Chapter 4: Uncomfortable Behavior

You Left Without Saying Goodbye

 "Okay, Suho you will face Amber first. Then, Luhan will join in next, only against me. Who ever wins each round will face each other in the final match." I said, handing them each a PS3 controller.

 "What if we don't want to face your y ?" asked Luhan in a completely serious tone. I could see Amber and Suho laughing at his comment, Luhan turning around confused as to why they were laughing. Instantly, they stopped and put on a serious face.

 "Shut up. If anyone here it'd be you Lulu." Luhan rolled his eye.

 "You're just acting like a tough guy since Amber is here."

 "No!! I just don't want her believing your lies!" I crossed my arms, sitting down on the couch inbetween Luhan and Amber. Like hell those two were going to get close. Suho, well he isn't much of a threat.

 "Baby." He murmured, causing the others to laugh again.

 "Let's play now! You idiots got me excited now!" Amber said enthusiastically, pressing random buttons on her controller as if she were in mid-game. "Turn on the tv, let's go!!" I can honestly say that I have never seen a girl so competitive and headstrong in my life. I always knew Amber had a strong personality, but not to this extent. I could see why Kris liked her. They were alike yet very different in so many ways.

 "Okay. You and Suho go first, Luhan and I will make fun of you guys."

 "It's what we do best." he agreed, high-fiving me.

 "You guys are such s." Suho mumbled, causing Amber to have a shocked expression. Oh, that's right. She has never saw the edgy Suho before. Everyone believes him to be the well-mannered, older brother type. It wasn't that he isn't that person, rather he has little episodes of acting like a brat. Baekhyun and Chanyeol always called it his 'baby state'. Everytime they told him that, he would instantly get all deffensive and walk away. Doesn't EXO have the record for having the best leaders?

 Escaping my own thoughts, I heard Luhan wow at something. I checked the tv screen and realized only a minute into the game, Amber had already fourteen kills over Suho.

 "How the hell did you do that!?" Luhan asking, amazed like everyone else was in the room. Amber shrugged.

 "I have this game at home, I love it. MW3 is my game." She chuckled darkly, but acted as if it wasn't a big deal.

 

 After five more minutes, Suho and Amber were three and thirty and called the game quits.

 "Dude, you at this game!" Amber exclaimed, playfully hitting Suho's arm. He sheepishly grinned, knowing what she said was true. Originally, I thought Suho would beat her, but Amber wasn't lying about her skills. Then again, I only see Suho playing the racing type games.

 "I used to be way better, I just haven't played in a while." he lied, looking down at the red controller in his hands, embarrassed. She giggled.

 "Are you sure you have even played this before?"

 Luhan began to die laughing, singing "Suho got beat by Amber! Suho got beat by Amber!" Suho rolled his eyes and threw his controller at Luhan's head, barely missing him by half a centimeter.

 "Excuses, Suho, Excuses." I , his face getting red. Luhan reached over Amber and me and grabbed Suho's cheeks, squishing and stretching them. Amber got up and started dancing victoriuously.

 Suho pushed Luhan off of him and pulled Amber back onto the couch and began petting her head like a good pet, Luhan seemingly beginning to get jealous over the attention Amber was getting. "Okay, that's enough." he yelled, breaking the two apart.

"Hey, es!! Could two of you help me move some stuff in my room?" yelled Sehun upstairs.

 "Ugh, do it yourself bubble tea maknae!" yelled Luhan, not wanting to get up.

 "Guys ~~" Sehun whined. Amber was about to get up, but Suho motioned her to sit down and grabbed Luhan's wrist.

 "We're coming now, just hold on a second." Suho winked over at Amber and dragged lazy Luhan upstairs.

 "Well, since they're helping out Sehun, we should play a quick game!"

 "Haha, no thanks. I don't feel like getting my kicked by a girl at this second. Maybe later?"

 All of a sudden, Amber jumped on me and began trying to pin me to the floor. Like that would ever happen! With ease, I grabbed her wrists and flipped her underneath me, being careful not to crush her with my weight. Her eyes widened, embarrassed. This moment was perfect to kiss her, but I couldn't do that just yet. I would need to win over her trust first and then get her to love me. Even though it may take a while longer than I had expected, not expecting her to be so closed off, I will go through with this and torture Kris in the process.

 "Woah! I'm sorry!!" Amber apologized, blushing a deep red. So, she did get embarassed easily when boys were close to her. I better note that.

 "No, it's fine. I kind of like this position actually. I can see your pretty face clearly."

 "Stop messing around Tao." she began hitting my chest. Annoyed, I rolled off of her and helped her to her feet.

 "Fine, but I wasn't lying. I'll be right back, I am going to get us some soda." I had to escape, or I'd want to rush things and ruin my plans. Also, a fun little idea popped up in my head.

 "Alright."

 


 

 "Amber...." I whispered to myself as I scrolled through photos of her on my phone. I missed her like hell, and this is all that I have left of her. Photos and videos, nothing to see in person. I wouldn't blame her if she hated me, leaving her like that. That's what I wanted out of her, no matter how hard it crushed me. I wanted her to hate me and view me as a villain, rather her being heartbroken and missing me. It is easier this way for her to move on and live her life without me, no matter how much it killed me to do so.

 All of a sudden, I was taken out of my thoughts as I felt my phone vibrating in my hand. Once I read the caller id, I almost dropped my phone right there in front of me.

 It wasn't just anyone calling me....it was Amber.

 I changed my number, let alone to a Chinese service, how the hell did she find it. Should I not pick up? What if it is important. She could need me for something or advice maybe. I began to make up lame excuses so I could just hear her voice one last time. After a few more seconds, I quickly picked up.

 "Hello?" I made sure my voice was calm and smooth.

 "This is Tao, to whom am I speaking with?" Tao? What is he doing with Amber's phone?

 "Why are you on Amber's phone? Where's Amber?"

 "Ahhh, so you were hoping your lovely girlfriend....I mean ex-girlfriend was calling you. Sorry, but that isn't the case. Where she is none of your business now since you left her. Good going, Gege."

 "Answer my question Tao. Also tell me how you got my phone number??"

 "It is useful having fans in high places, don't you think? Using the name 'Tao of EXO' is like an instant key to anything you want."

 "Listen, Tao, I don't want to fight you. Tell me, where is Amber?" Dammit Tao, I don't have time to deal with you right now. You hating me is what I want,don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. Now I felt I had to speak with Amber and make sure everything is alright. Tao might be up to something.

 "In the next room with me. Why do you care?"

 "Put Amber on the phone."

 "Well you can kiss your Amber goodbye. She's with me now." What? I can't believe that. No, she wasn't over me yet. She couldn't be....

 "What the hell are you talking about!? You never showed interest in her before." What the hell was he up to? Something wasn't right. There was a coldness in his voice when he said that, now that I think about it. Oh no, please tell me I'm wrong.

 "That's true, but now that I have her all to myself...maybe I should claim her as mine. You know, gege, her body is very feminine, even with all those boyish clothes on her. I wonder what she would look like in a bikini or her underwear....or even less."

 "YOU BASTARD! Leave Amber out of this!!" I stood up from the side of my bed, my right hand clenching the phone tightly while my other was balled up into a fist. I felt enraged, my anger becoming out of control. God dammit Tao, don't do this or I swear I'll kill you. I'll ing kill you.

 "Tao? Are you coming back??" Amber? Amber! I heard her voice in the background, my heart aching even more.

 "Coming right away, llama!!" Tao yelled happily. That fake son of a .

 "Don't you dare hang up on this phone! What is going on, tell me Tao!!"

 "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid Amber is calling me now. Bye hyung, have fun in hell."

 "TAO!!" I heard the phone beep, meaning he hung up on me. That ing son of a !!! I threw my phone on the ground, almost breaking it to many pieces and walked over to a well near me. This couldn't be happening. No, don't do this. I punched the wall in frustration, leaving a strong hole in it. I need to get to Amber, but how!? I swear Amber, I'll save you.

 I'm so sorry.

 


 

 "What was that about?" Amber asked, playing on MW3 Online alone while laying down on the couch.

 "Someone annoying called me, asking for someone other than me. Oh, I found your phone in the kitchen." Well, technically I didn't lie. Kris was annoying and wanting to speak to Amber and I did find her phone in the kitchen. Technically I'm not pure evil.

 "Oh, so that's where it was."

 "Silly llama. It's dead now and since we both have the same phone, I'm charging it for you. Feel free to praise me and tell me how wonderful I am."

 "Thank you Panda!" she said in a sarcastic, cutesy voice. She wasn't even bothing to look at me as she said it, how rude.

 "I am Master Panda to you!" I played along. Hanging out with Amber wasn't actually a bad thing. She was pretty fun, I won't lie about that. Even with my plans to destroy Kris, this has been the most fun day I've had in a long time. Feeling very playful now, I slowly walked closer to Amber began tickling her stomache.

 "Ahhh, stop tickling me!! You jerk!!"

 "Not until you call me awesome!"

 "Nope!! Not going to happen!!" She said inbetween her laughing spasms.

 "Say it!!"

 "No!!"

 "Now!"

 "Fine! Fine! You are awesome, Tao." There we go. I stopped tickling her and laid down on the couch next to her. She quickly gasped for more air, exhausted, and weakly tried to push me off the couch, failing.

 "There you go. See how easy that was? Jie Jie (Older sister in Chinese), you are too weak."

 "I'm very strong, actually."

 "Sure. Amber, Are you hungry? I'm starving."

 "I am, but I should probably start heading home soon. The girls will be wondering where I am." Nope, I couldn't have her leave just yet. That wouldn't do.

 "You can text them in a bit and tell them where you are, at least have dinner with me."