Keep it Moving

Ego, Centric and Such

           Life continued as usual but JB was going nuts. Yugyeom came over for them to round up some work. Bam and Youngjae opted to stay outside where their search for good dj music would not disturb. But JB could not focus. "Yugyeom, I am no good today. I think we will end here".

"You sure? Just these files here, are left you know?" Yugyeom encouraged. But JB shook his head and Yugyeom finally left, waving at the other two outside.

Jackson had not called or visited and he now visited with Bam away from the house. When JB came over to his place, he ignored him even after letting him in. Finally, JB got fed up. Who did Jackson think he was to treat him in such a fashion?! He was doing him a  favour by bestowing his body to him. Then JB stopped. Even to himself, that thought reeked of douche. He sounded very pompous in his own head. Anyway, bottom line was, tonight he and Jackson were having it out.

Things did not go quite as planned though, because Jackson had coworkers over when JB got there. Some very good looking coworkers too. Jackson let him in without a word and left him to his own devices. JB got some questioning looks from some of Jackson's co workers but he ignored them, determined to air his mind. Finally they left, not without some lingering looks and touches from some of them. The hell! JB thought as he watched the byplays.  Jackson shut the door on his last guest and turned to clean up. He still had not said a word to JB.

"Jackson?" JB called and that one looked up inquiringly. "When is the silent treatment going to end?"

"There is no silent treatment JB. I simply have nothing to say to you". Jackson answered and resumed cleaning. But JB got up from his seat to stand in front of him. "Whatever you have to say to me, say it Jackson. You know I would if the roles were reversed"

"Yeah, you would" Jackson muttered and tried to get around JB but that one grabbed his arm. Jackson let himself be stopped and said, exasperated, "JB I am tired. It was a long day and I want to finish cleaning so I can shower and go to sleep".

"You don't touch me anymore", JB said quietly and Jackson pulled his arm away, "What is this? A drama?" JB continued, "I know you are still mad at me for that thing with Mark"

"I am not mad"

"Yes you are. That is why you have been treating me this way"

"No JB I am not mad. I am accepting. Accepting of who you are and realising I don't think I like who you are very much".

JB reeled back, "What?!"

Jackson put down the paper cups he had been holding and turned to face JB fully. "We were never close before so I really did not give a what you said or did to me but after we started doing whatever we were doing, you started affecting me. The way you treated me started affecting me. I don't mind your verbal attacks on me. I don't like it, but I can tolerate it. What I cannot tolerate is you treating me like a fool".

JB tried to interrupt but Jackson held a hand up, stopping him. "One thing I always had from you JB, was complete honesty. I always knew your thoughts because you never hid them. But telling me Mark is no longer on your mind when you are still pining for him made me feel like a total fool. And I have been made a fool of, I have been foolish, but I have never been made to feel like a fool".

JB had been quiet throughout. Finally he breathed, "I am sorry".

Jackson shook his head, "I don't want your apology. I want you gone. We share the same friends, hang outs, your brother is like one to me too, so we can't help interacting. But this,"  Jackson said pointing to both of them, "is over. Now I gotta clean up. You can stay or go, it's up to you".

After a long while, JB gave up and left.