Dracula

Red Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The hallways of her new school are wide and rowdy, like a human rodeo consisting of wild teenagers tripping over each others’ feet to get to the cafeteria and the slamming of lockers and the sound of spilling textbooks onto the floor. Sulli kind of hates it, but she likes it, too. There’s a certain kind of buzz about summer she doesn’t like, a vibe of total relaxation where her mind is idle with the only activities to do are to go shopping, hang out with friends, watch Netflix, eat, and repeat. So she felt a certain degree of relief and jittery nervousness flooding through her when she stepped into the hallways for the first time since she’d moved from her hometown of Busan. Knowing nobody in a larger than life school was scarier than the tall girl had expected as she attempted to navigate through the flood of students who knew exactly where they were going as she was bumped left and right by oblivious football players and jocks as they joked around with their buddies. If this was class change, how was she going to handle lunch? 

 

 

 

    In all her worry, she accidentally smacks right into another girl’s solid shoulder as she’s coming in the opposite direction, and all the tall girl has time to register before her hits the cold tile floor and pain seeps through her bones is a flash of silvery blond hair that shines in the sunlight streaming in through the glass doors that lead outside of the building and glittering woodland eyes that drown hers in an ocean of dark chocolate, and maybe it wasn’t just the fall that took her breath away after all. “S-sorry,” the taller girl stammers nervously when she gets her breath back, as the other girl’s gaze flickers and settles dangerously on her own. The crowd is moving around them, one standing and the other half sitting, and Sulli can tell the other girl is studying her closely even as she scoops up her packet of pencils from the floor. She could feel the embarrassment flushing through her and staining her cheeks like a glass of red wine and it makes her bow her head even lower than before in an attempt to hide from the curious student. 

 

 

 

    She’s unable to mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter