Thank you..

Fate.. Trust me..

Today… Ms. Han will be back home and that’s mean that I don’t need to stay here anymore.. But.. Why am I feeling a bit half-hearted to pack my thing to go back to my own house? Even ChangJo notice my behaviour.

“Hyung… You still want to stay here, right?” he asked me as he sat on the bed while I’m packing my things. I just replied him with a smile, a weak smile. “Hyung~” he whined as he didn’t get any answer from me.

I sighed and took a seat beside him after done with my things. “I don’t know. I’m.. happy..” I said as I gazed down on my lap.

“You’re happy? Happy to leave?” from his tone, I knew he misunderstood me.

“Not that.. I’m happy.. that.. I can see him.. but.. we’re not that close yet.. I can’t stay here..”

“Why don’t you two exchange your number?”

“I would like too but… I’ve no courage..”

“YA!! It’s just number.. he won’t think anything…” ChangJo said as he slung his arm around my shoulder, trying to keep my spirit up.

“ChangJo-ah…” I turned my face and look at him. “Today… Let’s cook something special for Byunghun.”

“What?” he backed away and looked at me confusedly. “Cook? For him?” I nodded confidently. I wanted to make something for Byunghun before we leave.

“Please~~~” I pleaded him as he looked at me confusedly.

“A-alright..”

“Yeay!! Let’s go..” I got off from the bed and pulled ChangJo along with me. We made our way toward the kitchen. Thankfully, it’s still early and Byunghun won’t wake up at this time. And we have more than an hour before we leave for school and also mean that our stay there will end.

“Hyung.. What will you cook?”

“Spaghetti..” I took out the ingredients from the refrigerator and put it on the table. “ChangJo-ah.. You know how to make the sauce… Help me..” I pleaded him once again. He sighed but anywhere he did what I asked. “Thank you, Jonghyun-ah..” I thanks him.

--

“Done!” I beamed as I put down the spaghetti I’d cook and with the help of ChangJo, making the sauce. We’d prepared the table and now what left is calling Byunghun to have breakfast with us.

“What are you waiting for now?” I looked up at ChangJo who’s now looking at me. “Why don’t you call Byunghun hyung? I’m hungry.. And we need to be quick.. We only have about 45 minutes for school.”

“Alright.” I made my way up stair, toward Byunghun’s room carefully. I knocked on the door as usual and usually, there’ll be no answer but today it’s different.

“Ne~?” he woke up? Usually I’m the one that’ll wake him up and not by himself. Without any more thinking, I step inside and found him sat down on his bed while playing with his phone.

“B-breakfast already.. L-let’s eat…” am I too nervous or what until I can’t say it without stuttering. Just put that aside and focus with him. He got off from his bed with his phone still with him and headed toward me.

“Won’t you eat also?” I guess I stand there as a statue for a while before he startled me. I continuously nodded and turned around, making my way toward the kitchen with him following from behind.

“Wow~~ Who made this?” Byunghun said in awed as he took his seat while looking at the spaghetti with amazed in his eyes.

“Who else? Of course Chanhee hyung.” ChangJo said. All of us gathered around the dining table already.

“I bet it’ll be very delicious.” Byunghun said as he already took a lot of the spaghetti.

“And if it’s not delicious, maybe the sauce because ChangJo made it.” I lightly joked and got a whined from ChangJo.

“Then I’ll blame you..” Byunghun pointed toward ChangJo and once again gain a whined from ChangJo.

“Hyung~~ It’s delicious!!” ChangJo whined as we giggled at his behaviour.

“Ne~” I said. We all stay silent after a while, focusing on our breakfast. It’s really delicious which is more delicious with the sauce that ChangJo made. He really knew how to make it and I know it because he made it for me before.

--

“Byunghun hyung..” ChangJo called him while we gathered in the living room after done with our breakfast and washed the dishes. Byunghun turned his attention toward him and same goes to me. “We need to leave in 10 more minutes.” As ChangJo said that, I felt sad and disappointed at the same time. Just 10 more minutes and we will leave. I’m not really sure whether I can meet Byunghun again after this or not. He looked like he won’t go out of the house. Neither can I tutor him as what Ms. Han asked as he already quit school. 

“T-thank you..” Byunghun said after quite a silence between us. We both looked at him, waiting for the other word that look like it would come out soon. “For.. Willing to be my friend…”

“We will always be your friend.” I said.

“I thought that I’ve no will to continue my life.. But.. thanks to you guys that I’m happy even though it’s just a few days.” hearing this from him, about to get me in tears. I’m doing the right thing for him. At least he changed a bit.

“We’ll always be in contact, right? Hyung?..” ChangJo asked Byunghun. “Let’s three of us exchange number. At least we can still contact.” ChangJo suggested. I totally agree with it. I really wanted to have his number but did he save my number? I wrote on the note before but he didn’t text or call me.

“Ne..” he took out his phone and same goes with both me and ChangJo. Three of us exchange our phone number on the spot and I save his name as ‘Byunghun’ only. We’re still just to get real close so there is still no nickname yet for us.

“Hyung… Why don’t we hang out sometimes? We never went out together.” I actually wanted to asked this to Byunghun but looking at his expression, looked like he’s uncomfortable about it.

“L-let me think first.” He seemed nervous? Or maybe fear? I don’t know how to read his expression right now.

“Why-“

“YA!! We need to go to school now.” I cut off what ChangJo want to say. Byunghun seemed like he don’t want to answer the question. I pushed ChangJo to stand up and I did the same. “Byunghun-ah.. We’re going now.. Let’s contact each other then.” I said as I pushed ChangJo toward the door. Byunghun send us until the door.

“Bye..” he said as we entered my car. We waved our hand toward him before exit the place. Actually, I felt half-hearted to leave Byunghun. I wanted to see him everyday. But now, he look like he just stay at his house which made it hard to meet him. At least we exchanged number already.

“HYUNG!!” I was startled when ChangJo punched my arm. Thankfully, at that time I stop at the red light. If not, I might be in another track right now. Drive carelessly.

I turned and looked at ChangJo, giving him a glare for startled me. “What?!”

“I’m glad you still can drive well but can’t you totally focus on driving? What are you thinking actually?”

“Nothing.” I simply answered before driving back after the light turn green.

“You want to stay with Byunghun hyung, right?” I didn’t answer him as I know that he know me well. “We still can contact him.”

“But… he looked like he scared to go out of his house.”

“Really?”

“YA! That’s why I stop you. Don’t you realise his expression? I think..” I know what he’s fear at. “I think.. it’s because the accident..”

“Accident?” ChangJo looked at me curiously. “What accident?”

“Car accident.. His parent died in the accident. I think he scared to go out because of that.”

“So.. That’s why Ms. Han stay with him?” he said as he finally understands. I told him since from the start about how I end up with Byunghun last night.

“Why don’t we help him? He can’t just stay in his house forever. He changed a bit because of us. Why don’t we cure his fear?”

“How? But.. will it work?”

“Let’s think the way first. Then, we’ll try our best.”

“Alright.”

I want to help him. He can’t always be in that state forever. Even if he scared because of the bad memory he got, he still need to hang out of his house. Taking the fresh air or enjoying the day out.

‘I’ll help you, Byunghun.. We will help you.’