Struggle

Ego, Centric and Such

JB  was not thriving. This arrangement with Jackson was not working. He wanted more. He wanted Mark and he finally decided to make his move. He was on his way to the trainstation  one evening when he happened to glance sideways at a sports shop. He came closer for a better view and in air. It was Mark and Jackson having a good time.  Jackson being a fencer and Mark being a martial artist, it made sense for them to have athletics in common. But was that enough for how close they were right now, what with Mark laughing so hard he fell on Jackson and that one was gesticulating something that kept Mark's eyes in tears. JB's hands clenched as he kept watching. At some point Jackson joined Mark in the laughter. There was such joy in it, JB had never seen Jackson this happy and Jackson was generally a happy person. Jackson was laughing so hard Mark had to put his hand around his waist to hold him upright. Then he leaned into Jackson to say something before both walked further into the store. JB stood there for a moment considering, then walked away too. It was just his luck Bam was returning that night. Luckily his brother gauged his mood really quickly and let him be. There would be time later, to catch up on how his trip went.

Jackson called late that same night to ask JB if he wanted to meet. "My brother is back", JB informed him

"Ok. That is a no I suppose"

"Why? You have other plans?"

"I won't have called if I did" Jackson reminded him and being made to feel foolish aggravated JB more, "I can't"

"Alrightey" Jackson said noncholantly and hung up leaving JB ticked off. He hung up quickly, JB thought. I was probably plan B, jackass!

            Mark was leaving for a vacation and threw a party inviting all his friends. JB decided it was a good time to put cards on the table. The party was packed and fun and JB finally found Mark. He was going to approach him when Jackson intercepted him. As the night wore on, JB realised Jackson was deliberately trying to stop him from talking to Mark. "Why are you stopping me from telling him how I feel?" JB finally confronted Jackson.

"Cause you don't wanna do this. I promise". Jackson was sincere but JB rolled his eyes and pushed him aside to go corner Mark. he finally succeeded.