Girlfriend

Pink thread of fate

Breakage.

Chapter III - Girlfriend

 

"Text me after school alright?" Jong Dae reminded Xiu Min once more before stepping into the classroom. Lunch was long over and the two of them were late. 

"Why are the two of you late?" , it was Mr Wang and he hates tardiness.

"Sorry Mr Wang..." Jong Dae instinctively shielded Xiu Min with his body.

"Why are you late?" His voice growing impatient.

"I dirtied my uniform just now and Jong Dae loaned me his gym attire." Xiu Min stepped to the side to face Mr Wang head on, eyes defiant.

"Detention for the both of you later. See me after school."

Jong Dae groaned and shuffled back to his seat.

 

"Good job Mr #1 boyfriend." Yi Xing snickered when Jong Dae plonked into his seat.

"Don't make me hit you." 

 

--

 

Jong Dae stood outside the drama classroom, waiting for his 'girlfriend' classes to end. He felt bad for what he had done to Xiu Min. Dragging her into the mess he created himself. Now that the whole school thinks that they are dating, Jong Dae has to walk Xiu Min to all her classes or else some fangirls would probably kill her. He knows that the bullying continues in class when he isn't there even though she doesn't say a word about it. It was evident from the eraser dust and pencil shavings in her hair. Sometimes, she would even get a bruise or two on her arm. As if someone pinched her.

Jong Dae sighed heavily, ignoring the whispering around him. At times like these, Jong Dae really wished that he was just a normal student like Xiu Min. He envied her. But now, she has been dragged into the centre of attention with him and Jong Dae never wished so hard for someone to kill him right there and then.

 

The door slammed opened and the drama students started filing out. Most snickering when they see Jong Dae. He waited. No Xiu Min. He stuck his head in to see Xiu Min still seated in her seat, dazed. She was covered in pencil shavings yet again and her bag and books were all over the floor. Jong Dae stepped into the classroom, greeting the teacher then hurried over to her side. The teacher, Miss Park, threw worried glances in their direction as she packed up for the day.

"Xiu Min!" Jong Dae rushed to her side, dusting the pencil shavings off her hair. "C'mon. Stand up." Xiu Min did as she was told without protest. Jong Dae dusted the shavings off her hair and shoulders then proceeded to pick up her bag and books. He grabbed her wrist for the nth time that day and a little too hard. He guided her out of the classroom and whispered so that Miss Park wouldn't hear. "We'll skip detention today okay? You need to go home and rest."

"Home? No. I don't want to go home." Xiu Min tugged her wrist from Jong Dae's grip as she massaged the red mark Jong Dae left on her by accident.

"You have to. You're in a really bad state right now."

"No." She leaned against the wall just now. Her position strangely similar to Jong Dae's previously.

Jong Dae didn't want to deal with a crying Xiu Min again so he went for a gentle approach.

"Then where do you want to go then?"

"Anywhere but home at the moment."

"Detention?"

"Really? Do i really look like i want detention right now?"

Jong Dae puffed up his cheeks cutely. "I don't know what you want unless you tell me."

"Hot chocolate."

"What."

"I want hot chocolate."

"You can't go to a cafe looking like this."

"I still want hot chocolate."

"Actually... I know just the right place." Jong Dae's eyes sparkled. "Might be a lil awkward though."

"Where?" Xiu Min tilted her head in confusion.

"My place."

"What."

Jong Dae flashed his teeth and tugged Xiu Min's wrists again, guiding her out of the school.

--

Xiu Min sat in Jong Dae's kitchen awkwardly. Her body tensed, eyes glued to the pristine white table. Mrs Kim was really nice and warm. When she saw Xiu Min's state, she immediately ordered her into the bathroom and literally threw a set of clothes at her. Apparently, the clothes were Jong Dae's. She was a very motherly mother. Jong Dae carefully set a cup of hot chocolate in front of Xiu Min and smiled, "My mum makes the best hot chocolate."

"Oh, you. Flattering me like this." Mrs Kim and Jong Dae were obviously very close. The way they conversed was funny. It was everything Xiu Min wanted. A functional family.

"So," Mrs Kim started, "Are you two together?"

"What?! NO." Both of the denied violently, synchronised. Mrs Kim had to laugh at that.

"Mmhmmm... Tell me more." Mrs Kim arched her perfect eyebrows and smirked at Jong Dae. "Ya ya ya. My little Jong Dae is all grown up now."

"MUM!"

"Don't be shy. Mum approves."

"Oh my GOD. We aren't together! We are just PRETENDING to be together because i did... something... And Xiu Min got dragged into... it." 

Mrs Kim mouth opened in a shape of an O. "Since you guys are already acting like a couple, you might as well TRY. Am i right? Remember to use a ." Mrs Kim winked at Xiu Min before leaving the kitchen.

 

"Wow. Your mum is cool." Xiu Min's eyes filled with wonder. There she was, sitting in Jong Dae's clothes, sipping from Jong Dae's mug, amazed with Jong Dae' mom.

Jong Dae groaned into his palms as he rubbed his face. "Well, that went well. She'll never stop talking about this again. Its my first time bringing a girl home. Ahhhhhh, ."

"Sorry. It should have been your girlfriend."

"But you ARE my girlfriend."

"What."

"You have to be the part if you wanna look and act like my girlfriend." Jong Dae shrugged, "might as well give it a shot."

"Excuse me, Mr Kim. Are you trying to pick me up?"

"Maybe." Flash of teeth.

"Don't do it so half-assedly." Xiu Min mumbled into the mug.

"Alright. Kim Xiu Min. Are you free tomorrow night?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Yes."

Xiu Min smirked. "Maybe."

"YAH! KIM XIU MIN!"

--

Half an hour later, Xiu Min found herself sitting on Jong Dae's grey carpet, listening to one side of the conversation he was having with Yi Xing on the phone.

"How about Drama?" Jong Dae looked at the list he had in his hands. It was all of Xiu Min's classes and they were formulating a plan so that Xiu Min would not get bullied in class. In homeroom, math and physics, Xiu Min has Jong Dae. In literature and biology, she has Yi Xing. In Mandarin, English and Social Science, she has Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun. But there was a problem. They didn't know anyone in Drama class that would be able to stop the bullying.

Yi Xing sighed audibly on the other side of the phone. "I mean, i know people in there. No problem. We can get them to help. But the thing is, both Luhan and Kai are in that class. If they tell them to off, they will."

"This is giving me a headache." Jong Dae groaned.

"Hey, its just one class. I think i can handle myself." Xiu Min spoke up. The two boys were trying so hard to work things out and Xiu Min felt bad. Sure, it was Jong Dae's fault that she is in this but at least they were trying to make it up tp her.

"Yes." Jong Dae's head snapped back up. "Yes that is perfect." It was obviously not directed to Xiu Min. "Oh my . Yi Xing that is perfect. With her around, Kai wouldn't dare to do anything and he wouldn't let Luhan do anything to them either. Oh my ."

"Uhmm..." Xiu Min wanted to say something but Jong Dae's attention was on the phone. "Jong Dae-ah."

"Wait. Hold on." Jong Dae spoke into the phone. "Xiu, what club are you in?"

"Art club. But Jong Dae, lis-" Jong Dae cut her off.

"She is in art club. Perfect. Oh my god. I could kiss you right now."

Yi Xing hung up immediately.

 

"Jong Dae. Listen."

"Nonono. Xiu, we've got the perfect plan."

"Oh my ing hell." Xiu Min burst. It was the 18390th time she was getting interrupted that day. "I know you feel that its your fault for dragging me into this and you want to make sure that i will be fine in class. BUT GOD DAMN IT. I'M NOT A G-" Xiu Min stopped mid sentence, eyes wide open. She cleared her throatand started, "I mean, I can take care of myself, Jong Dae."

"But i hate seeing others getting bullied..." Jong Dae pouted. "And we've got the perfect plan."

Xiu Min has discovered her new weakness. Jong Dae's puppy eyes and pout. That boy could have the entire world on their knees in a split second with his pout.

Xiu Min sighed. "Tell me about it."

Jong Dae brightened up visibly. "Alright. Heres the plan. First, for homeroom, math and physics, you'll sit with me and the others won't dare to do . For Lit and bio, you have Yi Xing. For your languages and social science class, you have Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun. They are nice and Chan Yeol won't let happen to you. For Drama and club activities, we have someone in mind. We aren't sure if she would agree but if she does, Kai wouldn't dare to let her get bullied."

"And who is that?" Xiu Min cocked her head to the side, curious.

"Do Kyung Soo."

--

The next day, before class started, Yi Xing and Jong Dae managed to corner the small, pale, neat looking, girl, Do Kyung Soo.

"Y-Yes?" A slight blush was already creeping up her face, being this close to two extremely good looking boys.

"Hi. I'm Yi Xing and this is Jong Dae."

"And we need your help." Jong Dae continued.

"Uhmm..." She slowly backed against the wall, trying to step away from the boys.

"No. It isn't like this." Jong Dae groaned.

Yi Xing laughed. "We were wondering if you would mind sitting with Xiu Min during drama class and art club."

A huge question mark appeared on Kyung Soo's face.

"Please?" Jong Dae pulled his puppy eyes move. 

"Sure... Would you mind telling me why?"

"Because, if you were beside her, no one would dare to bully her."

"Why?" The question mark was slowly growing bigger and bigger.

"Can't tell you. But, will you help us?"

"Of course." A small crease formed between her brows.

"Thank you." Yi Xing clasped her small hands between his and flashed a smile. A locker slammed further down the corridor.


 

 

Author's note: istg. someone tell me to get off AFF and start studying. ;-; I wrote this in between studying physics and chemistry so it might be a lil messy. And i subconsiously made Xiu Min's character really like me. Omfg. HAHA. And Jong Dae's mum kinda feels like mine. Little snipets of my life. HAHA. And the subjects that Xiu Min is taking, are the subjects i'm taking HAHA. Omg. Anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next one wouldn't take too long. I'm on a roll. Someone pray for my soul. Anyways let me knos if the chapter was crappy down in the comments! Subscribe and comment! <3 (btw the slamming of the locker is done by kai. huehuehuehue)

Megu :-)