ByungHun?!

Fate.. Trust me..

It’s weekend!! I can get my rest today, spending my own time at my house. I’m alone at home now as omma is going to the shopping mall with appa. Of course I won’t disturb their date..

Now I’m lying on the bed, while playing with my own phone. Checking through my SNS or looking for any new gossips or hot news. It’s still 11 a.m. and I’m still taking my time with my phone. And it was disturbed by my own phone ringtone causing me to startle at the sudden call. I quickly received the call as I saw the dialler ID.

“M-miss…” I sat up on the bed, feeling nervous at the sudden call.

“Chanhee-ah.. I’m sorry for calling you suddenly.. Am I disturbing your sleep?”

“N-no.. I’m awake a while ago.”

“That’s good…” there’s a few silent before she continue again. “Chanhee-ah.. I’m sorry for asking this.. But.. I need your help..”

“My help?”

“Can you please come to my house now? The address I gave you last time..”

“B-but.. For what, Miss?”

“I told you about my nephew… I need you to help him now..”

“What can I help?”

“He look gloomy.. He doesn’t want to go out of his room.”

“But.. Why me?”

“You’re the same age as him and I think that you can persuade him. I’m begging you..” I was hesitated a bit but thinking about that guy staying in that condition, I really don’t want that guy to be in depressed. “Chanhee?” she called me as I stay silent, thinking about whether I should go or not.

“A-alright.. I’ll go..” I decided to go as I felt like I need to help this guy. Even though I wanted to have my weekend rest at my house, but something made me wanted to know this guy. And wanted to help him to get his old self.

 “Thank you, Chanhee-ah.. I’ll wait for you.” Ms. Han beamed happily, sounded excited at my decision.

“Ne.. I’ll get ready now.”

“Thank you for helping me.. Then, I’ll waiting for you.. Bye..” she said before hang up the phone. I heaved a heavy sigh before heading to my bathroom, taking a bath before going out. I’m the one that decide to help that guy, so I should sigh about it. Just go for it..

--

I arrived in front of their house after 10 minutes’ drive. There’s nothing to be worry about. I come here because I want to help Ms. Han and that guy. I take a breath before pointing out my finger to press the doorbell. It rang a few times until someone opened the door which is none other than Ms. Han.

“Oh! Chanhee…” she beamed happily when she saw me, greeting me with a very wide smile. “Come in…” she invited me inside which I followed suit. I took my seat as she led me to the couch. “Sit here first.. I’ll bring some drinks for you. By the way, I really thank you for willing to come here.”

“I’m willingly to help you, Miss.. I also want to help that guy.” She smiled at me before went to the kitchen which I guess she preparing drinks for me. I sat there, scanning around the entire house appearance. It’s really beautiful and lot of fancy decoration. There’s a lot of flower decoration at every corner of the house. Pictures everywhere, which I guess family photo.

I was about to stand up to take a look at the pictures, but Ms. Han arrival stopped me. “Chanhee.. Have a drink first.” She put a glass of orange juice on the table and sat at the other side. I took the glass and drink it. “I’m sorry for asking for your help at this weekend. But.. I can’t think of anyone else other than you. I can’t sure if the others will be willingly to help same as you.”

“It’s fine.. Besides, I’ve nothing to do today. Maybe I can help someone which is your nephew.”

“My nephew.. He doesn’t want to get out of his room. It just happens since yesterday. He suddenly locked himself inside. I put his food in front of his door but he never touch or maybe never open his door. I’m really worried.”

“Don’t you have spare key for his room?”

“That’s the problem.. I think that he already took the spare key with him before locking himself.”

“Can I meet him?” I felt impatient to meet that guy. Why is he acting like that suddenly? Is something bad happened?

“Ne..” Ms. Han stood up and I followed her from behind. She led to me to the up stair until we arrived in front of a room which is that guy’s room. “Byunghun-ah.. Come out please~ At least eat your food.. Byunghun-ah~” she tried calling him while knocking on the door but there’re no answer from the person inside. She looked at me worried. I make my move and stood near the door.

“E-emm… B-byunghun? Can’t you come out from your room? It’s not good to lock yourself inside.” I tried  to sound calm first. “I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you or interrupting about you.. But.. I don’t want you to lock yourself inside. I know we don’t know each other but… Please think about your aunt… She’s really worried about you. She’s becoming your mother slowly. Taking care-“ I got startled when I heard something heavy being thrown at the door. That guy seems mad.

“Byunghun-ah.. Are you fine? Byunghun-ah.. Don’t be like this.. Please come out.” Ms. Han already looked anxious from the sudden tantrum by that guy. I was also shocked by the sudden anger. “Byunghun-ah.. Please~~” I notice that Ms. Han is in the verge of tears.

I make my move without thinking twice, kicking hard the door until it burst opened. It is dark with all the windows and curtain closed. Both of us walked inside, searching for any figure inside the room.

“Byunghun-ah… Byunghun..” Ms. Han called out his name, scanning around the room. I also searching around but then fall down when I stepped on something. I fall down on my with a loud hit sound. But then, I felt like there’s someone in front of me. Someone that is hugging his knees while buried his head on his knees.

“B-byunghun?” I handed out my hand and held his hand. Ms. Han rushed toward me when she heard me calling out Byunghun name.

“Byunghun! Why are you like this?” she hugged that guy and from that I know that she’s relief that he’s safe.

“I miss omma appa…” that guy said with a really soft voice. I barely heard it as his head is hung down. There’s an awkward silence for a while because of the mention of his parent. We knew that they’re already gone but… hearing from this guy the he missed his parent, made me wanted to help him to slowly forget about it.

“I also miss them.. We both miss them.. They probably miss you also..” Ms.  Han tried to calm him down. She’s hugging him tight, patting his back in a while. “I’ll bring something for you to eat.” She stood up and left both of us alone.

“B-byunghun?” I tried calling him because I wanted to see his face but it’s a little hard to notice because it is dark in the room. “I’ll turn on the light..” I was about to stood up but then he held my wrist, stopping me from getting up.

“No.. Just let it be.” I sat back in front of him, holding back his hand that was on my wrist.

“A-are you fine?” I tried to match eyes with him but I can’t totally see his face. “I’m sorry if I’m being rude.. but… it’s not good to be like this.. You can’t live like this.. Crying over something that had past..”

He finally looked up at me and even in the dark, I can felt that he’s glaring at me.

“PAST?! What do you know about me? You know nothing!!” he yelled at me.

“I-it’s true that I know nothing about you.. But.. About your parent-“

“WHAT ABOUT MY PARENT?!”

“A-alright.. I’m sorry… I’m at fault. I shouldn’t talk about your parent.. I’m just a stranger here. Sorry.” I apologised to him as I know that he seemed like he would get mad about this.

“W-who are you?” he asked me with a low voice, different than before.

“Sorry for not introducing myself. I’m Lee Chanhee.. Ms. Han asked me to come here to help you.”

“Help me?”

“She’s worried that you won’t come out of your room.” 

“W-who are you to her? B-boyfriend?”

“NO! I’m her student.”

“Byunghun.. I bring your favourite food.” Ms. Han finally entered, bringing along a tray of foods for Byunghun. I step aside a bit to let her prepared the food. It look like Byunghun won’t budge from his place so she just place it on the floor.

“Why aren’t you eat?” I asked as I saw he just staring at the food. Instead of answering me, he just shook his head.

“Wae? You don’t like this food? Want me to cook something else?” Ms. Han asked her in worries.

“Just eat it.. Your aunt cooked it for you. Don’t waste it.”

“Wait.. I’ll turn on the light.”  Ms. Han stood up and quickly turn the light on before both of us can protest her. Just now, Byunghun don’t want the light on but we’re late to stop her.

“Byu-“ I was about to tell Ms. Han but when I turned back to look at Byunghun when the light turn on, I left speechless and dumbfounded. Did I see the right one?