Handles

Ego, Centric and Such

JB was at work talking to Yugyeom about certain files when his phone rang. Yugyeom excused himself so JB could have privacy. "Bam, what is it? I am busy".

'Sorry. Just wanted to find out if it was alright with you for me to take a trip with Youngjae".

"Youngjae? Isn't he that future delinquent?"

"He is not a future delinquent and is it alright?"

"I guess. You are done with your classes so why not? But make sure to have your phone with you so I can reach you. When are you leaving?"

"This weekend"

"This weekend?! And you tell me now?! Couldn't this have waited till I got home?"

"Hey, you are the one who likes head ups and now thanks. Bye" and just like that Bam hung up leaving JB dumbfounded as he cradled his phone too.

Later that night, Bam told JB the trip was part fun part school project. Youngjae had done this before so he was familiar with the requirements. JB helped Bam get what he needed and soon it was the weekend.

"Don't open doors to strangers big brother"

"As if I would"

"And eat well too"

"Get lost already. When is Youngjae coming?"

And on cue, their bell rang. It was Youngjae. JB helped them fill the car up and both were off. JB went back to what he had been doing. He was so hard at it, he noticed time only when the sun set. He had only eaten a sandwich the whole day. He was going to make himself something more when his bell rang. He went bare foot to open it after checking who it was. Jackson came in holding some plastic bag. Obviously snacks. JB walked back to the kitchen saying, "Bam's not here".

"What?"

"He left for his trip"

". That was today? And I even brought snacks"

"Stop doing that. He eats so much of it, he gets sick and I have to deal with it".

"Ok"

JB was a little surprised Jackson agreed so easily and nodded his thanks.

"So, when will he be back?"

JB told him and Jackson said, "I guess I will come back then. He will probably call me anyway".

"Of course he will".

Jackson heard the bitterness in that statement and asked, "Why do you say it like that?"

"You took my best friend, the guy I am interested in. What more of my brother?"

Jackson put the plastic bag down on the coffe table and walked over to the kitchen counter, the other side of which JB was standing. He still had not decided what to cook.

'If you are talking about Mark, JB, then it is your own damn fault you can't appeal to him", Jacson stated, pointing a finger at JB.

JB walked closer to the counter, "Not when you keep coming in my way".

"Come on JB, how far will you get with this?" and Jackson did an accurate imitation of how JB adjusts his shirt and pushes his glasses up his nose.

"At least that is better than your heavy breathing, useless chatter and half dressed self", JB retorted.

Jackson looked at JB a moment, then challenged him. "If Mark were here right now, what would you do?". Before JB could answer, Jackson added, " Forget your pretentious talk and stuff". He ignored JB's frown and continued, "Show me what you would do to get him, right here, right now".

JB raised a questioning eyebrow and Jackson raised one back expectantly. So JB came around the counter to face Jackson who was balanced on its bar stool. One foot on its bottom bar, the other poised on the floor. He was watching JB and waiting.

Finally, JB said, "I would walk up to him, take his hand in mine, guide him slowly to the bedroom and----what?" JB snapped at the end because Jackson was rolling his eyes. "Is Mark a girl or a guy like you?"

"Not all guys like rough play, Jackson. Some like to be wooed", JB informed him and resumed. Jackson was struggling not to laugh. Unfortunately, he must not have been succeeding because JB had enough. "Since you think you can do better, show me".

"Ok" and without warning, Jackson pulled JB by the bottom of his tshirt, whipped his glasses off and smashed his lips to his. JB was stunned. His knee jerk reaction was to resist but Jackson wrapped one arm around him, his hand tightening in JB's lower back to bring him closer. Jackson took one of JB's arms to wrap it around his neck while JB's other arm hung limply beside him as he kept getting kissed. It was only when both were out of breath that Jackson pulled back waiting for JB's haze to clear. Then he winked cockily and said, "That is what I would have done".

JB stiffened and pulled away as he wiped his lips, "Crude as ever"

"Not as if you didn't like it, what with you in my mouth".

JB stopped. Did he moan? He could not remember, then he caught Jackson watching him knowingly and he gathered himself. "Obviously, you have your ways and I have mine. We will see who he falls for".

Jackson laughed at JB. "Considering you have not made any headway with him and you are not a very likeable person, this is too easy".

JB turned away from Jackson, then spoke over his shoulder, "Shut the door on your way out". He was smarting from Jackson's words. Jackson obeyed, whistling as he left. JB's hunger was gone, his concentration too. So he simply went to bed, ignoring the plastic bag Jackson had left behind.

              JB got a surprise call from Mark  some days later, inviting him to a housewarming. He had moved from an apartment to a house and JB RSVPed. On that day, he arrived a little late since he was not familiar with the area. Jr was the one who answered the door. He greeted him with, "You should have come with me, then you would not have been lost"

"It's Ok. I finally found it though", JB smiled at him as he came in. It was not crowded even though it was a full house. The house was great. It had a cozy, cabin feel to it. "Come, I will introduce you around until Mark can free himself", Jr said as he walked on and JB followed. Both being very goodlooking young men, were drawing stares. Especially JB with his blonde looks and killer smile. He felt good today and did not know how much it showed. He also noticed how popular Jr was as he kept being hailed. JB knew Jr from childhood but he did not know even up to half of the people Jr knew in this room. Finally, both found a spot. They were talking when JB saw Jackson. He was outside talking with some people. They looked like an it crowd. and Jackson looked like he belonged there, JB noticed in surprise. When did that happen? As he kept watching, he saw Mark come and join them. Up till now, Mark had not come to see JB and there he was chatting away with Jackson. JB lost a bit of his happiness and asked Jr to excuse him a moment. He found an empty room in which to pull himself together. He checked his phone. Bam and Youngjae had sent pictures of their trip. They were having a great time and right now, JB wished he was there with them. He sat on the edge of a sofa, swiping through the pictures, when the door opened.