A Night Where Blood Was Shed 피를 흘리신 밤

Men Are All Like That 남자가 다 그렇지 뭐

“Well, I don’t have excuses for not bringing you with me, Jin Se Yeon-ssi.” Joo Won brought Se Yeon to the MyeongRu Police Station’s investigation room. It was located underground, there Se Yeon was tied up in a chair, and her whole body was filled with wounds. After he had known the truth that Se Yeon was the fiancée of the criminal and used to be his sworn-brothers, Lee Hyun Woo, there weren’t any reason left to make her become his.

She is a criminal. His mind began to think whether she knew something about the rebellion band’s headquarters whereabouts, because she had some kind of a relationship with Jong Suk.

“Even if I know, I won’t tell you.”

“You are one impudent young woman, you still dare to lie?” Joo Won, who was standing beside her, yelled into her ears, he then turned to Kenji, “Comrade Nagao, take the whip for me.”

Kenji swiftly took the whip and handed to Joo Won. “I will still give you a chance; where is the headquarters?”

Se Yeon spitted on Joo Won’s face. “Go to hell.”

On the moment Joo Won was about to bulldoze her with the whip on his hand, the sound of explosion was heard. Afterwards, a police officer barged into the investigation room as he said, “Report, Sire! There has been a rebellion occurred on the west office!”

“What? The situation there, how about it?”

“We still haven’t know, Sire.”

Joo Won immediately left the investigation room with that police officer in such a hurry, leaving Se Yeon under Kenji’s observation. Kenji gently approached Se Yeon, he untied Se Yeon, who seemed so tormented after the investigation that Joo Won had done.

“Why untie me? I am a criminal.”

“Se Yeon, don’t act as if you are the one who caused Hyun Woo’s death.”

Though her body appeared to be weak, but the look in her eyes was filled with anger towards him. “I am sorry that because of my actions, I caused you lose someone who was dear to you.”

“Forget all your regrets to me, can you let me escape?”

* * *

The rebellion happened as well as planned under Jong Suk’s lead. Their aim was to kill the Chief of MyeongRu Police Station, then their rebellion band would be known throughout the town, with that the main culprit on colonization will be shown to them and that was their last aim. The explosion would make the whole polices gone frenzy and they spontaneously would forget about the Chief as the Chief also forgot about his safety. Meanwhile, Jong Suk and Woo Bin secretly went to the Chief Satsuma’s office by avoiding the Japanese police officers. As what Jong Suk had expected, the Chief was on his office all by himself, unarmed.  

“Hello, Chief Satsuma,” greeted Woo Bin while he was valuing all the furniture around his office, “what a rare vase you have here.”

“What are you doing here? Get out!” the Chief searched for his guns on his working table.

“Looking for this?” asked Woo Bin while letting Chief Satsuma saw that his gun was on their possession.

“Get out!”

Jong Suk shattered some of his vase collections. “Why do we have to get out when we have our prey here?” He walked closer to Chief Satsuma as he pointed his gun on him.

“Why you ignorant boys dare to threaten me? I have hundreds of armed polices here to arrest you.”

“Well, they are not here anymore, Sire,” Woo Bin also aimed his gun on the man, “they all went to a trap.”

“So long, Chief Satsuma.”

When Joo Won heard the gunshots around the east office, he suddenly realized that Chief Satsuma was there and most of the police were here on the west office. It was a trap, Joo Won immediately went to the east station, barged into the Chief’s office, there he saw the Chief was lying on the ground, breathless, lifeless, blood flowed from his body to the expensive carpet on the floor. There, the rebellion band’s name was written on a piece of paper, put on the body of the Chief.

Joo Won didn’t know when he was born as Japanese, but then his heart filled of betrayal to Joseon and a determination to kill Lee Jong Suk. Not only because of the death of Chief Satsuma but also because of the love from Se Yeon that he would never achieve, because he was the one who shot Hyun Woo. Therefore, he was determined to arrest him, alive or dead.

He headed to the Chief’s working table, he picked up the telephone and started to make a phone call. “Hello? This is Fujiwara Hokke, I am reporting for a rebellion case and a murderer... Yes, to be arrested immediately.”

On the other hand, Jong Suk and Woo Bin managed to escape from the police station by getting on the truck. At first Jong Suk  was relieved that all of the members were save and no one was arrested, but then he was startled to see Se Yeon was also there, tied up and her whole body was full of wounds.

Jong Suk was about to approach Se Yeon but he was detained by Woo Bin. She must be Jin Se Yeon, and so he asked the members, “Who order you to catch this woman?”

“It was the chief’s order.”

“You better stay away from that woman,” Woo Bin whispered to Jong Suk, “there is no way you two could get away from the Chief.”

“But I need to hear from her, myself.”

“What? After all what Chief had said, you still trust her?”

“At least, I need to try,” Jong Suk looked to his left and right, “could you help me?”

“I still count you as my friend,” Woo Bin patted his friend’s shoulder, “but if you get caught, there is no way I could help you out, you are on your own, Jong Suk.”

“Thanks a lot, Woo Bin, thanks a lot.”

Woo Bin replied with a smile to Jong Suk although he had some bad feeling about the things that could possibly happen if he went to see the woman that the Chief was about to kill.