Creativity

EXO XO Veterinary Clinic

"Do you think I'm creative?" Minseok asked Joonmyun. 

"Sure," he answered, looking at him oddly. He cleared his throat, shuffling a pile of papers and left the lobby. 

Minseok looked around the lobby for his next surveyee. Jongdae was stirring a mug of coffee at the table in the waiting area. He hopped onto the coush beside him. 

"Hey Jongdae!" he greeted cheerfully, leaning in close to his face. 

"Um . . . hi." 

"Whatcha doin' there?" he asked, pointing at the mug. 

"Making coffee," the other answered, looking at him as if he were an alien. "You're . . . . cheerful today." 

Minseok nodded enthusiastically. "So," he dragged out the 'oh' sound, rolling his eyes to go along with it. "Do you think I'm creative?" 

"I guess," Jongdae shrugged. 

"Not really," Tao commented from the reception desk, leaning on it and flipping through an 'educated magazine' but everyone knew he was really reading the behind the scenes interviews of Apgujeong Midnight Sun. 

"Why not?" he questioned, offended. 

Tao shrugged. "Whatever, I need to go do some work." (read the weekly recap of My Lovely Girl). 

Minseok snapped his head around to ask the first person he could find - Kris - "Am I creative?" 

Kris was currently arranging a padlock over his wallet, a large sign claiming it 'Byun Free.' "Maybe," he answered, furrowing his eyebrows as the chains kept falling off. 

"That's it!" Minseok stood up. "No one here thinks I'm creative!" 

"We never said that," Jongdae argued. 

"But you were thinking it!" Minseok told him. 

"You can read our minds?" Tao said, awed. 

Silence. 

"Well ." 

The three of them practically jumped onto Minseok, clinging to him and offering to buy him a bubble tea or give him a ride. Minseok smirked. 

"Well, who do you think is the most creative?" he asked, shoving them off. 

"Well, of course, my boyfriend," Jongdae answered. 

"Yeah, he's pretty creative," Minseok agreed. 

"He's also very creative in the bedroom," Kris waggled his eyebrows. 

"How do you know that?" Last time Tao checked, Kris was dating Suho and Jongdae and Lay were together. 

"I can read your mind too," Kris puffed out his chest. "And you two are ing loud. Well, mostly you," he told Jongdae. 

"We don't even live in the same building!" the smaller protested. 

"Exactly," Kris pointed out. 

Jongdae stared at him, horrified. 

"You're limping," Minseok assured him that their privacy was safe. "But he's right, you're ing loud."

"We don't live close to each other either!" the accused argued. 

"Exactly," Minseok told him. "So ing keep it in your pants until you get home, where we're far away." 

Jongdae flushed, eyes drifting to the closet (that has been mentioned in many chapters before). 

"Lovely, now, can we please get back on topic?" Minseok clapped his hands. "Maybe Lay can give me creative lessons." He realized what he said when the other three stared at him. "Not those kind of lessons."

"I can probably get him to agree," Jongdae leaned back. 

"How? Aren't you practically broke right now?" Tao reminded him. 

"I have my ways," Jongdae assured. 

"Ew," Tao wrinkled his nose. 

"As if you haven't done it before," Jongdae scoffed, flipping his hair. 

"I haven't, because THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS DATING SOMEONE ELSE!" 

Kris sighed. "Tao, for the last time, you can not be in a relationship with a fictional character." 

Tao's protests were cut off by the sound of the (actual) janitor's closet door creaking open, Lay dragging a mop out. He waved to them as he went. "Joonmyun ate Luhan's cooking again." 

"LAY!" 

~

"You just gotta let your mind go free, go with the flow." 

"You sound like a hippie," Minseok commented. 

Lay shrugged, looking himself up and down. "Creativity. Smooth. Chillax." 

"Wasn't the costume and wig a bit much?" he asked. 

"Shh," Lay shushed him. "Just feel the beat," he gestured, closing his eyes and following the beat with his hands and feet. 

"Um," Minseok looked at him, "But there is no beat?"

"Yes there is." 

"No there isn't." 

"There is." 

"There isn't."

"Is!"

"Isn't!" 

"Is!" 

"I don't hear any music!" 

"You have to feel it, not hear it!" Lay smacked him on the head. Minseok rubbed his head, glaring. 

"Now," Lay continued, "I have brought bottles of spray paint with me," he gestured to wagon he was dragging along. "It's very hard to wash off, so you only get one chance to make your mark." 

"By spray painting?" 

Lay smacked him on the head again. "Anyways, you can use one or all of them. Maybe two, or three, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or-"

"Yeah, I get it, I can use the spray paint," Minseok said. 

Lay cleared his throat. "Go on then. Get your creative juices flowing." 

~

"There," he leaned back. "Wow, I thought it be horrible it ended up turning out really good!" 

"You've got the flow," Lay patted his back. "Good job." 

Minseok nodded, smiling, and feeling accomplished. "Thanks for teaching me, Lay."

"No problem, old friend," Lay returned.

"We've only known each other for two years though?"

"Go with the flow, Minseok!" Lay smacked him again. Minseok glared. 

"You two! Put your hands up!" 

Lay and Minseok whipped around. Minseok was whipped by the beads in Lay's (fake) braids. He glared, then turned back to the officer. 

"But, Officer, we weren't doing anything wrong!" he protested. 

"Don't act innocent," he narrowed his eyes. "Doing graffiti? On the wall of a police station?" 

"Wait what," Minseok turned around. His eyes widened. "You never told me it was a police station!" he accused Lay. 

He shrugged. "I didn't know either. But whatever. Peace, man." 

"Would you two please put your hands up?" the officer repeated again, annoyed. 

"Did you say . . ." Lay started. 

"Oh no," Minseok groaned. He glared at the officer. "See what you started?"

"Put your hands up?" Lay finished, eyes sparkling. 

"Um, yeah," the officer shrugged. Lay's eyes widened. 

"Oh dear god," Minseok rubbed his face. 

"PUT YOU HANDS UP AND GET YOUR DRINKS UP!" 

"Sir," the officer repeated yet again. "Please put-"

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" 

"Officers! Catch those two!" he pointed at Lay and Minseok. Minseok froze. He grabbed Lay who still singing and ran away as police officers started streaming out of the station. "Nice going, Lay." 

"Quick, we gotta escape!" he looked around for something they could use to get back to the clinic. He saw something. 

"Lay-"

"GET YOUR DRINKS UP!" 

"Desperate times call for desperate measures," he told himself, going back to what we saw earlier. "Come on, Lay," he dragged Lay over to the toy scooter. Although it didn't go very fast, it was fast enough. 

"Let's go, Lay!" 

"PUT - PUT - PUT - PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" 

~

"I can't believe they think we're partners in crime," Baekhyun commented. "Seriously, the media knows nothing." 

Joonmyun fainted. 

"Hyung?" he nudged the veterinarian on the floor. "Hyung, get up, or else they'll think I knocked you out." 

~

Joonmyun woke up in the backseat of a car.

"Finally you woke up!" Baekhyun was driving. Oh dear god. 

"Who's car are we in?" Joonmyun asked, sitting up properly. Baekhyun only shrugged. It was then that Joonmyun noticed the shattered window and lead pipe in the passenger seat. 

Joonmyun fainted. 

1.2k words

a/n: entirely based on this >>> Kingscliff: 61-year-old graffiti vandal led police on a 300m chase on a toy scooter after spray-painting police station