When Love isn't Everything 사랑은 모든 걸하지 않을 때

Men Are All Like That 남자가 다 그렇지 뭐

Se Yeon went home with a blossomed heart; she hummed a melodious tone that she didn’t even know what song it was. It had been a long time since she didn’t feel like that, about few months ago? Jong Suk, the person she just knew, she had finally known why she felt so close to him, it was because he and that person had the same personality.

As she took out her keys to unlock her room’s door suddenly she was startled. It was Joo Won who standing was right beside her, he grasped her hand and he dragged her out from the Star Club.

She tried so hard to let her hand of Joo Won’s grip, but he held him too hard which made her effort was useless. Finally, he released his hand off her and out of the blue, he scolded her, “What the hell are you doing with him?”

Se Yeon smirked. “What is your concern to my business, Fujiwara-sang?”

“Like I had said before, I will make you become mine.”

“You don’t own me.” Se Yeon was about to leave but she was restrained by the grip of his hand. “Let me go!”

“I won’t! That guy, you hang out with is a criminal! Agassi will also be count in as one of them!” Se Yeon tried to get away from him, Joo Won then pushed Se Yeon until she leaned against the wall, he later stopped his body and was about to kiss her however Se Yeon managed to turn away, avoiding the kiss.

She slapped Joo Won right on his face. “Fujiwara Hokke, do you know what you did to me? You don’t have the right to get involved with my life!”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Have you forgotten about Lee Hyun Woo, the person who you had caught about few months ago?” Se Yeon pushed him away, “he was my fiancé.”

* * *

A lonely night for Jong Suk to head back to the headquarters alone, after the date he had spent with Se Yeon, he didn’t think that he would have missed her that quickly. He was surprised to see Woo Bin was waiting for him outside the headquarters; his face was swollen as if he was got in the neck by someone or a group of people. As he approached him, he asked him anxiously, “Woo Bin, what happened?”

At first Woo Bin ignored him, after Jong Suk asked him for a few times, he finally answered him while he was smoking his cigarette, “The Chief had known about the girl,” he smirked, “Jin Se Yeon.”

“How could you? I told you not to say a thing about her...” Jong Suk stopped as he thought about it, he had never told Woo Bin about her, even her name. “Then, how could the Chief knows?”

“Ask him yourself.” He went inside his room that he shared with Jong Suk.

Jong Suk went to the Chief’s office with a rush. He barged into his office without respect like he used to have whenever he went to the Chief’s office. As he got into the office, he saw the Chief had awaited him while he was sitting and enjoying his coffee. “Jong Suk, Jong Suk, don’t tell me that I forgot to warn you about the first vow that you all needed to obey if you wanted to join this rebellion band,” the Chief stood up and walked around his office, “and you are the second who disobey the rule that I have made!”

Jong Suk stayed silent. “Well, there is one thing you need to know Jong Suk. The girl you are seeing, she is Lee Hyun Woo’s fiancée, who was also supposed to be your future-sister-in-law.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I meant; she was the one who reported him.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“I know you would behave that way,” the Chief took out a letter from his desk, “here, read this and you’ll understand, infact you’ll know whether I am right or you are the one who is right.”

Jong Suk took the letter harshly. It was Hyun Woo’s letter for someone. An intial was written on the letter. He tried to read it as quick as possible.

Dear Miso Yeoja*,

Another month I had spent without you. Another day and another hour had passed. Missing you is the most painful syndrome that I have right now. When I meet you, I think I am going to hug you for hours and never let go. But you’ll never allow me, right?

I know you are in a place of danger because of me, but after we had finished our business here, I will go there and take you out from that place. Just like what I had promised.

You’ll meet my families here. I’m sure they will welcome you. And there will be someone that you’ve always wanted to see and I’m sure he’ll remember you.

Se Yeon-ssi, please wait for a little longer... I will definitely take you out from that place. Wait me for a little longer. Jin Se Yeon-ssi, please wait for me...

The one who have always and forever will love you,

Hyun Woo.

Jong Suk hoped that it wasn’t real. He should have been dreaming about it, a nightmare. That’s right, a nightmare. Hyun Woo and Se Yeon couldn’t have engaged. But it was Hyun Woo’s handwriting and it was Se Yeon that Hyun Woo was writing to, the woman that he had been madly in love with. “This can’t be true.”

“It is the truth, Jong Suk,” the Chief laid his hands on Jong Suk’s shoulders, “women are all like that, a liar, a betrayer and a seducer, you have been played by her as well as Hyun Woo. Now, have she known our headquarters?”

“No.”

The Chief sighed with relieved. “This time we shall make a move, tonight, before everything is too late.”

“I will make preparation and call the whole band to prepare.” Jong Suk said as he quitted the Chief’s office.

He was heart-broken. He wreaked his feelings into the rebellion acts to the Japanese. Firstly, it was because of Joo Won, their friend who betrayed them for wealth; second, it was Hyun Woo, who he had cared as his own brother, died meaninglessly because of one woman; and the third, Jin Se Yeon, the woman that he and Hyun Woo’s love whole-heartedly.

After the whole band had gathered into the center of the headquarters, The Chief let Jong Suk to lead the whole rebellion band. He said, “Tonight, we shall make the biggest uprising that has never been recorded in history! We shall make them pay!”

All the member of the rebellion band cheered happily. Inside of the crowd, Woo Bin saw Jong Suk had back to his old-self. Jong Suk looked very vicious and merciless at that time and a night full of bloodshed soon will happen...

The moment men were betrayed by women, they won’t be able to believe in women again, unless they were healed by some reason, they won’t be able to love anymore.

*Meaning: Smiling Girl