Chapter 11

The Talking Book

“I saw myself lying on the ground and disappearing. I’m leaving soon, Jin.” He smiled at her, a broken and tired smile from his lips that no longer had color. “I’m dying soon…”

Jin looked at the floor as her eyes filled with tears. He could see the future? He knew what was going to happen? Isn’t it too early?

“Are you stupid or what?” She shouted at the freezing mess below her. “It’s been only a month! You still have two months time!”

“You mean one month and some weeks because I lost a week of my lifetime!” He said while his teeth kept chattering.

“So?”

“So?” Jongin repeated with a high pitched voice. “So that means that I will die earlier and won’t enjoy my last time on Earth.”

“You really are afraid of time, aren’t you?” Jin laughed before glaring at him. “Someone who can teleport through time and go wherever he wants is afraid of time. This is so ridiculous! Have you ever thought of teleporting to the times you liked the most so you can change the future? Why are you pessimistic? There’s always a way out of a problem…” She yelled at him before she said the last sentence with a lower voice. Jongin looked at her as she talked to him, full of hopes, something he definitely needed.

“Having big hopes… Aren’t you afraid you’ll get disappointed and hurt one day? Everyday?” He asked as she gave him a weird look.

“I’ve been disappointed and sad so many times, almost everyday but I still find happiness in it. Some things were meant to be like this. Maybe it was meant for you to be stupid and date Seohyun!” She crossed her arms and turned her head a little bit so he wouldn’t see the tears that were ready to fall from her eyes.

But he saw it, and leaned forward to wipe her tears away. As soon as his skin touched hers, he start to feel warm and he looked at her wide-eyed.

“I’m starting to feel cold lately… but why do I feel warm again when I touch you?” He asked out loud -without noticing- as he remembered the time when his hands disappeared and her kiss made him feel ten times better.

“Maybe because I’m hot?” She cracked a joke but his eyes blinked cutely.

“You read minds?” He almost shouted but when he saw her laughing his heart started beating again.

“You said your thoughts out loud, stupid!” She laughed and then looked at the ground. With his hands still on her cheeks, he made her look at him.

“There’s a time I regret a lot. And that was some days ago when I left you behind for Seohyun. And then today… when I accepted her. Baekhyun opened my eyes but… what did you do? He kissed you?” He furrowed his eyebrows as his face was dangerously close to hers, but he was amazed by her beautiful eyes and couldn’t bring himself to look somewhere else but her eyes.

“It- it was all planned. Baekhyun told me that he wanted to make you realize how something meant a lot to you but I didn’t get what.” She stuttered and Jongin chuckled lightly. Of course he knew what that something was.

“Jin-ah, I’m going to stay with Seohyun for some days but then I’ll tell her that I can’t date her anymore and… I’ll ask you to forgive me.” He stood up but Jin grabbed his hand before he could try to leave.

“You don’t have to ask me to forgive you.” She blushed and looked at him with guilt. “You aren’t mad at me?”

“Why would I be mad at you?” He was now in front of her and playing with her hands.

“Because I know everything about you and I might’ve broken a rule.”

“You didn’t break any rule. But you know that you shouldn’t read the fourth chapter, right? Maybe there’s a way to live… There’s a way to enjoy this life, together.” He smiled and so did she. That was the happiest moment they spent together. And it felt so right. The word “together” coming out of Jongin’s mouth sounded so right.

“Jongin, do you believe me?” She asked again, sounding unsecure of what he was feeling and thinking of her.

“With all my heart.” He said and leaned forward to kiss her forehead, eyes, nose but then when he leaned lower –still with closed eyes– he stopped before kissing her on the lips. He rubbed their noses together when suddenly the main door opened and because of the steps they knew it was Baekhyun.

“Hey, is everything al–” He stopped and suddenly Jongin turned around slowly to look at Baekhyun who was blinking.

“Hehe.” Jongin rubbed the back of his neck and Jin cleared .

“Right.” He said after a long moment of silence and smiled at them before walking back at the door. “Can someone feel happy and sad at the same time?” Baekhyun whispered but Jongin heard him.

“Yes, he can!” He shouted and Baekhyun chuckled.

“Thanks, Jongin! Baekhyun shouted back and Jin told Jongin that she would follow her best friend.

“I’m sorry for everything.” Jongin whispered to himself and walked out of the RV.

“Honey! Everyone’s worried because they saw you disappearing. What happened?” Seohyun asked but he ruffled her hair and grinned.

“Nothing babe. Let’s go for a swim.”

 

 

“Why are they still together? I thought he-” Baekhyun shouted as he was about to run towards them and drag Jongin and Seohyun out of the sea.

“Wait, wait, wait!” She ran after him and stopped him. “I need to tell you what happened.” And so she started explaining and Baekhyun nodded every time he approved what one of them had said.

“He better stop their “relationship” when it’s the right time.” Baekhyun crossed his arms and decided to sit on the sand.

“We should start working on the essay.” Jin suggested as she sat next to him cross-legged.

“No, it’s still early.” Baekhyun said with a fear in his voice.

“Whoa, Baekhyun who loves to write essays doesn’t want to finish his work.” Jin applauded before hitting his arm. “Whatever, I am lazy too. And we’ll definitely remember what happened all this time when we start writing it.”

“We’ll remember it for our whole life.” Baekhyun said as he looked at the sea and some thoughts crossed his mind. He furrowed his eyebrows when he remembered what happened some hours ago.

 

 

“If it’s because I love Seo-” He fell on his knees, placing a hand over his chest and he started breathing heavily, almost not breathing at all. He looked up at Baekhyun who quickly helped him up, threw his arm around his own neck and shouted at the girls to not follow him. Jin grabbed Seohyun’s wrist to stop her from following them but she managed to run after them. Baekhyun felt like there was a pair of eyes looking at them but he tried to push that thought away, until Jongin told him that he heard a crack. Baekhyun looked behind him and he saw someone hiding behind the fridge and her hair was long and blonde, so he definitely knew who that was.

“Listen to me,” Baekhyun then leaned forward to whisper to Jongin that someone was following them and that they should be more careful.

“After yelling at me you lower your voice too much.” Jongin joked and followed Baekhyun who left the RV.

 

He let out a long sigh before the shouting of Donghae caught his attention.

“Peasants!” He kept calling and everyone gathered around him. “Go take a shower and wear clothes because we’re going for shopping! Then we’ll turn back here and if some people want to sleep outside, then you’re free to. If you want to go somewhere far, then go, but I want you here by 9 am because we’re going to leave for somewhere else. I’m saying this earlier cause I know you won’t listen to me later. Now, go! Shoo, shoo.”

“Who does he think he is?”

“Omg he’s so funny!”

“Dongdong, teach me how to be cool!”

Jin shook her head along with Baekhyun as they heard the stupid talks of some students.

“I miss EXO.” Jin said out of nowhere and Baekhyun chuckled.

“We’ll meet them soon, don’t worry.” He smirked, knowing what the boys were doing now.

 

At the University.

 

“Please! We’ll be good boys just let us join them!” Chanyeol begged at the professor as she kept shaking her head and saying “no” every single time.

“When the owner of the University comes back from vacations, I’ll tell him that you sent your husband to take care of your class instead of going with them! You’re also hitting on Jongin and-” Chen said while smirking when suddenly they heard a familiar voice.

“May I know why you’re in the hallway and talking to these students?” The owner of the University, Mister Lu Han asked.

She looked at the boys who were grinning and she gave up.

“Fine, go with them tomorrow. Now I need to make an excuse for not going with my students.” She whispered at them as they cheered. “Oh, Mister Lu Han, it’s been a while.” She faked a smile.

 

 

 

“You look weak.” Baekhyun walked towards his RV with Jongin.

“Yeah… So?” The latter asked and Baekhyun gave him a weird look.

“So? This means you should stay with Jin so she can make you feel better.”

“After I end things with Seohyun.” Jongin added.

“I didn’t mean that. I mean, you can sleep with her instead of me. Change RVs.” He smirked and Jongin’s lips formed a ‘o’ shape.

“Sweet.” He grinned.

 

 

 

“Da ra dat dat dat dat dat dat baby don’t worry.” Jin was singing Winner’s Empty as she opened the door of the bathroom with towels on one arm. She stepped inside when suddenly she saw Jongin coming out of the shower and the towels fell from her hands. She quickly turned around and closed the door before she leaned against it.

“I’m so lucky I didn’t see anything…” She let out a breath she didn’t know she was keeping when suddenly the door opened and she fell backwards, Jongin catching her and pushing her against the wall.

“You should knock first, you kno-” He smirked when suddenly he heard a loud scream.

“What are you guys doing together?” Donghae covered his eyes and Jongin tried to control his laughter.

“I have a towel… And she fell so I caught her. Go take a shower JinJin-ah.” He grinned and walked away.

“That punk.” Donghae shook his head and asked Jin if she was fine but she just nodded in return.

 

“Damned Kim Jongin!” 

 


A/N: I don't write Author Notes a lot... But if you want me to, just say so hehe. So, I wanted to thank you for supporting this fanfic! I'm really thankful^^ Hopefully you'll like it till the end~