Trip 102: losing and gaining

Front Row
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun was talking so fast. She caught few words. He kept glancing at her in a serious face.
"What did she say?" she asked when he hang up.
"You're going to see your mother?"
"Oh," she nodded with excitement.
"dad, can you drop us at the hospital?" he asked his dad.
"Lee Jong Hyun," it's the first time she called him by his name since they met at the airport. "What is it?"
"She said you have to go straight to the hospital." Jong Hyun half lied.
"Oh. that's what they told me when I just arrived. Thanks,"
Jong Hyun can't keep still. He lied to the girl next to her. Truth is, the lady on the phone said she had to hurry if she wanted to see her mother alive. "Dad, ahm, I am accompanying her. She can't speak Korean well. I'll take the taxi home," he told his dad when they parked infront of the hospital.
Louie was hesitant to enter the room. She don't know what to expect.
"comeon, this is why you travel miles" Jong Hyun encouraged.
She made a deep breath and pushed the glass door. A nurse was sitting beside the patient. Jong Hyun explained something to the nurse and she left the room.
Louie was shaking as she approached the bed. "he.. hello" she stammered.
The lady was clueless of who she was and just stared at her.
Without warning Louie threw herself and knelt hugging the patient. "oma.oma" she started crying.
The patient raised her hand gently and placed it on Louie head. She her head lovingly. Louie looked up and smiled. "oma,"
The monitors started beeping and flashing. The nurse who was with her earlier was the first to respond."I'm sorry. You have to leave"
Jong Hyun asked why and the nurse rapidly explained the situation and opened the glass door for them. He helped Louie to her feet and walked out of the room. Doctors and nurses were rushing to the door.
"what 'going on" she panicked. She somehow has an idea but don't want to think it was happening. It's too early and she just met her mother in less than 10 minutes.
They haven't sat down on the bench when the doctors came out in a sad face. Jong Hyun asked and his face shows it.
"what happened?" Louie asked the doctor bravely .
Before the doctor could answer Jong Hyun pulled her into his arms.
"I'm sorry" she heard the doctor say and walked away.
The agency told her about her mother's condition and warned her that she might not be able to see her alive. That's why she flew to Korea as fast as she could. She cried on Jong Hyun's chest silently. "I'm going to my hotel. Thank you for helping me."
"Do you want me to come with you?"
Louie looked at him in bewilderment "what's this idol doing?"
"Your luggage is still in my dad's car."
She forgot about it. "can you ask your dad to drop it at my hotel,"
Jung Hyun flagged a taxi and directed it to their house. "we'll pick it up and I'll drop you in your hotel."
Jong Hyun's family were all in the living room when they arrived. His mom was looking at him demanding an explanation.
He hugged her mother tightly. "Your son is rescuing a damsel in distress. She came to find her mother but she passed away as soon as she saw her" he whispered.
Her mother's face suddenly changed and pushed Jong Hyun. "poor girl. Come here. Come here." she hugged Louie. "Jong Hyun prepare the guest room"
Louie caught it and she smiled. "I already booked a hotel room" she said in Japanese.
Jong Hyun explained that she's more fluent in Japanese than Korean. "we're picking her stuff and I'm dropping her off at her hotel"
" but she's. ."
"mom she grew up in the states. It's different"
His mom didn't argue further.

"Thank you very much" Louie was emotional. Jong Hyun came up with him to her room. "It's such an honor to meet you and I am so elated that an idol had been helping me" she scribbled something on the notepad she found on the bedside table. "If ever you find yourself in Canada, please do look for me" she handed him the note pad. "well, I know your status but in case you need help."
"oh mom, she's gone," her mom called. "Few minutes after I saw her," she bit her lips.
"I'm so sorry honey. Dad and I are coming..."
"no need mom. I'm coming home in 2 days."
"but honey, aren't you. ."
"nobody knew my existence. I'll just go to the wake tomorrow and fly back home right away," she was on the brink of crying.
"Are you sure you're okay" her mom was worried
"Mom, your daughter is a strong girl. I am and please don't worry too much. I'll see you in 3 days" she hang up.
She turned to Jong Hyun."I really appreciate it. I apologize for taking you away from your family" She doesn't want to broke down infront of her idol.
Jong Hyun got up and ready to leave. "How long will you be staying?"
"3 days"
"okay. Rest well" he left.

She left Korea after paying respect to her birth mother. She busied herself with work and traveling around the country and sometimes going to the states with Kathlyn.

"I'm home" she took off her sandals. "mommy, we got visi....holy mother of..." she stepped back and hold at the counter. "oh my God! what are you???" she ran and jumped at Yong Hwa, throwing a hug. She's like a girl who haven't seen her brother for years. She didn't cared if they are idols. They were in her house. Right infront of her. "oh my God! Jung Yong Hwa oppa" she released him. She was so excited. "Min Hyuk!" she shrieked. "oh my God, Jung Shin, " Jung shin gave her the hug. "Well, hello Jong Hyun. Seriously? CNBlue in my house" she pulled a chair beside Jong Hyun. " mommy, I must have save the world in my previous life"
"There she goes again with her drama line" her mom said in Korean and rolled her eyes.
"Why didn't you call me?"
"I was about to but they said they wanted to surprise you?"
"How did you guys managed to make it here safely?" she asked them in Japanese.
"korea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter