AN. Epilogue.

Silence's Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark wiped the paint off his hands as he stared at his new masterpiece. It was the image of Suzy wearing the white dress she wore on the last night he’d seen her but instead of blood, he drew flowers around her and he kept her face and her body untouched in the painting. He looked around him and saw that his art room was just filled with images of Suzy. He couldn’t help it. He draws and paints her whenever he misses her and years’ worth of missing had already made him draw every perspective of her face and every imaginary scenario with her he could think of.

“Would you ever come to life?” he asked but his question was answered with silence.

The ringing of his phone suddenly snapped him out of his daze.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Don’t forget about tonight. You’re going to be needed in our booth.”

“Oh,” he gasped before glancing at his wrist watch. It seems that he had lost track of time because he was too immersed in his own world of art a while ago. He sighed before saying, “I almost forgot. Thank you for reminding.”

“You better hurry up because your fans are looking for you.”

Mark chuckled upon hearing his persistent colleague but then he answered, “Yes, I understand, hyung.”

He looked back at the room once more and stared at the thousands of images of Suzy. There was another sad smile in his lips before he turned off the lights and left.

“What is the paper for?” Mark asked.

“Don’t you know?” one of his other colleagues, Mr. Kim, asked him back. “You write a wish and tie it at the end of the lantern before making it fly to the sky. It’s like sending a wish to heaven.”

Mark beamed at the thought but then his daze was quickly ended when another female has lined up in front of him, asking for one of the designed lanterns that their department have made for the festival. He greeted the customers with a smile as he assisted them on their orders. As the lighting of the lanterns was coming closer, the customers also started decreasing. Mark knew that the people were now gathering in the open field, excited to let their lanterns fly in the sky.

“Have you ever been in a lantern festival before?” Mr. Shin asked him.

 “Aniyo,” Mark shook his head.

Have you ever been in a lantern festival before? Suzy’s voice echoed in Mark’s head.

You said you’d watch it with me, Mark sadly smiled at the thought.

Have you broken your promises with me? Or are you waiting for the right time to grant them all?

I need to find you and I’ll make you remember all the promises you made with me.

He huffed but as his gaze travelled towards the front, his eyes caught a familiar figure. He squinted, trying to deduce if the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter