Chapter 8: Landing and Falling

You Left Without Saying Goodbye

  Click! Clack! Click! Click!

 

 “Hey! Who do you think that tall boy is?” Click! Clack!

 

 “He looks familiar, but with the sunglasses and black clothing I can’t tell. Probably a wannabe trainee. I don’t see any security with him."

 

 Click! Click!

 

“Whatever, we have to stay focused! B1A4 should be coming out soon!!" Clack! Click!

 

 “Ah, that’s right! I got my phone ready!!" Click!

 

 Click! Click! Click!

 

 


 

 I had just woken up, but I refused to open my eyes. I was so snug and warm. If I dare even move a muscle, including open an eye, I feel like it will end. My body aches? Why? I tried to remember last night, but nothing was really coming to me.

 

 As I kept thinking, I slowly fell back asleep.

 


       

 I got even closer to my pillow, taking in it’s warmth even more. This is the most comfortable I’ve been in a while. Slowly, I opened up my eyes and everything was a warm color, but too fuzzy. I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times, only to be confused once my eyesight was clear. I wasn’t in my room. Hell, I wasn’t even in the EXO dorms! Oh yeah, I took Amber home last night and slept on the couch.....but looking around, I realized I was in Amber’s room. When I looked down, I saw Amber was nuzzled into my chest, my leg over her’s. We were cuddling in our sleep!? Oh my god, I feel like I’ve practically committed a crime!! Wasn’t I on the couch!? How did I move!? Don't tell me I sleep walked in here!! I slept there, not here! No, no, no!!

 

 I don’t remember a damn thing!

 

 !

 

 Quickly, I got up and grabbed my coat that was hanging on Amber’s chair.

 

 “Tao....?” Dammit, I woke her up. Then again, what should I have expected. I practically almost fell off the bed trying to increase the distance between us. Quickly, I turned around and made sure she couldn’t see my face or make any eye contact towards me.

 

 “I’ve gotta go. Nothing against you, I just forgot about...an important meeting. I’m sorry I - just gotta go home. Stay warm or something like that.” I tried to sound casual, but my words came out as messed up as my mind.

 

 “You don’t have to leave yet, Kris.” I heard her mumble, barely awake. She thinks I’m Kris in this dream. Rather than angering me, it just made me want to leave even quicker before she realized that I had slept in the same bed with her. Looking for anything to hide me from the public, I luckily found a pair of sunglasses and a beanie hat on her desk.

 

 “No, it’s all good. I gotta go. I’ll talk to you later, erm babe. Perhaps text! Bye!” Quickly, I took those and put them on, leaving her room and then the f(x) dorms.

 

 I checked the time on my phone. It was only ten thirty in the morning. I wanted to blame the weather for my warm face, but even I knew too well it was a blush. Dammit, Amber. Now I can’t even stay calm with you, let alone in an awkward situation. I looked around the streets of Seoul, trying to find anything to get my mind off of her. That’s when I noticed a little boy fighting with his taller brother over a balloon. I smirked, it reminded me of teasing Amber. Though, my expression soon fell flat. I couldn’t get her out of my mind. I don’t think I’m going to win this war, rather die quickly. I guess my plan has failed, I’m not sure if I can go through with this. I just don’t know anymore.

 

 The Exo dorms were close by, so it wasn't a long walk to get home. Once I unlocked the doors, I saw Suho and Sehun on the couch, playing some soccer video game. JongIn was watching from the floor and Chanyeol was on the phone with someone upstairs, looking down at everyone. I tried not to give eye contact to anyone, hoping I could just slip into my room and not get flooded with questions, but I could feel the gazes of my group mates burning a whole through me.

 

 "Ahhh, if it isn't our little rascal!" Chanyeol yelled from upstairs, obviously no longer on the phone. "So, is it true?"

 

 'Is what true?" I asked, only wondering what rumor they had of me. I could only pray it had nothing to do with Amber.

 

 "You slept over at the f(x) dorm....with Amber?" Suho said, his voice pouring with disgust, and putting the game on pause and setting his controller to the side of him, leaning back on the couch. Dammit, my nightmare was true.

 

 "Yes, she let me sleep on her couch as I was too drunk to walk home. Sorry for being responsible, hyung." My words came out as cold as ice. Suho only made me more pissed off. He wasn't her guardian. Who the was he to her? I glared at him, putting my shoes on the stand and hanging my jacket on one of the racks.

 

 "Oh, so you guys aren't a couple. That's too bad, I could have rooted for you two." JongIn remarked, grinning and taking a sip from a bottled water. Sehun chuckled.

 

 "We are nothing more than friends. This isn't a Baekhyun and Tiffany situation." Oh god, I could feel a light blush on my face. Just picturing others things of us as a couple, I couldn't hide my secretly happy embarassment.

 

 "Wait, are you blushing!? Is Tao, our panda, blushing!?" JongIn said, beginning to laugh with Sehun.

 

 "Shut up!" I snapped, walking into the kitchen to get something to drink. es. Soon, I heard footsteps behind me. Oh no, were they gonna keep thisgoing on forever?

 

 "ZiTao...." I knew that voice. Suho hyung.

 

 "What is it?" I spat, not bothering to look back at him as I grabbed a can of lemonade from the refridgerator, not turning around as I opened it and took gulps. He was silent and waited till I was done. Wow, he really wanted my attention.

 

 "Look, nothing was done that would be regrettable. Am I correct?" I couldn't turn around. I didn't do anything to Amber, so he is right, but I didn't want him to see my blush. "Tao?" he put his hand on my shoulder

 

 "G-Go away!" I yelled, moving my shoulder to get his hand off me. I didn't want him touching me, especially seeing me like this. Though, he angled himself to see my blush clear. Dammit, he knew. I know he would know it once he saw it. I was caught. Son of a -

 

 "You like Amber." his voice was flat; unreadable. I didn't know how to interpret it. Was he mad? Was he happy? Does he think I slept with Amber? Was he going to kill me? Was he happy? I stayed silent, not wanting to deny it but certaintly didn't want to rush to support it.

 

 "You do. You didn't hurt her, rather you fell for her." again, flat. His face was so hard to read as well. I glared at him. Was he happy? I am a child. I fell for the enemy? That stupid girl took my heart.

 

 "Happy?" I remarked, an annoyed smirk plastered on my face.

 

 "Well, I'm glad you didn't harm Amber, but I have no idea where your going to go with this." he said. Though, he began to turn around and walk away? Woah! Was the great Suho actually leaving me alone? No threats!? My eyes widened, I didn't know what to do. Then, he stopped at the door "I hope you're a smart enough boy to know what this means." Soon after his words, he was gone. I leaned against the counter and stared at my shoes, not really knowing what to do with myself. He was right. I Ioved her. Though, I wasn't a smart boy anymore. I don't know what to do now. My plan, I can't say it is officially ruined, but I can't say it is right on track. I didn't want to do this anymore. If I could rewind time, I would want to make every moment I have had with Amber recently more genuine. The things I would say would be more meaningful and maybe, just maybe, her heart might flutter to mine.

 

 "Ow!" I jolted up at the sound of someone in pain. I looked over the island in the kitchen and saw Luhan on his hands and knees. I raised an eyebrow. The hell? He quickly stood up, blushing a bit. "Ahh, sorry!! I was just....playing hide and seek with baozi. Now he must know where I am. Gotta go! Bye!" I rolled my eyes, not knowing what that was about, but sometimes Luhan was unpredictable. He had a natural bipolar personality, sometimes the mature smart one to the most childish one of the group. I shrugged my shoulders, not paying much attention to it.

 

 After taking a long shower and happily getting my mind off of everything, I walked around in my room without my shirt, drying my hair with a towel.

 

 I felt lonely right now, not knowing what Amber was up to. I walked over to my phone - for the hundreth time now - to see if she had texted me, but there were no new messages. Not even a call. I wanted to text her, but I was scared if she remembered anything from this morning. I didn't know if she was scared I did something or was still sleeping from exhaustion. I'd have to walk over there and talk to her in private at this rate, which I didn't want to do. Being alone in a room with Amber, it would deprive me of air and restraint. The thought sent a zap throughout my body, feeling guilt afterwards.

 

 Though, I was quickly distracted from the vibration from my phone. Quickly, I looked at my phone and saw I had gotten a text....from Amber. I smiled, practically as giddy as a school girl with their 'oppa'. I quickly unlocked my phone and checked the message.

 

 "Hey, sorry I didn't get to see you leave Panda." Yes! She didn't remember a thing! Ecstatic, I walked over to my bed and flopped backwards onto my bed, a huge accomplished grin on my face. Thank god. I didn't have to worry about anything awkward between us....well really awkward. From now on, I'll be a wreck next to her and I know it. I began to text her back.

 

 "It's all good, I had to leave early for a meeting for EXO ;)." She texted back quickly.

 

 "Oh, that's good."

 

 "I have a question."

 

 "Sure, swing it by me ^^!"

 

 "Would you like to see a movie with me this afternoon? I'm free and I'd love to hang out with the llama." Oh god, was I asking Amber out on a date? No, we were just friends so it wouldn't be too weird. I wouldn't have to divulge my feelings for her tonight, at least I don't think. I waited nervously for her response, a side of me wanting her to reject my offer so I could hide from the possible embarassment, and the other really wanting her to say yes so I could be with her and have a nice time. I want her to like me now. I have to win her. I know Suho likes her, and I couldn't picture her with anyone else. The idea of her with someone else killed me, already panging my heart from her past relationship with Kris. That bastard didn't deserve her. Not one ing bit.

 

 "That'd be awesome! Text me the time and what movie! I'm gonna eat breakfast!" She agreed! I was definitely happy.

 

 Tonight would have to be perfect, I just knew it.