Chapter 09

The Talking Book

“Stop changing the topic!” Jin shouted at Jongin, tears falling from her eyes. “You never told me you got a phone! How the heck would I know?” She took a deep breath before lowering her head and hugging him.

“Jin-ah, let’s not be like this again. I don’t want to see you hurt…” Jongin kissed the top of her head and told her it was time to sleep since they had class tomorrow morning, but Jin shook her head.

“I won’t go to sleep like this! Give me your phone number!” She crossed her arms and Jongin started laughing. He fixed the bandage around his hand and took out his phone from his pocket.

“Here, get my number. If you want you can block Seohyun too.” They laughed and Jin shook her head, telling him she wasn’t that mean.

 

“Maybe… He doesn’t pity me, for being alone and having no female friends. Maybe he does care but doesn’t show it. Or doesn’t know how to show it.” Jin thought before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

 

 

 

“Good morning!” The professor greeted once she entered the room and looked at Jongin with a grin. She started talking about the day’s lesson and when it was time for her class to end, she gave an announcement.

“You have to work on a project and you’ll be divided in groups with four people. Let’s start with the names first, then I’ll tell you what the project is about.” And so the professor started calling four names and telling their group’s name, like; Group A, Group B etc.

“Kim Jongin, Byun Baekhyun, Park Seohyun and Jin will be in Group H.” She said out loud for the whole class to hear and once she finished all the groups, she asked if they wanted to change anything. Everyone stayed silent so she took that as a no and started explaining what the project was about.

“Next week we’ll be able to see the Supermoon! I wanted to you to take pictures, explain how your day started and explain everything about the moon, how you felt and then how you ended that day. Everything is in English, ok?” She smiled and grabbed her books. “Does anybody have any question?”

“You can see it by yourself, why do we have to explain it to you?” Baekhyun crossed his arms and the professor glared at him.

“I see you want your group to get a F.” She warned with a serious look before smiling again. “Adios!”

 

“That woman is weird.” Jongin shook his head and Jin chuckled.

 

 

Suddenly while the whole class was at the cafeteria, the professor ran inside and shouted;

“You have to go on a journey for this! You will have one week to go wherever you want but together as a class! My husband who is a physical education teacher will take care of you! Have a great one week vacation!”

Everyone looked at each other and blinked. They were happy that they had a one week vacation but why did her husband have to come with them? Maybe because…

“Don’t tell me your husband is coming because we’ll be staying out in the nature?!” Jongin shouted and the professor turned around with a grin.

“Jongin, you’re so smart! He’s coming so you have fun in the nature and do some games.” And almost everyone fainted…

 

 

“Are you guys ready?” A guy who looked like he was in his early 30’s shouted and everyone from the class turned around to see a good looking guy with a nice body standing in front two huge RVs. “I’m Donghae and I’m the physical education teacher. Those who like me can call me DongDong, I’m nice like that. So, peasants, who has a driver license.”

Some laughed while the rest just stared at him with a really-bro? look. Six people raised their hand, showing him that they had a driver’s license so he took three people at the right RV and three people at the left so they could change turns when one was tired.

“The rest go inside and choose your bed! You have to share it because we don’t have enough beds for twenty-eight people. Let’s have fun now!” And so everyone ran inside while Group H walked slowly towards the right RV.

“Jongin! You will go at the left RV with Seohyun! Baekhyun and Jin stay at he right one.” DongDong shouted, shocking the three of them except Seohyun who was rather happy.

“Sure!” She shouted and linked arms with Jongin, dragging him towards the entrance. Baekhyun looked at Jin who shook her head and told him to go inside.

“We’ll share the same bed?” Baekhyun asked Jin and the latter nodded. Jongin asked Seohyun the same and she nodded happily. “Let’s just… sleep now and then see this huge RV. It’s 6:30 am and I’m dying for sleep.” Baekhyun sat on the bed which was pretty small for two people but since they were thin, he thought they could fit in.

“Me too.” Jin nodded and they fell asleep together.

“No.” On the other hand, Jongin was being all grumpy because he didn’t want to sleep with Seohyun.

“Why?!” She shouted at him.

“I just don’t want to!”

“Then go sleep with your Jin!”

“I would if she was here!” He looked at the ground because of what he said and because he shouted at Seohyun. She looked like she was boiling from angriness but she tried to control herself.

“Fine. Do what you want.” She lay on the bed and turned his back at him. Because he felt guilty, he joined her and said;

“I’ll just… sleep.”

 

Almost everyone woke up by 12:30 PM while the rest woke up later. Baekhyun and Jin were two of the sleepyheads. They woke up by 2 PM because they stayed awake till 3 AM last night and when they looked around, they realized that everyone was outside. Donghae said they were going to stay at that beach that day then the next day they would go at another beach again. Everyone went inside the sea to swim but Baekhyun and Jin decided to just walk on the seashore. Even though they were wearing their swimming trucks, they didn’t feel like joining the idiots who kept splashing each other with water and some others probably drowning because they didn’t know how to swim.

Meanwhile, Jongin and Seohyun were still on their bed but they were both awake. Seohyun suddenly stretched her arm and hugged Jongin who almost fell from the bed because he got startled.

“Jongin...?” She asked him but he didn’t reply. “Do you like Jin?”

“I don’t!” He replied almost immediately, shaking his head after what he did.

“Then… Do you want to date?” She grinned and Jongin didn’t know what to say. He thought that maybe this was his last chance, and even if she couldn’t read his book, he could enjoy the feeling of being in love with her. She didn’t seem bad after all… Maybe it was the fact that Jin didn’t like her that made Jongin feel the same way too.

“Yes.” And so he decided to give it a try.

“Jongin?”

“Baekhyun? What are you doing here?”

“I came here to call you to join us but I see you’re having fun with your girlfriend.” He emphasized the word “girlfriend” and smirked. “I think… you’re making the most wrong move in your life. And you know what Jongin?” He took a deep breath as he saw the shocked look in Jongin’s eyes. “You started you first chapter with wrong moves and you’ll end your life the same way.”

As harsh as it may have sounded, it was the reality Jongin needed to know. Being scared that he could hurt others, or keep his identity a secret because he didn’t want to get hurt, he got blind and didn’t see who and what was there for him to make his life better. And when he has found it, he cannot see it.

 

“Baekhyun?” Jin looked at him with worry when he walked towards her. He grabbed her hand and dragged her somewhere away from the ears of their classmates. “Baek, what’s wrong?”

“If I tell you, don’t get sad, mad or anything else, alright? You still have me by your side and… I can help you with everything you want. I will-”

“Baekhyun!” She shouted and he blurt it out;

“Jongin started dating Seohyun!”

“What…?”