Care...

Fate.. Trust me..

I don’t expect that Byunghun will get close with ChangJo in such a short time. ChangJo even wanted to hang out at his house after school. I wanted them to be friend but… somehow.. there’s negative feeling of me wanted to part them away. Byunghun even not that close to me.. But.. What can I do? I was the one that introduce them to each other.

“Hyung!! Chanhee hyung!” I snapped out of my thought at the call of my name. ChangJo was calling me while heading toward me. “Hyung~ Why don’t you join us? Don’t just stand here.” ChangJo said, wanted me to join them playing basketball. I can’t play really well or maybe I can’t play. I rarely play sport. That’s true I was just standing while watching both of them playing.

“Chanhee.. Join us.” Byunghun said to me which enlighten my heart a bit.

“N-ne..” I agreed which then ChangJo pulled me along with him toward the field. “B-but.. I can’t play well.”  I told them before the game start.

“It’s fine. You can learn at the same time.” ChangJo said. “Let’s start now.” ChangJo was the one who’s holding the ball right now. His skill is too good and so do Byunghun. I was too amazed at their skill until I don’t realise that the ball was thrown at me. Before I get to reflex, it hit my head hard which made me fall on the ground. And what I knew is that I went blank.

--

Hurt.. My head hurt.. I slowly opened my eyes when I felt that someone was calling me.

“Hyung.. Hyung..” ChangJo’s voice which woke me up. I fluttered opened my eyes and found him sat beside me. “Hyung~” his voice become a little bit louder as if he’s happy that I’m awake.

“Ya~~ Don’t have to yell at me!” I while I’m got up and sat on the bed. I looked around and found myself on someone’s room but I know this is not the room that I used.

“Byunghun hyung brought you here.. His room.” ChangJo said. I looked around again.. I never observed his room well before. Now I realise…

“Where is he?”

“Byunghun hyung going out for a while.” He’s out? Out while I was in this state? Didn’t he care about me? Somehow I felt a bit disappointed and sad at the thought of him. “Hyung.. I’ll bring drink for you.” ChangJo stood up and went out of the room.

I observed the room once again… Looking at the bed, it’s the first time I laid on his bed. His scent.. The first time I noticed it. On his desk, there’re pictures of him and also his parents. The person that he miss all the time. How I wish that he can move on and continue his study.

A few minutes later, Byunghun came in with a a glass of orange juice and a plastic bag. He probably bought something a while ago. He handed me the drink which I accepted it.

“I thought ChangJo was the one that would bring me some drink.” I said while taking a sip of the drink.

“I asked him that I’ll do it. He’s watching the TV right now.” he took his seat beside me.

“W-where did you go just now?” I am really curious where did he went just now.

“Bought something for you.” he said as he put the plastic bag he brought just now on the bed. Something for me? That’s weird. “I don’t have first aid in this house. So.. I went out to buy something to treat your wound there.” he said while pointing at my forehead.

I got off from the bed and went in front of the mirror. I touched it a few times and indeed it hurt a bit. The thrown from ChangJo was totally strong. “OMG! My face.” I whined as it left marks on my face.

“Come here.. I’ll treat it..” he patted on his bed, asking me to sat there. I eventually went toward him and took a seat in front of him. He took out the things he bought to treat my wound.

“Slowly..” I said to him.

“Who asked you to dream at that time?” he sounded as he tease me while treating me.

“Ya~~” I whined at him while looking up at him. But… My heart beat faster when I noticed that our face is real close. He didn’t look at me as he was focus on my wound. I was too stunned at his great look which made me left speechless.

“It’s true.. You really thinking something else at that time. What’s that? What did you think about?”

“Huh?” the way he talk, every movement of his lips, I observed it all but I didn’t get what he asked just now.

“What did you think about?”

“A-about what?” did he caught me staring at him?

“When we’re playing just now.” he just finished treating me after putting the aid band on my wound. He looked at me but I looked away as if I was caught being red-handed staring at him.

“Um.. I.. I.. I’ve.. some problem.” I lied..

“What problem?”

“P-personal problem.”

“Alright.. I won’t force you.” he said but still looking at me as if he’s waiting for me to blurt it out. “Chanhee-ah..” he held my hand which made me look up at him but at the same time, my heart beat double or maybe triple time faster at his touch. “Thank you.. Thank you for wanted to be my friend. And introduce ChangJo to be my friend.”

“I-It’s fine. I-I just want.. to help you.” I stuttered just talking to him.

“Thank you, Chanhee-ah..” he pulled me into a hug. And it’s worst!! I’m sure that he’ll hear my heart beat which is going totally crazy right now.

“B-byunghun..” I pull out of the hug. I don’t want him to hear know how flustered I am right now. “I can’t breathe.” It’s a lie. He didn’t hug me that tight.

“Sorry..” it left us awkward after that. Only staring at each other sometimes.

“C-can we go down stair? ChangJo must be bored.”

“Alright.. Let’s go.”

--

“What have you two done up stair?” ChangJo teased both of us as we made our way joining him.

“What are you talking about?” Byunghun asked him. I know what he’s talking about but I just ignored it.

“Just forget it. What should we do now?”

“ChangJo! Don’t you have any homework to do?”

“I can do it tonight.. I also can do it next morning.”

“YA!!”

“Hyung~~ Are you kicking me out from here?” he looked at me as if he’s sad.

“Ne… You’re trouble kid.” I joked at him.

“Hyung~~” he put on his act, trying to be sad at my word.

“Ya! Ya!” Byunghun stopped both of us. “Why don’t you stay here for tonight?” both me and ChangJo shocked at his sudden suggestion. Both of us look at each other before looking at Byunghun suspiciously. 

“For real?” ChangJo asked him.

“Ne..” Byunghun confidently answered. He’s serious about it.

“Thank you, hyung~~ I would love to.” ChangJo rushed toward Byunghun and gave him a real tight hug. I’m happy to hear that Byunghun asked ChangJo to stay here for tonight. Spending our time together. But.. Today might be the last night I’ll be here as tomorrow, Ms. Han probably will come back.

“But…” ChangJo pulled away from the hug, listening to what Byunghun wanted to say. I also waited for him. “Just like what Chanhee want, do your homework.”

“What?!”

“Then I’ll take back my offer.. Just go back now.”

“Alright..” ChangJo gave up with a sighed. I’m happy that Byunghun side with me. “You two are same.” He looked like he’s sulked at both of us. But I just giggled at the sight of him. It looked cute though.

--

At that night, all of us gathered at Byunghun’s room. It’s not that he’s the one that invite us nor me that wanted to hang out there. ChangJo was the one that dragged me there and Byunghun even didn’t protest him either. We sat in circle on Byunghun’s bed. Talking some random things and it all started with ChangJo. And also ChangJo was the one that spill everything about me toward Byunghun. Not all but some.

“Hyung.. You know what.. Chanhee hyung is really popular at our school. Not the top famous but he’s among the famous people.”

“Really?”

“ChangJo!!!” I tried to stop him but he didn’t even look at me can just continue his story.

“But.. Unfortunately, he has never been in any relationship before.”

“YA!!! Why are you telling about me now?”

“You didn’t talk since we been here now. So, I might talk about you and finally you join us talking.”

“YA!!” I went toward him and gave him a head-lock, punching his arm as hard as I can but maybe it’s not that hard for him. I’m not that strong person.

“Hyung~~ Alright.. I’ll stop.” I released him and sat back at my place after gave him a serious glare. “Look like I can’t continue to talk about Chanhee hyung.” He complaint which I gave him a glare immediately.

“How about you then? You’d been in relationship?” Byunghun asked ChangJo.

“Yes… Once.. But. It’s over a long time ago.”

“You’d been in relationship before?” I was shocked to hear it from ChangJo himself. “Why don’t you tell me before?”

“You never asked me.”

“Who?”

“A girl.. Forget it.. It’s already past.. Now.. I’ll just focus on one person.”

“Girl? You’re straight? Or gay?” maybe that question sound a bit weird.

“Well.. Now.. Because I like that guy.. So what you think?”

“Alright.. I know.”

“You like guy?” Byunghun who’s out of the conversation for a while, asked ChangJo.

“Ne.. Don’t worry, hyung.. I won’t like you.”

“YA!!” Byunghun hit him hard on his arm. Maybe he’s stronger than me as ChangJo groaned in pain.

“Hyung?  How about your love life?” 

“Me?..” he paused for a while.. “I-I also haven’t been in any relationship before.”

“You and Chanhee hyung are really same.”

“YA!!” I yelled at him but he just clicked his tongue at me. “ChangJo!! Did you finish your homework?” I changed the topic and I also don’t want to continue this night talk. Byunghun probably wanted to have his sleep already.

“I finished it an hour ago.”

“Then.. Go sleep now.. We have school tomorrow.”

“But I want-“

“We can talk anytime. Let’s go.” I got off from the bed and pulled ChangJo along with me.

“Byunghun-ah.. We’ll go sleep now.. Good night..”

“Good night..” he said to us. I pulled ChangJo out of his room.

“Hyung~ I still-“

“Ya! Byunghun look tired.. He probably wanted to sleep already. You can talk with him again tomorrow.”

“You really care about him.” he walk pass me and went toward the room that I used. We shared it just for tonight. I admit that I care about Byunghun. Care him even more than the first time I wanted to help him. Care that might be other feeling inside me.