Disclosed

Silence's Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Suzy?” Jaebum asked again, as the other line suddenly became quiet. “Suzy? Suzy, are you alright? Suzy!”

He gripped his phone tight and looked at the screen in disbelief as the call was abruptly ended.

It can’t be.

“Jae, it’s a success!” Jackson suddenly appeared, grabbing his shoulders in delight. “Mark was able to properly give a written statement—“

But as Jackson noticed how Jaebum confusedly stared at nowhere, his voice died down. Jackson worriedly tapped Jaebum’s cheeks, breaking the male from his trance.

“Jaebum, what’s the matter?” Jackson whispered.

“Jackson, where’s Mark?” he asked back, but then, his question was already answered when Mark appeared from the door behind Jackson. He stared at the male, and Jackson had to shout at him again as Jaebum was starting to get lost in another daze.

“Jaebum!”

Jaebum blinked numerous times before saying, “We have to go back. Now.”

But even if Jaebum had already broken the traffic rules and has tried his best in speeding their way back to the safe house, the sight of the guards lying on the ground lifeless had already told them that a horror had happened at the place. Jaebum reached towards one of the guards and checked his pulse but found nothing. Jackson on the other hand immediately dialled the hospital’s and the police department’s numbers despite the shaking of his hands.

“Suzy,” Jaebum whispered repeatedly first before yelling his sister’s name again, “Suzy!”

Jackson was about to follow Jaebum as he went inside the house but then, he muttered a curse beneath his breath when he saw that Mark had also seen the bloody sight.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay inside the car?” Jackson scolded him, but then when he saw how Mark suddenly covered his ears and crouched down with difficulties of breathing, Jackson started panicking. As he desperately searched for a paper bag inside the car for Mark, he cried, “Please. Don’t do this. I’m not a doctor.”

Jaebum on the other hand, started frantically searching for his twin. His heart raced as every empty space had met his gaze. He opened every room yelling Suzy’s name over and over again, but as his cries was met with silence, worry and horror was starting to eat Jaebum whole.

“Suzy, where are you?! Suzy!” he shouted for the nth time.

Tears were beginning to form in his eyes as he found no sight of his sister. Panting, his last stop was the kitchen and as he saw the broken glass on the floor, Jaebum slumped down in deep dejection. The sirens of the ambulances and the police’s car echoed. Jackson was also calling his name numerous times, but Jaebum could hear nothing as his dull eyes just stared into space. Everything for him seemed to be spinning.

“Jaebum!” Jackson shook his shoulders in order to bring him back to consciousness.

Jaebum finally meets his gaze and the male gripped his shirt, with tears threatening to fall at the corner of his eyes as he said, “I-I… I couldn’t protect her. S-Suzy’s gone. Suzy…”

“Did you see her corpse?”

When the question slipped out of Jackson’s mouth, Jaebum clenched his fists and as the anger built up, he released it through punching Jackson.

“What I’m saying is there’s no corpse so she’s not dead yet!” Jackson yelled. He grabbed Jaebum’s shoulders once more as he said intently, “Your sister is alive, somewhere out there. We just need to find her. We would find her.”

Jackson watched as Jaebum’s eyes started to be filled with hope and life once more, as if everything was falling back into pieces again. The latter sighed as he had gathered himself once more. He nodded, “Yes. You’re right.”

Jackson then suddenly punched him and then he stared intently into the male’s eyes as he said with emphasis, “That punch was a reply for the one you gave and that’s a reminder for you not to just black out like that. We already have one patient there and I don’t want to deal with another one so you need to pull yourself together. If you want to find Suzy, then stay focused.”

Jaebum slowly nodded again as his eyes fired both with determination and anger.

Waking from her sudden sleep, Suzy tried to deduce her blurry surroundings. As she was starting to begin conscious of her environment, she realized the feeling of something wet beneath her feet. Feeling the coldness, she tried removing her feet from the water, but then she realized her legs were chained. She tried to move her hands but the cold metallic cuffs that tied her to her seat just clanked.

“Morning, princess.”

The voice coupled by the sound of footsteps made her turn to her side. She bit her lip as she tried hard to hide how her heart beat galloped in fear of seeing Brian. The male just smiled at her as he stood in front of her chair. He leaned in to capture her lips, but Suzy turned to another side, avoiding his kiss.

Brian then let out a smirk as he said, “You’re locked in this room with me. You’re chained too. There’s no way you could escape or avoid me, my dear Suzy.”

But the girl didn’t listen. She was not interested in knowing the obvious and instead, she roamed her eyes around the room and asked, “Where have you brought me?”

He chuckled before walking in the middle of the room. He proudly spread his arms as he said, “In my place of course.”

He then walked towards the wall and his fingers grazed upon the cushion-like cover it had before adding, “I made the room sound proof too, just for you… and oh!”

Brian then ran towards the bed and plopped himself on it, the thick mattress making him bounce. He chuckled yet again and said, “The bed’s big enough too, for the two of us and all the fun I’m planning to do to you.”

Suzy cringed at his words and she tried to slowly breathe to help calm herself so that she would have the strength to ask, “What do you want with me?”

“Let’s see…” Brian let the last word linger as he walked towards the fridge. He got a can of beer first before glancing back at her and replying, “I haven’t made a list yet, but I assure you that your body would be the number one.”

He then sighed as he opened the can. He sipped a little before continuing, “On second thought, I should actually thank you because you’d be helping me save money by not renting es anymore.”

He paused and chuckled first before he added, “This is such a convenience. I get to have my own personal .”

“What…” Suzy bit her lip hard to prevent herself from crying. She didn’t want to seem weak no matter how helpless her situation was. She took a deep breath before continuing, “What have I done to you for me deserve this?”

“You’re stealing away my twin from me,” Brian said as his eyes suddenly turned dark.

“What?” Suzy asked; her eyes furrowed in disbelief.

“I wanted him to have no one so that it could be the two of us again, but then you came. He was beginning to lose it all- his sanity included and I was planning to be the one to make him whole again, but then no, you intruded,” Brian glared at her. “The affection and the love he’s giving you make me sick. He should value no one other than me. It should only and always be Brian and Mark.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter