddenly felt ashamed of letting Jong Dae see her room.

"This way." Kyung Soo disappeared behind a white curtain and Xiu Min followed. It led to a narrow set of stairs. When Xiu Min reached the top of the stairs, she knew that this was Kyung Soo's room. Grey walls, black carpet, grey covers, white table. Everything in monochrome.

"Nice. I knew pink wasn't you."

"You know me so well."

"So, where do you keep the dead bodies."

Kyung Soo laughed. "Make yourself at home." She went into a room, which Xiu Min assumed was a closet. Xiu Min followed.

"Your closet is as big as my room." Xiu Min joked.

Kyung Soo laughed. "Get out. I want to change." She shooed Xiu Min out. Really taking Kyung Soo's comment of making herself at home, Xiu Min lied down on the floor and started making 'snow angels'.

"What the ."

"." Xiu Min facepalmed herself. Both girls laughed. They had a weird friendship. One that seemed distant yet close. They laughed and joked a lot but Xiu Min barely knew anything about Kyung Soo. She knew the general stuff that everyone knows. But she didn't know what this girl did in her free time. Does she knit? Or does she go around killing people. The latter sounded really like Kyung Soo though. They went back down into the pink frilly room, to Xiu Min's dismay. Their lunch was already set up on the table. 

The first part of their lunch was silent except for the clinking of cutlery. But silences with Kyung Soo were never awkward. Finally, halfway through their lunch, Kyung Soo spoke up.

"So, when are you going to tell him?"

"What?"

"Jong Dae. When are you going to tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

Kyung Soo rolled her eyes and gestured to Xiu Min's entire body with her chopsticks.

"You know what i'm talking about. What you really are."

Xiu Min didn't reply. A blush crept up her pale skin. Kyung Soo decided to save her friend the awkwardness of answering so she switched topics.

"I know this is a very girly topic to talk about but. What do you think of Kai?"

Xiu Min looked up from her food and wiggled her eyebrows at her. "So whats up?"

Kyung Soo snorted. "Not your ."

Xiu Min nudged Kyung Soo with her leg, "Spill it."

"Welllllllllllll. We may... Ormaynotbedating."

Xiu Min laughed and clapped her hands excitedly. "Yah! It took you long enough!"

"What do you mean?"

"That boy has been smittened with you since forever."

This time, it was Kyung Soo's turn to blush. "Shut up." She kicked Xiu Min from under the table. 

"So hows Kai?" Xiu Min wiggled her eyebrows again.

--

Xiu Min got out of the car carefully. She bowed and waved to Kyung Soo's chauffer until the car turned out of the street. The smile disappeared from her face as she turned to face her house. She sighed. As she approached the house, she frowned, trying to remember if she left her window open this morning. 

She unlocked the main door and stepped into the house, removing her shoes at the same time.

"I'm home!" She opened the door to her room and let out a short yelp before someone's hand covered .

"Shh..."

"MMMMMMMMM!!" Xiu Min screamed into the man's palm, trashing in his tight grip.

"Yah! Keep quiet! Its me! Jong Dae." 

When Xiu Min stopped trashing around and screaming, Jong Dae let go of her. She rubbed her arms at the part where he gripped her.

"What the f-"

"Xiu Min-ah! Are you alright?" Footsteps approached the bedroom. Xiu Min pushed Jong Dae to the gap between her bed and the wall and shoved him in there.

The door clicked opened. The tinkling music entered the room. Jong Dae's hair stood on its ends.

"Hi mother."

"I thought i heard you scream."

"Oh, no. I accidentally stubbed my toe on the foor of the closet."

Mrs Kim oblivious to Xiu Min's lie, continued, "Alright. Be careful next time." Pause. "Its been awhile since you played with the dolls. Why don't you play with me now? They feel lonely you know."

"Now? How about later mother? I'm busy right now."

"Aren't you always. Make sure you come out and play with them alright. You've been neglecting them. Your sister is angry at you already." She clucked her tongue and left the room. Xiu Min closed the door and locked it before leaning on it and sighing loudly with relieve.

"What was that about?" Jong Dae stood up from his hiding place.

"Don't ask."

"Xiu, tell me."

"I said, no." 

Jong Dae stalked towards her, cornering her.

"Xiu, I asked, what the was that about? Dolls? Sister? Aren't you the only child?"

He put his arms on both sides of her body, boxing her in. "Xiu, whats goin-" 

He was cut off with her lush lips. Her warm, soft lips pressed against his, made him lose his mind. He sighed into her lips as they parted to give Jong Dae's tongue access to the warm haven. Their tongue slid over one and other playfully, darting around. Xiu Min brought up her arms to wrap around Jong Dae's neck. Her slender fingers teased the soft skin at the back of his neck. His arms were brought down to circle her waist and held her closer. They broke their kiss to come up for air. Both sharing a breath, they rested their foreheads against each other, eyes closed. Jong Dae leaned in to brush his lips against hers. Once. Twice. On the third time, Xiu Min pressed her lips against his and nibbled gently on his lower lip. She moved her lips away from his and littered warm kisses down his jawline and onto his neck. She let her teeth scrape the soft skin there gently. He moaned into her hair as his hold on her tightened slightly. His moan made her knees go weak. She nudged Jong Dae towards the bed. He complied. He straddled her as they sat on the bed. An innocent kiss gone wrong. 

She grabbed at his hair, forcing his lips to hers as their soft, playful, innocent kiss turned wild, hot and passionate. Their soft sighs and moans bouncing off the book-filled walls. Until Jong Dae felt something twitching at his abdomen.

"Xiu..."

She blushed. And tried to force Jong Dae to look at her. But his eyes stayed locked at that position.

"Y-Y-You! How could you? Xiu Min?!" He stared at the bulge in the front of her skirt as he stood up and backed away to the window.

"Wait! Jong Dae! I can explain!"

He shook his head wildly and jumped out of the window and ran down the street. Away from Xiu Min.

Hands shaking, tears dripping, Xiu Min dialled for Kyung Soo. When the line got connected, Xiu Min just blurted out "Soo! He knows! Jong Dae knows. He knows that i'm not a girl!" She burst out, sobbing.

Faintly, on the other side of the line, there was a struggle and Kyung Soo shouted, "Give me the phone, Kai."

Xiu Min eyes widened as she understood what she had just done. She basically just told the entire school that she was a dude.

The line got cut off.

Xiu Min dropped her phone on the the floor as she sunk to her knees. Bawling her eyes out. She just ruined her life. Her life just broke into a thousand pieces.

Her phone rang. She answered it.

"Xiu Min. Go find him and talk to him now. GO!" Kyung Soo's command through the phone made Xiu Min's legs move. She slammed out of the house and ran in the direction of Jong Dae's house.


 

Author's note: Ayyyyy. I ended the chapter with a good note (evil laughs). DID U EXPECT THAT?! DID U?! MWAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHA. TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA PLOT TWIST YOUR . Ahhhhh XiuChen brings me life. This fic is really fun to write BUT SADLY ITS GONNA END IN A CHAPTER. AND I MIGHT WRITE AN EPILOGUE. But yeah, i hoped you enjoyed reading this fic. heheh. I realised that Kaisoo is in almost all my fics. Like they are in 5 fics out of 6 i've wrote (i'm still writing 3). Kai is a in this fic tho. Anyways if your OTP is XiuChen, check outmy other XiuChen fics! Seperate Ways and Bad Company. Anyways, upvote this fic because XIU MIN IS A DUDE. Subscribe to keep updated :D AND COMMENT BECAUSE KYUNG SOO IS A GIRL. MWAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHHHH.

Megu c: