It Must Be Fate 이것은 운명해야

Men Are All Like That 남자가 다 그렇지 뭐

Jong Suk and his mates turned from burglars into Japanese polices, thanks to Woo Bin's ability to steal some uniforms by polishing off those two Japanese police officers, besides they were unconscious and were sleeping like pigs on the ground, they were left on the ground. Jong Suk and Woo Bin sneaked into MyeongRu Police Station while the other was dropped on the other police stations. Luckily no one noticed them although their faces were all around the place (there were wanted posters sticking on the police station's bulletin board."

"Hey, you looked handsome here." Woo Bin teased Jong Suk by making fun of his picture when they passed by the bulletin board. As he laughed, he dug into his ribs with his elbow. Jong Suk stared fiercely at him and Woo Bin rose up both of his hands as if he was surrendering to a real Japanese police.

They swiftly went into where the weapons were kept because days before they had stolen the MyeongRu Police Station blueprint. The warehouse was enormously filled with piles of wooden boxes, as what they had thought, those wooden boxes were filled with weapons. They brought out the bags that they had slipped into their uniforms. It was when they were busy moving the weapons into the bag, two Japanese polices came in, in a blink of an eye; Jong Suk knew one of them was the one who he had hit earlier in the afternoon. Both of them quickly cleaned all the mess that they had made.

One of those Japanese saw them and said, "Hey, you two identify yourselves!"

Woo Bin turned and faced them; he acted as if he was one of them, "I, Ashina Daisuke, gives respect to seniors!"

"Ashina Daisuke? I have never heard you before... are you...?” His friend cut him before he could finish, he said, "Maybe, they are the newbies, Chief Satsuma said that today there will be new polices arrived."

"Of course, how could I forget?" He told his friend but his face shown signs of distrust to them, "Your partner there, identify yourself."

Jong Suk lied like Woo Bin. "I, Hayashi Jiro, give respect to seniors."

"I think I know him, he looked familiar."

He knew he would be recognized by those police officers. He said to Woo Bin in a low voice which only Woo Bin could hear him, "He know my face, I think we should come up with the emergency plan."

"Are you insane?" Woo Bin replied in a low voice, "how could you become so sloppy? God, alright then, on the count of three we run."

"One. Two. Run!" Jong Suk yelled, as he ran, he threw the bag he was holding to both of the Japanese police officers; it hit them right on their faces. Before they could even take their guns, Jong Suk flew his fists on the two of them, followed by Woo Bin who he left behind. "You should at least tell me!" Woo Bin was annoyed, he couldn't believe that Jong Suk would leave him back there and fought by himself, "I tell you, don't ever do that again! Ever!"

Jong Suk lifted the bag full of weapons which he threw, then smirked. "Now, you sounded like Hyun Woo."

* * *

When they met again, the two of them were staring at each other for quite a long time. When Se Yeon tried to say something, Jong Suk was called by Woo Bin, "Ya! Comrade Lee, are you going or not?" After hearing Woo Bin, he hurriedly walked away, after he thought that it was maybe fate that let him meet the boy and that woman, he turned around and while he was smiling to them, he asked, "I forgot to ask your name!"

She couldn't help it but to smile. She replied him, "It is Se Yeon, Jin Se Yeon!"

"Nice to know you, Jin Se Yeon-ssi!"

Jong Suk ran to where Woo Bin called him, there was a truck that had been waiting for them. Woo Bin helped him to put the bag into the truck. "Who was that?"

"Not important for you to know." Jong Suk jumped up to the truck followed by Woo Bin. From his friend attitude, Woo Bin knew something was not right with Jong Suk, he shook his head, Maybe I was thinking too much, there is no way Jong Suk will break the vow. The truck left afterwards.

Se Yeon felt strange towards him; in the afternoon he was a burglar and then he was a police, who was he actually? She didn't know where her mind flew when he asked for her name and worse she said them. Maybe it was because, she felt like she had ever met him before, not when he helped her and Seomul because of the police recognized her as the Star Club's singer, but it was way long before that. Seomul grasped her hand, "Eonnie, will we meet hero ahjussi again?"

"Maybe, since there is a first and second meeting, there will be more meetings waiting ahead us." Seomul didn't get what Se Yeon meant but he only nodded, the only thing that he cared was he could meet Jong Suk again and so did Se Yeon. Then both of them went back to the Star Club.

 

At the new headquarter, all weapons had collected by all groups and the Chief was pleased by that. When the gathering was dismissed, the Chief asked for Jong Suk, just for the two of them. "You know, Jong Suk, I had always thought you and the others as my sons; you are all valuable to me."

"Thank you, Chujang-nim, we will be more careful on our next missions."

"No, no, that's not what I meant," he pat his shoulders, "I know you are upset because of Hyun Woo and the others, but Hyun Woo was caught not because of your fault."

Confusion choked up Jong Suk mind. "What do you mean?"

"Jong Suk," he started to walk around the room, "Hyun Woo broke his vow, the first important vow you had agreed."

"He fell in love?"

"Worse, he had engaged with the woman, and the woman betrayed him, she told the Japanese polices where the headquarter used to be. Jong Suk, from all others, I treasured you the most, you must never put your heart on woman, or you'll be like me and Hyun Woo, was left and betrayed, I had lived for twenty years being chased by those Japanese dogs!"

The Chief was betrayed by his wife, she reported him for doing some rebellion things, but in reality he didn't, it was his friend. After he had escaped from jail, he went to search his beloved wife, he had forgotten all the things she had done on those years however when he found her, he also found out that she had married to a Japanese and lived in luxuries. It was then, he decided to help his friend and did the rebellion, until his friend was captured, and he replaced him as the Chief. Though Jong Suk had heard numerous of time of that story of his, he had always had this feeling that one day he would end up being like him, betrayed by woman, for example his mother, who left him in the orphanage and his childhood friend who left him alone in the orphanage, when he met Hyun Woo everything changed and then he met Chief then to this rebellion band.