Chapter 07

The Talking Book

“Baekhyun, open the goddamn phone right now.” Jin half whispered half shouted when she dialed Baekhyun’s number and waited for him to pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Baekhyun! Jongin’s hands just disappeared! I’m making it look like I can see his hands so he won’t feel suspicious but it’s killing me! What do I do?” She asked with teary eyes and Baekhyun already knew she needed a negative answer to make her cry. Or a positive answer to help her out.

“Kiss him.” He whispered but his voice came out hoarse.

“What?” She couldn’t believe what he said.

“Just a peck on the cheek or on the lips wherever you want.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and he was glad that Jin couldn’t see him. “Have to go. Bye-bye.”

He couldn’t deny he was jealous.

 

“I’m ready.” He smiled at her when he walked out of the house. Jin grinned and nodded.

“Before we go, I lost a bet with Chanyeol so I have to kiss you on the cheek.” Jin blushed and Jongin laughed at her cuteness.

“Yeah, I don’t mind.”

So Jin grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him down. She smiled at him and was about to peck him on the cheek when suddenly a police car passed by and Jongin turned to look at it, so Jin ended up kissing him on the lips accidentally.

“I am so sorry! Oh my goodness. Jongin forgive me! It’s my fau-” She was apologizing but Jongin waved his hands in a denying way and told her to calm down because it wasn’t that big of a deal. She nodded and looked down at his hands, smiling because they had appeared again.

“Let’s go?”

 

 

Some days before

 

“Who does she think she is?” The blonde girl named Seohyun crossed her arms and so did her two friends at her sides.

“How can it be that all the handsome boys are always by her side? She’s not even pretty, like duh! Look at us! Boys fall head over heals for us.” The girl at the right said.

“Yeah!” The one in the left agreed. “Except stealing our EXO boys, she brings here another handsome boy who apparently lives with her and he’s her friend.”

“That’s why we have to do something about this.” Seohyun smiled mischievously.

 

 

“Let’s go get some bubble tea, first. Then we should go at the amusement park.” Jongin replied after Jin asked him what he wanted to do.

“Yay!” She laughed with him and they went inside the bubble tea shop. When they were about to order, someone greeted them and invited them to go out together.

 

“Seohyun?” Jin looked at her in shock but Seohyun pretended to not notice that.

“Oh, Jin-ah it’s been so long! Do you remember me?” She batted her eyelashes and Seohyun looked at her weirdly. “Oh my! Jongin-ssi! I’m sorry for bumping into you yesterday.” She bowed and smiled at him.

“Oh, Seohyun-ssi. It’s okay I’m completely fine.” He smiled at her and she nodded.

Jin wrinkled her nose and looked at Jongin wide-eyed. That was one of the most ridiculous faces she has ever made and she was glad he didn’t see her.

“Really now? How can he be so lovely with her and not with me?” She whispered to herself and looked at the both of them who got into a “deep” conversation. “And what’s up with Seohyun? I thought she hated me because I’m friends with EXO.”

“Jin-ah! Come get your choco bubble tea!” Jongin grinned at her but she didn’t turn it back, making him worry.

“Thanks.” Was all she said before waiting for the two to leave the bubble tea shop.

“Amusement park?” Seohyun asked before grinning at Jongin and Jin. “This is so awesome! Let’s go!” She linked arms with him and left Jin behind with a foul mouth.

“This is the greatest day and I’m feeling so attached right now.” With a fake smile and killing eyes she looked at the bubble tea bottle, feeling like throwing up right there and then because Seohyun had touched it.

 

The “couple” –Jin started calling them couple because of her “kind” heart– was still walking in front while Jin walked slowly in the back. Jongin would turn his head to see her but Jin wouldn’t look at him and “admire” the beauty of the amusement park while continuously taking a sip of her bubble tea.

 

“Should we go at the rollercoaster now?” Jin suggested after they had tried all the lovey-dovey rides that Seohyun wanted.

“Great! You’re so smart, Jin!” Seohyun eye-smiled and linked arms with Jongin. “Let’s go!”

And again, they left her behind…

 

 

“For heaven’s sake, Baekhyun! That sasaeng of yours is ruining my date with Jongin!

“Oh? So it was a date?” The guy on the other line rolled his eyes for the nth time that day.

“No, I mean yes. No, no, it isn’t but I wouldn’t mind if it was. I… never mind. That’s not the topic. We are talking about your sasaeng Seohyun, Baekhyun!”

“Wait a minute, she’s not only my sasaeng! Why are you blaming me?” He shouted on the other line and Jin felt like squishing him because she loved it when Baekhyun shouted at people. Call it weird, but instead of turning manly, he turned cuter than he already is.

“Ok, BaebyBaek.” She called him by the nickname she gave him and Baekhyun calmed down.

“You called me only to tell me that?!” Baekhyun started shouting again and Jin just hung up the phone before calling him again.

“Better?”

“Better.” He laughed and Jin chuckled.

“I feel like she’s trying to steal Jongin away from m-”

“He was never yours to begin with.” Baekhyun cut her, not realizing that it shocked her and made her feel worse.

“You’re right.” She managed to say before telling him she had to hang up because the “couple” was calling her.

 

 

“It’s time to go to the ferris wheel!” Jongin grinned and sat on his seat. “Come on girls.” He invited them and Seohyun quickly sat next to him, leaving no place for Jin. She glared at her and sat in front of them, giving Jongin a death glare while he looked down to avoid her gaze.

 

 

“I’ll be going now guys! Thanks for the fun! I’ll see you again Jongin!” She waved her phone, indicating that she already got Jongin’s phone number.

“You got a phone and I didn’t know.” She whispered before turning around but Jongin grasped her wrist, trying to hold her back. But Jin turned her head to the side and gave him a glare, making Jongin let go of her wrist slowly. “You know your way home.” Her voice was colder than ever, and Jongin started to feel guilty.

 

 

 

“I save his life and that’s what he does! He doesn’t even care about me! He didn’t even ask me to follow him or hold my hand! I was a ghost! A freaking ghost!” She shouted when she got home but as soon as she shut the door close, the electricity went out.

“A blackout?” She asked herself as she tried searching for her phone so she would open the LED torch application and save herself from the dark. She went outside in the balcony and sat on one of the chairs, activating the mobile data on her phone since there was no Wi-Fi. She opened her Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and everything else to make sure that everything was okay and that this blackout wasn’t planned like the last blackout on 15th September of the year 2011 that was planned from North Korea.

But every post from MBC, KBS, SBS, BBC etc, said the same thing: “An unknown reason that luckily doesn’t risk the life of South Koreans.”

 

“This is definitely weird.” Right after she said that, her phone showed a pop-up, telling her that only 4% battery was left. “Are you kidding me?” She shouted before calling Baekhyun right away and asking him to come at her apartment right at the moment.

 

“Jin are you okay?” Baekhyun called her but she didn’t reply. “Yah, don’t play with me. Where are you?” He walked inside the kitchen when suddenly something jumped on his back and he started running inside the living room, shouting all kinds of “ah’s” and “God have mercy on my soul!”

“Everyone thinks I’m a ghost! Everyone!” Jin shouted on his back and Baekhyun stopped running.

“You little piece of poop! You unbelievable creature! Did you have fun watching me suffer?” He shouted at her and she started laughing at him.

2 seconds later…

“I’m scared.” She fell on the ground and wrapped her arms around her knees and hid her face. “I’m so scared.” She said like a baby who was scared of the darkness and Baekhyun hugged her from behind, whispering a;

“Don’t worry. I’ll hold you tight.”

 

Suddenly the main door opened and just as he walked in, the lights .

“Baekhyun?” He looked at Baekhyun in shock as the latter didn’t bother to let go of Jin.