I want the best for you..

Fate.. Trust me..

Awkward.. That’s what I felt right now.. Staying at someone’s house that’s totally not close with me. When I arrived at his house yesterday’s night, Ms. Han greet me and brought me inside, showing an available room for me. Half an hour later, she left to the airport. Since that till now, in this house, just left with me and Byunghun.

I woke up early as usual but this time without omma waking me up. I haven’t seen Byunghun ever since I come here last night. It look like he’s keeping himself inside his room the whole time. I got off from my bed and made my way toward the kitchen. Ms. Han told me that I can make my own food as she already bought groceries yesterday. I opened the refrigerator and found some ingredients to make fried rice. Thankfully, there’s still some leftover rice of last night which I cook by myself.

At first, I thought of just making enough proportion just for me, but thinking that Byunghun haven’t even got out of his room, I made it enough for both me and him. I can’t let him starve as the reason I stay here is to take care of him.

It took me about 15 minutes to finish cooking, and prepared the plate ready on the table. I took my seat and it’s only me alone even though I prepared breakfast not for me only. I looked up at his room… ‘Will he go out from his room?’… ‘Should I take this to him?’

I decided to take this breakfast to him. I stood up and took a tray, putting both of our breakfast on it. Maybe I can have breakfast together with him. I slowly make my way toward his room, knocking on the door quite a few times but no one answer. At last, I opened the door by myself slowly and took a peek before getting inside. I switch on the light before making my way toward his bed. He’s still lying on his bed, covering himself with the blanket. I put the tray of foods on the desk beside his bed.

“Byunghun.. Lee Byunghun..” I gently shook his body while calling his name, trying to wake him up. “Byunghun.. Wake up.. I prepare breakfast for you.” I tried again but he just groaned while pulling his blanket fully over him. “I want to eat breakfast with you.. Let’s eat together..”

“Just eat by yourself..” he said as he annoyed at my disturbance.

“I cook it for you.. At least eat now..” there’s no reply from him. “I need to go to school.. Please~ Let’s eat..” he sat up on the bed, looking annoyed at me.

“Faster.” He looked at me and I know he’s mad that I disturb his sleep. I took his food and handed to him while I took mine. I looked at him, anticipated for him to eat the food I cook. I waited as he munched on the food, waiting for his comment. “Why are you looking at me?” I was totally focused until I don’t realise that he’s watching me.

“H-how’s the food?”

“Alright..” he said as he took another bite and another and another. Look like he like the food. I can’t stop smiling as he ate my food deliciously. I finally started to eat mine as I satisfied that he like my food. “Where are you studying?” he asked me after he done with his breakfast while I’m still munching on my food.

“TOP high school.” He just nodded and look away. Seem like there’s no continue in this conversation. But, I want to have conversation with him. Maybe I should be the one that lead the conversation. “How’s about you? Your school?”

“I quit..”

“WHAT?!” I kind of shocked that he’s quitting his study.. He looked at me surprise maybe because of the sudden yell from me. “W-why? Why did you quit?”

“I hate it..”

“But.. You need to study for your future.”

“No future again. Omma appa are not with me anymore.”

“So?” maybe it sound rude asking that but I don’t understand his thinking. “What is your parent matter with your study? You’re the one that study not them.. It’s your future.”

“I-“

“I know it’s rude mentioning about your parent but you need to continue your life even without them. It’s your future.. And in the future, someone will live by themselves one day.”

“It’s none of your business.” He looked away from me but I instantly stare at him.

“I know… but.. think about your future.. You need to study to be success in the future.. Continue your study and search for a good job. I’m sure your parent wants you to be success in life.”

“Enough with it..” he lie back on his bed and covered himself with the blanket as if he don’t want to hear me again.

“I want the best for you. Can’t you study back?”

“Who are you to advise me?” he said as he lift back down his blanket, looking at me in pissed.

“I don’t want you to suffer in life.” I looked down on my lap, feeling a bit guilty that I made him pissed off. “Sorry.. I know I’m nothing to you and I’ve no right to ask you.” I stood up from his bed, apologising for my rudeness. “Sorry.. I’m really sorry.. I need to go now.” I made my way out from his room. I don’t know why but I felt I wanted to cry. It’s not like he’s yelling at me or I did something wrong. But.. Somehow, there’s something that made me like this but I don’t know what it is.

I went down stair after taking my bag and car keys. I need to go to school even though I need to take care of Byunghun. Before I went out, I put a note on the refrigerator. I’m not sure whether he’ll see that note or not but I hope he will.

‘I’m not sure if you remember my name.. I’m Lee Chanhee.. I’m sorry if I made you made.. I’m really sorry.. 
I’m going to school now and if there’s anything wrong, call me.. 01XXXXXXXX’