Chapter 08

The Talking Book

“I am so stupid.” Jongin hid his face in his hands as a tear fell from his eyes. He was at a park drinking coffee and blaming himself for making Jin sad. He cursed his brain for being so stupid, and because he couldn’t control his powers, Seoul had to suffer from a blackout. He stood up and his feet started walking without him having to control them.

 

“I’m scared.” Jin fell on the ground and wrapped her arms around her knees and hid her face. “I’m so scared.” She said like a baby who was scared of the darkness and Baekhyun hugged her from behind, whispering a;

“Don’t worry. I’ll hold you tight.”

Jin always suffered from nyctophobia –fear of darkness– and if she didn’t have someone by her side or at least a little bit of light, she would start shaking and hide herself from everyone. Right now she was more than thankful to have Baekhyun by her side.

Suddenly the door opened and Jongin entered in, standing in shock when he saw Jin on her knees while Baekhyun was hugging her from behind. The lights and he saw the tears on her cheeks.

“Baekhyun?” He looked at the guy who didn’t bother to move. “What’s wrong?”

“Everything’s wrong.” Baekhyun glared at him and helped Jin to stand up. “And we don’t need you to fix them.” He continued when he saw Jongin opening his mouth to talk.

“Hyung.” Jongin spoke with a monotone voice, showing that he was mad.

“Guys, stop it.” Jin glared at the both of them and wiped away her tears. “It’s my fault for being scared of the dark and it’s my fault for being blind.” She sarcastically laughed at the last part and looked up at Jongin. “Jongin-ssi, if you want to eat you should go buy dinner because there were no lights for me to cook. And, BaebyBaek,” She turned around to smile at him. “Thanks for always being by my side.”

The latter nodded and said he had to go back home while Jongin was left dumbfounded. He looked up from the ground to see Jin wearing her coat and scarf and grabbing her bag.

“I don’t know about you but I feel like taking the air at the moment.” She smiled at Jongin and walked past him, leaving him alone in their house.

“It’s not my fault!” He shouted and Jin heard him because she was leaning on her apartment’s door. “It’s not my fault for being born like this! It’s not my fault that the blackout happened! It’s not my fault that I left Jin behind because of Seohyun! It’s not… my fault.” He cried and fell on the ground while Jin walked away with tears on her eyes.

 

 

“I knew he didn’t feel anything for me. The only thing he feels is pity.”

 

 

Jin didn’t realize someone was following her. Neither did she realize that she was too far away from home. After realizing that she meant nothing to Jongin and that she couldn’t help him live, she decided to give up on him and act with him like she was sharing her house with someone who needed it. Something they should’ve been since the beginning.

 

Suddenly some people ran towards her and when she turned around, someone put a blindfold on her head to disable her sight and the other one tied her wrists and ankles while the last one held her on his arms and threw her on the back seat of their car. She moved and tried to scream but in the end she ended up fainting.

The girl next to her smirked and looked at the three guys who helped her, victory shining in her eyes.

 

 

When Jin opened her eyes, she found herself in the front seat of a car, wrists and ankles tied but luckily she didn’t have the blindfold. When she looked in front she started screaming because she couldn’t ride the car and because she was on a hill where the car could fall somewhere near the centre of Seoul.

“Kim Jongin!” She shouted and screamed his name when suddenly someone appeared in front of her and stretched his hands to stop the car. She didn’t see the person’s face but by the clothes and the way he appeared in front of her, she thought she had an idea of who it was. She found a way to unfold her hands and then her ankles and ran outside, but the person wasn’t there anymore. She checked the damaged front of the car and found out that some small pieces of glass were missing while there was blood on a part of the car. She looked far in the distance and spotted a figure with long hair looking at her. Jin straightened up and walked towards the person who she supposed was a female but she ran away. With a sigh she tried to find her way back home.

 

“What happened to you? Do you know how late it is? What if a guy tried to do something to you?” Jongin shouted at her when she came back home but she looked at him with a “stop it” look and he didn’t talk anymore.

“So now you care. Or maybe you cared some hours ago.” She looked down at his hand then back at his eyes. He saw his hand with bandages and the little blood stains on it. Trying to hide it, he thought of an excuse.

“What happened to your hand, Jongin-ssi?”

“I cut it.” He tried to remain as monotone as possible but the playful look on Jin’s eyes scared him.

“What a big cut.” She sat on the couch in the living room and tied her hair up in a ponytail. She looked at the long forgotten book in top of the table while Jongin followed her gaze and looked at it too.

“Because of that book. Because of you,” She looked up at Jongin and laughed lightly “all this is happening.”

“Jin?”

“Come here.” She mentioned him to sit on the couch next to her. She held his hurt hand and tried putting some medicine on it so it wouldn’t remain there for too long. “Were you the one who saved me?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I got into an accident an hour ago and there was someone who saved me. I found blood on the car and some pieces of glass were missing, and one of them is right there on the floor.” She looked at the floor and Jongin looked at her wide-eyed.

“You got into an accident? I can’t believe it! Why didn’t you… call… me?” He looked down on the floor, feeling bad that he forgot to give her his phone number.

“Stop changing the topic!” She shouted at him, “You never told me you got a phone! How the heck would I know?” She took a deep breath before hugging him.

“Let’s not be like this again. I don’t want to see you hurt…” Jongin kissed the top of her head and told her it was time to sleep since they had class tomorrow.

In the next chapters

 

 

“Seohyun?” Baekhyun called her name when he saw her waiting outside for him.

“I did something bad to Jin so she would stop hanging around Jongin. But it didn’t work… Because someone saved her.” She confessed and Baekhyun looked at her like he was ready to murder her.

“So it was you.” He said through gritted teeth while he clenched his fists.

“But the person who saved her. Looked like him.”

“So what if it looked like him? People say that there are seven people in the whole world who look like you.”

“Baekhyun-ssi. I heard a bit of your conversation with Kim Jongin that day.”

 

 

“You have to work on a project and you’ll be divided in groups with four people. Let’s start with the names;” And so the professor started calling four names and telling their group’s name, like; Group A, Group B etc.

“Kim Jongin, Byun Baekhyun, Park Seohyun and Jin will be in Group H.”

 

 

“It’s been two months already… Do you think I should–”

“As much jealous as I might be, I don’t want you to go like that. You still have a chance, Jongin. And even if you don’t, you should enjoy your life like it’s the last day.”