Love Blossomed 사랑 꽃을 피웠다

Men Are All Like That 남자가 다 그렇지 뭐

The awaited day had arrived, Jong Suk wore something that he never wore before, a black tuxedo that borrowed from Woo Bin, Jong Suk didn’t even know where his friend got that from. As he dressed up himself into a fine man, Woo Bin shook his head as he commented, “You looked silly.”

“Thank you, I really appreciate that.” Jong Suk tidied up the tuxedo that he was wearing. Woo Bin pouted. “Who is she that turned you into like this? If the Chief knows, you and I are going to be killed!”

“I know,” Jong Suk said as he was ready to go out, “so stay quiet.”

“Even if you don’t remind me, I will.”

Jong Suk smirked. “Thanks, wish me luck!” He happily sneaked out from headquarter to the Star Club where he and Se Yeon had agreed to meet. Meanwhile, inside their room Woo Bin sighed. “I knew this would happen.”

* * *

“Who is the guy you are meeting with?” asked Min Young who was looking at Se Yeon beautify herself as if she was falling in love, “Don’t make me die because of curiosity.”

“Nothing particular,” said Se Yeon while she put on pink lipstick on her lips, “it’s just an ordinary meeting with ordinary person.”

“You know we can’t go out as much as we want what if Mr. Kim knew about this?”

Se Yeon got up from her dressing table, tidied up her wavy hair. “You can help me out if that happens.”

“You owe a lot from this friend.”

“Thanks, Min Young.” She said and went out from the dressing room. At the same time, Seonmul went inside the dressing and his mother lifted him on her embrace. “Eomma, where is Eonnie going?”

“A date, dear,” she said while smiling to her son, “a date.”

Se Yeon was surprised to see Jong Suk had waited for him outside the Star Club. She approached him then she scared him. “Oh, agassi, you startled me!”

Se Yeon laughed. “That is my intention," she stopped laughing when she saw there was a bruise on his face, "what happened?"

"Oh, this?" Jong Suk pointed on his face, "it's not a big deal, don't worry."

After she had heard Jong Suk said so, she calmed herself as if she hadn't seen anything. "So, where are we going?”

“Uhm... It’s a secret,” Jong Suk then blew a whistle with his hands and a white horse came out to their direction.

“We are going by riding a horse? You are kidding me.”

“No, I am not,” he went and sat on the horse, as he took out his hand, he said, “May I?” Se Yeon took his hand and Jong Suk helped her to get onto the horseback. Jong Suk rode them into a place far from the town. As they were about to arrive to the place, Jong Suk asked Se Yeon to close her eyes. “Why?”

“Like I had said before, it is a secret.”

Se Yeon obediently closed her eyes like Jong Suk asked for. He waved his hands at her face to see whether she was peeping or not. After he had sure that she had closed her eyes, he went off from the horse and led them to the place. After he had finished taking them to a place where he wanted Se Yeon, he said, "Agassi, we have arrived, you can open your eyes now."

Slowly she laid up her eyes and she was astonished to see Jong Suk had brought her to a beautiful place filled with colorful flowers. "I can't imagine it, how could you find a place like this?"

"I found it accidentally and you are the first I had brought here."

"I felt honored." Se Yeon still admiring the beauty of the place and the peaceful there, but then her smile faded as she remembered of something. "Jong Suk-ssi, who are you? I mean your real identity."

"I can't fool you, can't I?" Jong Suk sat down on the ground, followed by Se Yeon, "I am a criminal, I joined this rebellion band and went against the Japan Empire."

Se Yeon grinned.  "I don't mind having a friend who is a criminal."

Jong Suk looked her in the eye and she continued, "Well, I used to have a friend who was a criminal like you however he ended up being killed by the Japanese officers, I still blamed myself that he was arrested because of me, so I am a criminal, too, you just don't know it, Jong Suk-ssi."

"I think we are the same, then." Both of them smiled. Slowly, Jong Suk inclined his body to Se Yeon and she closed her eyes at the same time. They shared a kiss in the daylight with the flowers surrounding them and they kissed for quite a long time...

 

It was already night when they went back to town. Jong Suk helped her to get down from the horse as they arrived at the Star Club. Se Yeon smiled to him. "Today, I had a wonderful time.”

Jong Suk replied her smile. “I had a wonderful time, too.”

Before Jong Suk left, she kissed him on the cheek and then she said, “Goodbye.”

Didn’t know why Jong Suk felt his heart ached and didn’t know why, he kept looking back after every one step that he had taken, although he only saw her shadow but still he wanted to see her before the distance between he and Se Yeon became further away.