Stay with him?

Fate.. Trust me..

“YA!!!” I was hit at the back which made me have a great shock at the sudden greet. I turned to my right just to meet ChangJo who hit me just now. He sat next to me with his tray food.

“I’m older than you! Don’t just hit me like that!” I scold him back, glaring him but it doesn’t even affecting him.

“So?” I ignored his reply and continue back to eat my lunch. “Tell me..” he start our conversation with that sly smile that I don’t know what that mean by.

“What are you talking about?”

“You’ve changed..”

“Changed? Did I wear something different today?”

“No~ You look happier than before.”

“I’m happy everyday. What’s the problem?”

“I sense something else.” I turn my attention to him, curious at what he mean by. “You fall in love?”

“W-What? Nonsense!” I move my gaze away from him but.. Why did I done that? Not that I agree with what he said.. But.. Somehow, I felt like I’m blushing.. And what’s weird is that.. At that time, I think about that guy.. Or I can call him Lee Byunghun now since I know his name already.

“I’m right! You’re shy now..” he pinched both my cheek, making me winced in pain. I rubbed the spot a few times just to lessen the pain. “Who’s that guy?” he looked at me without even apologising for making my cheek in pain. He looked totally curious about it. But.. It’s not like I love that guy.. Or am I? Without me knowing…?

“How can you know if you love someone?” I asked ChangJo without even thinking what he’ll think of my question. Just I know that he smirked when I asked the question, giving me his tease smile.

“So I am right.” he smile as he win some bet. He turn his body fully facing me, giving me a sudden serious look. “Love… If you love someone, you’ll know when you can’t stop thinking about that person. Everyday, you’d like to see him every time….” it.. it the same as me wanted to see him at the bus stop every morning.. Did I.. Fall for him?

“Then?” I wanted to know more and that info is not enough for me.

“You’ll miss him.. .. So…” he moved forward with anticipation plastered on his face. “who’s that person? I want to know.” I pushed him away and began to pack my thing.

“None of your business.” I stood up after done pack my things. “I’m going to class now.” I left him there, making my way toward my class.

“HYUNG!! I’LL GO BACK WITH YOU LATER!!” he yelled at me. Sometimes, he’ll ride in my car, asking me to ride him home. But, of course I’ll let him cause he’s my forever best friend and he know me the best. Along the way, I can’t stop thinking about what we’re talking just now. Is what he told me just now right? I fall for Byunghun just because I always wanted to see him every morning.. I miss him? Did I? Maybe.. because I always thinking about him. But.. He didn’t know me at all. That what’s the problem now.

--

Class end finally but Ms. Han want to meet me after the last class end, which now I’m on my way toward her room. I knocked on the door before enter her room. She gestured me to take my seat in front of her desk.

“I’m sorry for asking you to meet me at this time.”

“It’s fine, miss. Is there something that I need to do?”

“I need your help again. About Byunghun. Can you help me?”

“About Byunghun?” I started to get worry at the mention of him. “Is he sick?”

“No.. It just that.. Tonight, I’ll have to go to Busan and will be away for four days. Would you accept if I asked you a favour to stay with him for that few days?”

“Stay with him? At his house?”

“Ne.. If you can’t, I won’t force you. But I just can’t let him stay alone in his situation like that.” Looking at her face, I know that she’s totally hesitated to leave Byunghun alone at his own house. But, would omma let me live at someone else’s house? But.. I also don’t want to make Ms. Han keep worrying about Byunghun. Maybe I should just accept it and discuss with omma later.

“I’ll stay with him..” I decided which make Ms. Han smile in delighted.

“Thank you, Chanhee-ah.. I owe you a lot.. Thank you.”

“It’s fine.. Besides, I wanted to become friend with Byunghun.”

“I’m glad if you’ll be his friend. I hope you two will get along well. Thank you once again, Chanhee-ah..” my phone suddenly rang, which I immediately pull it out from my pocket. ChangJo called me and I just remembered that he want to ride in my car today.

“Miss.. I need to go now.”

“Alright.. Thank you, Chanhee.” I stood up and leave the room, which I immediately answered the phone call.

“HYUNG!!” he yelled causing me to pull away my phone from my ear. “Where are you? I’m waiting at your car.”

“YA!! I’ll be there soon.. Can’t you be patient?!”

“Faster hyung!” I hung up and made my way toward the parking car which I parked my car. There’s ChangJo waiting beside my car.

“Sorry I’m late.” I said as we enter the car.

“It’s hot outside you know.” he looked a bit mad but I know it would not last longer.

“Forgive me~~~ ChangJo-ah~~” I looked at him with my big-doe eyes, pleading him in a cute way.. “Jonghyun-ah~~ ChangJo-ah~~ Jonghyun-ah~~” I pleaded him with his real name and his nickname..

“Alright.. Stop it.. Drive me home now.” I beamed happily that he’s not mad at me anymore. I started my car, exit the school and made my way to ChangJo’s house. “So… What make you late?” he finally started the conversation.

“Ms. Han want to meet me just now. So that’s why I’m late.”

“For what?”

“Something.. Nothing for you to know.” I don’t know whether I need to tell him or not but.. maybe not at this time.

“Ya! Won’t you tell me? I wait for you, bearing all the hotness.” He seem pissed off but still I won’t tell him yet.

“I’ll tell you other time.. Not now..” I sound pleading so that he know that I won’t talk about it.

“Alright.. Make sure to tell me!!” he insisted and I nodded, agreeing that I’ll tell him. I’ll tell him but not yet. “You promise me.. I will remember it..”

“Ne…” I won’t be able to avoid from him asking about this again in the future. He’ll always remember the thing he really wanted to know.

--

I walked back and forth in my room, hesitated to tell omma about me staying at Byunghun house tonight and for four days. Would she let me? Or will appa accept it too?

“CHANHEE!! Let’s eat now. Dinner finish..” I stopped on my track with omma yelling from the downstair I guess. Ms. Han will go in 3 hours from now and I should tell omma now. I already packed a few of my things an hour before.

I can do it!! I made my way toward the kitchen, joining omma and appa who’s already on their seat. We start eating as all already join at the table, eating in silence while me thinking about the right word to say.

“Chanhee.. What are you thinking about? You look really serious.” Appa said to me. He caught my attitude which I can avoid from him. I need to tell them now.

I straighten my body, looking at them with a little pleading look. “Omma, appa…. C-can I sleep at my friend house for a few days?”

“What?” omma looked at me in disbelief. She won’t approve me? “Sleep at your friend’s house?” she looked at appa which both of them looking at each other in confusion.

“What taken into you? Sleep at your friend’s house?” appa asked me with the same look with omma.

“C-can’t I? Just for four days..” I plead them.

“I-it’s just never happen.. You never staying at other places before..” omma said. “Who’s that friend? Jonghyun?”

“No.. Emm.. A-a new friend.” I just making some random lie. Maybe.. He’ll be my friend soon..

“We’ll let you stay there.. Just make sure you’ll come back here after that few days.” appa said.

“Really?” I asked them for a confirmation and both of them gave me an approval smile. I jumped out from my seat and hug both of them. “But… I will need to go now..”

“Now?” omma pulled away from the hug, causing me to pull back away as well.

“Ne.. Can I?”

“Alright.. It’s your choice. Now.. get ready..” she shooed me, asking me to prepared anything for the staying. I went back to my room, taking the things I already packed and put in some other things. I’m ready just in 10 minutes later.

“Omma.. Appa… I’m going now…” I said to them who’s now watching the TV. I waved my hand at them before heading out and entered my car. Somehow, there’s an excited feeling inside me as I was on my way toward Byunghun’s house. And.. I can’t wait to arrive.. Really.. I’m weird? This feeling is weird..