Epilogue 에필로그

Men Are All Like That 남자가 다 그렇지 뭐

I was first brought to the orphanage when I was five. I didn’t have any place to go after my parents’ death, they said that they would sell me to the gisaeng’s house; however I managed to escape and went to that orphanage where I met them, the Lee brothers, Hyun Woo and Jong Suk.

Both of them became my close friends, friends who would be by my side whenever I got bullied by other children. Only then, I was found by those people who were about to sell me to the gisaeng’s house. And so, I left the orphanage, leaving both of them, I know the one who would hurt the most was Jong Suk, because he was abandoned by his mother since he was a toddler, I had made a promise that I would never leave either him or Hyun Woo, but who would ever think that those people came back for me, I mean, the money?

In a brief, I spent my life in the gisaeng’s house until my sixteenth birthday where the head of the gisaeng’s house found out my singing talent so I ended up in Star Club where my career as a singer began...

Also, years after that, I was found by Hyun Woo. He was the one who realized that I am Se Yeon, the Se Yeon that was taken away from the orphanage. We met when he was chased by the Japanese polices, at that time, I was waiting for the carriage, he unintentionally bumped on me.

Then about the engagement between Hyun Woo and me, it was all lies. It was true that he wrote letters to me but that was because that there were some Japanese gentlemen that treated me as if I was a e, Hyun Woo acted as my fiancé and wrote letters with words like ‘I love you’ or ‘I miss you’, it was all because of my boss that seemed to have a crush on me. To prevent all the ‘unwanted’ things so I asked Hyun Woo for help.

Because of our long-time friendship, Hyun Woo intended to take me to his headquarters, to join the rebellion band, he wanted me to be safe and not risking my life back in the Club, where all those men and Japanese police watching me day and night. I agreed, because I had tired with all of the fame I had.

Se Yeon, there is someone, I would like you to meet.” Hyun Woo told me as we were walking though I knew that it would be something risk.

At first I really curious, I thought I would probably die because of curiosity. Questions like ‘Who is it?’ blew my mind away. “Do you remember, Jong Suk?

Of course I remember, the little boy that always treated me well aside from Hyun Woo. “Is he with the rebellion band?

He nodded.

Hyun Woo didn’t know how much I was burst in happiness, after all these years, how is he? How he looked like? Thoughts like that made me more and more curious about him.

When I brought you out from there, you two will meet as soon as possible.

That was the other reason apart from my tiredness from the singing career. It was Jong Suk. However, things didn’t turn out as what I hoped it would be. That was the last time I saw Hyun Woo, because after that he was caught by someone called Fujiwara Hokke, the same person who put their rebellion Chief into sentence of death five years ago.

It was my fault. That was what I thought but it actually wasn’t.

I am sorry, Se Yeon. I was the one who reported him.” Maria confessed to me after seeing me in agony after Hyun Woo’s death.

I was mad, angry and sad. I didn’t know how to describe my feelings back then. I hoped that I could angry and mad at her but I couldn’t. There was Seonmul, he was still four years old and Maria did that because of Kenji. She could get that. She forgave her, however rumors spread that I was the one who reported Hyun Woo, I took all the blame as long as those two could be together for the sake of Seonmul.

Then, I met him.

The person that reminded me of Hyun Woo, he helped me because of the Japanese police who knew me as the singer in Star Club, at first, and I had that weird feeling that I might have known him or something like we might meet again. Then, our second meeting was when he disguised as Japanese police and he asked my name, I found him looked funny in that uniform so I couldn’t hold myself for not smiling. Afterwards, I knew him; he is Jong Suk, the Lee Jong Suk I knew.

I was burst in happiness, I finally met him and fell in love with him, but at the same time, I was afraid that I might hurt him again, that I might made him suffered more than anything that he had been through.

For the first time, I was afraid.

The moment that I have awaited finally came. Jong Suk knew that I was Hyun Woo’s fiancee but I didn’t have the courage to say that we are fake, the moment that I said to him the truth about who was the real person that reported him, he had that disbelief expression on his face, which made me more and more scared.

He let me escape... He still has feelings for me... But he didn’t look me in the eye. I knew he was lying.

When I saw him in danger, how could I leave him alone?

How could I abandon him when he was about to die right in front of my eyes?

But I was wrong...

He still was shot by that Fujiwara Hokke. I approached him and his last words to me was, “I love you, and I forever will love you, Jin Se Yeon.

I was filled with sadness; I didn’t want to be separated with him again, after the meetings that heavens have destined for us. I snatched the gun from Jong Suk’s friend and pulled the trigger without hesitation to Fujiwara Hokke’s direction, I might have missed but at least, I made him wounded.

Then Kenji came. He told me that we could escape to China where the Japanese could never catch us and there will be no rebellion band. I agreed and Woo Bin, Jong Suk’s friend chose to stay, he let us leave to China. And I hoped that it wasn’t late to save Jong Suk’s life.

One year passed...

Jong Suk was healthy as a horse, although he needed to walk with the help of walking stick because the wound on his stomach. We both live a happy life in China far from all those dangerous incidents, far from those Japanese.

I saw Jong Suk was smiling at me as I was brought down the clothesline’s clothes. I smiled back at him.

For this pass few months, we had lived a happy and joyful life. I had told him everything that he wanted to know but he only answered, “The past is the past but now, I have you and I never regretted that I had known you before and loved you before you love me.

Our ordinary life has just begun...

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.

-Oscar Wilde

 

~The End~


The story ended sooner that I had planned, it was supposed to be 10 chapters, but I think all readers would have been tired and it is almost the competition’s deadline.

Thank you for all readers that have been supporting ‘Men Are All Like That’!

I will be posting a new fanfic that revolves between Lee Jong Suk and Jin Se Yeon again but forget all the serious tension around ‘Men Are All Like That’, this time it will be a comedy and romantic love story that will loosen up all the serious tension. However, I think I will start writing again around December.

Yeah, I know, it still long because I don’t think I had time to write again...

Overall, thank you for the subscribers and the viewers!

I really appreciate your patient on my writing on this whole week but ‘Men Are All Like That’ has come to an end and Lee Jong Suk with Jin Se Yeon’s love story will be soon continued in ‘I Love You, Ms. Pear’.

Hope you all enjoy!

Best wishes,

GaEul22 (Nathasia)