First Impression

Married to SHINee's Jonghyun. (Forced Marriage)

 

Chapter 2

Haemi’s POV

It’s been 30 minutes. Me with my parents together with my fiancée parents are already here at the restaurant but he’s still not here. He’s late on our first meeting, what a good first impression.

“I’m really sorry for my son being irresponsible and not coming on time. But he told me that he”

Before Mr. Kim could finished what he’s saying an handsome man suddenly interrupted him. He looks so familiar. I think I’ve seen him somewhere.

“I’m sorry for being late but I got stucked at a traffic.” He apologized while bowing facing me and my parents.

“It’s okay Jonghyun-sshi. You should sit now so that we can eat already and talk about you marriage.” My mother invited him in a friendly tone.

I’m now sitting beside Kim Jonghyun on his car. My parents and his parents asked him to take me home so that we can have our alone time and can get to know each other. But this car ride is really awkward, we both just remained silent not talking to one another.

Oh by the way, our wedding is already set. It’ll be next month. It will just be a private wedding, only our families and close friends will know it and will be invited.

Finally, after the long awkward drive. We arrived at my house. I thanked him and make my way to our gate.

“Haemi-sshi, wait.”

He called me and I stopped from walking and looked at him again.

“Can we talk for a minute, Please?” He asked me and I nodded shyly. He walked near me until we are now facing each other.

“I know that we both don’t want this marriage to happen. But our parents already decided it,  so we can’t do anything.”

I just nodded again looking at the ground. I’m scared to looked at him and for what he’s going to say to me.

“I just want us to be friends to make it easier for us. Are you okay with that? I just want us to get along well.”

He explained to me.

“Sure, I want that, Jonghyun-sshi.” I answered him looking now at his face and smiling. He smiled back and I don’t know why but I suddenly felt my cheeks burned so I looked to another direction.

“Since we’re going to be friends. We should stop being formal to each other. You should call me Oppa since I’m older than you. Arasso?” He asked me smiling more widely.

“Yeah, Oppa.” I replied.

“Uhmm, Haemi-ah. Please remember not to tell anyone on our school that we’re getting married, Please?” 

We already talked about that a while ago,  not letting anyone to know our marriage. He does not need to remind me, I’m now thinking that he’s ashamed of me or something. He’s actually going to continue his study at our school, he’s parents asked me for us to spend more time.

“I already know that Jonghyun-sshi. You don’t have to remind me.” I address him formally again, feeling hurt.

“Haemi-ah, Please don’t think that I’m embarrass of you or something. I just don’t want my fans to know about our marriage. They’re going to hate me and even you. Other Shinee member might get affected too. I just don’t want to ruin my singing career that I have worked hard for a long time. I hope you’ll understand me.” He explained to me like he just read my earlier thoughts.

“Of course, I understand you, Oppa.” I sincerely do…