Friend.....

Fate.. Trust me..

“Hyung~~~~” I turned around just to meet ChangJo who’s running toward me. He looked happy today. He slung his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer as close as he can.

“What’s wrong with you today?” I asked while we walked along the hall, heading toward the classroom.

“I’m in love~~~~” he said, smiling sheepishly. I stopped on my track and pushed him away, looking at him in disbelief.

“Y-you’re in love? Really?” he nodded excitedly. “Who? Who’s that person?”

“Niel.. Ahn Daniel..” he said in low voice, cautious as someone would hear him.

“Niel? How can? I never saw you talk to him..”

“Never talk with that person doesn’t mean that I don’t like him.”

“Oooo…” I continue walking as his word repeat in my mind. ‘Never talk with that person doesn’t mean that I don’t like him’ … I’ve never talk to Byunghun before I met him closely..

“HYUNG!!” I startled at the sudden shout from ChangJo.. “What are you thinking? Look like it’s serious.”

“If I said that I also in love.. Do you believe it?” I looked at him as I anticipate his answer.

“Why shouldn’t I believe it? So.. Who’s that person?” he looked at me, waiting for my answer. Maybe.. Maybe.. He can help me.. right?

“Do you have anything to do after school?”

“No.. Why?”

“I-I’ll bring you to someone’s house.”

“Who? That person’s house?”

“Just wait at my car after school..” I said before I rushed toward my class, leaving ChangJo going alone to his classroom.

--

“Who’s house is it?” ChangJo asked as he looked at me while I was driving, heading toward Byunghun’s house. “Won’t you tell me?”

“Just wait when we’re arrive.”

“Is it your crush? You live with that person?”

“YA!!! Stop asking!”

“Tha-“

“Stop asking or I’ll drop you off here!” I cut his word by warning him, which it worked to make him silent. “You’ll know later.. Just keep your curiosity for a while.”

“Ne~~”

It’s just a silent along the way, comfortable silent with just the sound of the radio tune in. The reason why I wanted to bring ChangJo there is because that maybe that Byunghun should make friend. I want Byunghun be open and not only trap himself in his house. I hope ChangJo will be helpful in this matter.

--

“Sit there first.” I asked ChangJo to take his seat at the couch as I made my way to search for Byunghun. And of course he’s not around and will possibly be in his room. I made my way upstair toward his room. I knocked on the door before entering when there’s no response.

“Byunghun..” I called out his name. His not around but from the sound from the water from the bathroom, I guess he’s taking a bath now. I went to the bathroom door and knocked on it. “Byunghun..”

“What?” he answered back.

“If you’re done, can you go down? I want to introduce someone.”

“Ne.” he simply answered. I leave his room and went back to ChangJo who’s at the living room.

“Where is he?” ChangJo immediately asked me as I sat beside him. I turn on the TV, not to keep it silent.

“He’ll come later.”

“Hyung..” he turn his body and face me. “You like him, right?”

“What? No!” I denied immediately.

“Just tell me the truth.”

“Why do you think like that?” instead of answering him, I wanted to know if my attitude is unusual until he said that I like that guy.

“Because I totally know you, hyung. I’ve been with you for a few years and I know what are you thinking.”

“Then.. Tell me.. What am I thinking?”

“Wait!” he backed away a little, looking at me confusedly. “Don’t tell me you don’t know your own feeling.. You don’t know love?”

“Just skip that question. Answer mine first.”

“Alright..” he move forward, making our space a bit closer as if he want to whisper to me. I waited for him with anticipating. “You’d change.”

“What?!.. Just that?” he nodded while crossing his arm on his chest, feeling proud of himself. “Then.. What changes in me?”

“You smile too lot these days. And.. It’s weird that you stay at someone’s house. And that person is a stranger to you?”

“I-I..”

“Still want to deny? Accept the fact that you like that person.”

“I-i? I… like.. him?” I muttered in a low voice, still wanted to process the fact. But then, I heard footsteps heading toward us which I looked up and found Byunghun is heading toward us. I stood up and approached Byunghun. ChangJo also stood up and followed me.

“Who’s this?” Byunghun pointed toward ChangJo as he looked at me.

“My friend.. Choi Jonghyun.. He’s younger 2 years than us.”

“Hi.. You can call me ChangJo.” ChangJo said happily as he hand out his hand for Byunghun.

Byunghun accepted and introduce himself. “I’m Lee Byunghun.. You can call me Byunghun.” They hand-shake but then it left them awkward or maybe the three of us. We sat together in the living room.

“Are you mad that I brought my friend here? At your house?” I start the conversation after a really long awkward silence.

“Why did you bring him here?” his question shocked me. He didn’t like it? It sounded like he mad about it.

“I..I.. I just want to introduce him to you..”

“Why?”

“Because.. I want you to get more friend..”

“I’ve many friends already.”

“B-“

“YA! Don’t be mad at Chanhee hyung…” ChangJo suddenly busted out at Byunghun as he defend me.

“ChangJo..”

“I’m not mad… I just.. Don’t want someone think I need their sympathy. I can handle myself.” Byunghun said as he stared down on the floor.

“Byunghun-ah…” I stood up and sat next to him. “I’m not doing this because I felt sympathy at you.. I want you to be happy. Friends will help their friends.”

“Why are you so kind to me? We’re not that close friend.” He looked up at me. I left speechless as I was being asked that question. Why? Why I want to help him? Did I really don’t want him to be in this condition or other reasons?

“Because Chanhee hyung is really a kind person. He will help anyone.” ChangJo answered instead of me. “Byunghun hyung..? I should call you that right?” he asked Byunghun. I waited for his answer and he just nodded. “Let’s be friend from now on.” ChangJo handed out his hand once again as both of them hand-shake.

“Now.. What do you two want to do here?” Byunghun asked as he looked a bit happier than before and seem a bit excited. I looked at ChangJo and both of us also don’t know what to do. “Then.. You already have lunch?”

“Not yet.” I answered him.

“Cook then..” he looked at me, left me dumbfounded at what he mean. “You can cook well.”

“What? I thought you’re the one that will cook.”

“I can’t cook.”

“Ya! Ya! When will we eat?” ChangJo stopped both me and Byunghun from bickering.

“Alright.. I’ll cook..” I gave up and headed toward the kitchen, getting prepared for our lunch.

 

** I really hope you can post comments while reading... :D :D **