Office Party

Ego, Centric and Such

Jr's office party finally arrived. "I wanna go too" Bam was pressing JB

"What for? You'll be bored"

"No I won't and who knows? Jr's bosses could hire me as their dj next time"

"Take care of what you have now" JB said shoving him away

"Yeah yeah, but can I still come?"  Bam pressed JB so much he finally yielded.

Jr's office parties were always fun. Especially the outfits. They went from conservative to most imaginative cosplay. Bam was upset when he saw all this. "And you won't let me wear my Inuyasha outfit. Look at this. We look like knuckle heads", he complained.

"Be seen not heard, lil bro", JB warned. But Bam ignored him and next time JB turned around, Bam was among a group of people he had just met. That was one of his gifts. People gravitated to him. Like Jackson. JB shook his head and went to look for the one who invited him. He was among other colleagues but stepped away for JB.

"Your brother is having a hell of a time,"  Jr commented. "I should have invited him before".

"Yeah and he even wants a gig at your events", JB shook his head at Bam's nerve as Jr laughed. Then Jr sobered, "My boss is having a good fiscal year so that means we are too. I am thinking of a trip with my bonus. Wanna come?"

Without missing a beat, JB said, "Yes".

"It's been hard hasn't it?"

"What? Mark? I'm over that".

"I know. I meant Jackson"

JB started and Jr continued, "We've known each other too long and I saw your hands at Mark's welcome party".

"You didn't say anything"

"I figured Jackson knew what he was doing".

At JB's offended look, Jr explained, "Come on JB. You aren't the easiest person to be around. Much less be with. But you and Jackson, it seemed to be working, so I said nothing".

JB's quietness had Jr asking sharply, "What happened?!"

JB took a deep breath before saying everything and he did not hide himself either. Jr smacked his own forehead, "JB, really, you are too much" and JB, never one to hide, even told Jr about using Jackson as a substitute for Mark, "But that was only at first", he quickly explained. "Now he barely talks to me".

Jr let out a small laugh, "Things have changed. For the longest, you barely wanted him around you. Now you are upset he won't speak to you"

JB was a lot of things but he could face himself, "I went too far and I want to fix things with him".

"He is over there with Bam if you want to do it now" Jr indicated.

Sure enough. his brother and Jackson were being the life of the party. He walked toward them.