Chapter 02

The Talking Book

“You look sad. What’s wrong?” Jongin asked. He sat on one of the chairs in the dining table while Jin sat in front of him. She grabbed the milk bottle and poured the milk on the cereals in her bowl and Jongin did the same.

“Joongki’s mother decided to move into another neighborhood… So I can’t meet Joongki anymore starting now.” She sighed when she heard Joongki’s mother shouting at him outside.

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and coughed, “Who’s Joongki?”

“My 12 years old neighbor.” She raised an eyebrow and Jongin laughed awkwardly.

“I see…” He smiled awkwardly and started eating his breakfast.

“Why did you sleep at the couch?” After some minutes of silence, Jin decided to break the ice.

“Because I didn’t know where to sleep… And because I slept later than you and I didn’t want to disturb you.” He blinked when Jin laughed at him.

“Just because I close the door doesn’t mean I’m sleeping.” Kai nodded and told her he will remember for next time.

 

 

“Did you read the book?” He asked Jin after she came out of her room. “Oh, you took a shower?”

“Yeah I read the first 100 pages. It’s sad how the people at the village thought that he was a monster just because he could teleport.” She shook her head and smiled at him. “How about you take a shower too?”

 

While Jongin was taking a shower, Jin realized that their conversations were a bit awkward and staying at their house the whole day was a little boring too. So she decided they should hang out and enjoy their morning outside in the big city of Seoul.

“Yo! Jonginnie! I got my three months vacations today! The library is closing temporarily. How about we go get some coffee?” She asked him as soon as he entered the living room.

“Jonginnie?” He smirked, “When do you start school, JinJin?”

“Oh come on now! I was joking! Don’t give me stupid nicknames!” Jin crossed her arms and looked at the side. “It starts two weeks later, so I have time to enjoy my full vacations. Want to come or not?”

“Of course I will.” He grinned and opened the apartment’s door. “Let’s go?”

“First we’ll go at the mall.” She looked at him from head to toe and grabbed her wallet. “I’m going to buy you clothes.”

“Dude, are you in your right state of mind? I have money and I have clo- ok, I don’t have clothes, but I can buy them some other time!” He pouted and Jin laughed at his cuteness.

“Another time? Who are you playing with, Kim Jongin? You’ll get clothes and you’ll change into them, I’ll pay for the drinks.” She closed the apartment door and entered the elevator. “Don’t look at me like that. You said you have money.”

 

 

 

“Saving money for something else? Ha. Ha.” She glared at him and pouted. “Now I don’t have money for drinks.”

“Here,” Jongin handed her the money of the clothes he bought.

“What are you doing?” She blinked at him and he chuckled.

“Giving you the money I should’ve used. I wanted to see how much you trust me, and being able to pay for my clothes too? Whoa, you really trust people a lot.”

“Some times you make me think like I shouldn’t trust you. But I don’t know why I’m curious and I don’t even know why I’m doing this.” She sighed and looked at her right to see Jongin looking at her with a smile plastered on his face. “Perhaps, am I too nice for a human being?” She chuckled and walked forward while Jongin didn’t move an inch. He didn’t realize he had stopped breathing, so he quickly ran towards her and turned her around by the shoulder.

“You sca-”

“It’s getting late. Let’s take the coffees with us and you show me the beauty of Seoul.”

 

 

They left the house in the morning so they could drink coffee, but they ended up shopping for Jongin. They left the house to sit at a coffee shop, but they’re wandering around the streets with coffees in their hands as they admire the sky and the beauty of Seoul at night.

“Let’s sit and then go home. I’m not feeling well.” Jongin looked at their knees which were touching as they sat on a bench not too far from their apartment.

“Yeah, I’m not feeling well too. Is it because we didn’t eat lunch and drank coffee with an empty stomach?” She asked as she kicked the ground with her feet.

“Stop it! You’re going to hurt the ants.” He pretended to glare at her but ended up laughing when she looked at the ground in worry.

“Do you think I hurt many of them? Am I a bad person?”

“No… But you’re the stupidest one I’ve ever met.” He ruffled her hair and sighed.

“Jongin, why did you say you’re saving money? Are you going somewhere or?” She asked and he chuckled at her.

“I think you want to ask something else. Like, where am I from? Why I am here? And do I go to school?. I’m going to answer the last one only. I’m saving money so I can go at the same school as you. My dream is to publish a book in English. But for that I need to study English Literature, don’t I?” He smirked and stood up from his seat. “Let’s go.”

 

 

400 years ago, the day a second turned from 60 to 61, a baby was born under the moonlight. It grew up to be a loyal man, someone girls dreamt to have, someone who was wanted by every man so they could be allies and destroy the evil… Not knowing that the evil was they. The boy trusted people easily, as long as they were nice and kind, as long as he was good to them, they would be the same, he thought. And so he spilled a secret and did a mistake he shouldn’t have done.

 

 

After he told the secret to one of the man he trusted the most, he ended up suffering even though he was the savior of them all. The poor boy got stuck in the wormhole, a short cut through the space-time continuum. He was given a chance to visit Earth only four times, so he decided to visit it only once in one hundred years.

 

A chance was given to him. If he finds the girl of his life before he completes four times, then he will be able to live a normal life with her… Just like he always dreamt.

 

And so his adventures began.

 

 

“What are you doing?”

“Ah! You scared me!” Jin closed the book and glared at Jongin. “What do you want?”

“You just started reading the book! You cheater! 100 pages my foot.” He scoffed and crossed his arms.

“Oh come on! I’m sorry! I was sleepy last night so I couldn’t read it.”

“But how did you know about the people at the village thinking he was a monster because he could teleport?” He leaned forward and tilted his head.

“I read a bit from the second chapter.” She blushed and looked down.

“Don’t anymore. Don’t.” He furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards the fridge. He opened it and grabbed a bottle of water. “You look cute when you’re blushing.”

“I see you want to sleep at the couch again.” She crossed her arms and smirked.

“No, thanks. I’d rather sleep in your bed.”

“Yah! Kim Jongin!”