eleven

Not In That Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KISSING KIM JONGIN

I was never getting out of my bed. 

I would stay there forever. Or at least until the semester ended and the people at Hanyang kicked me out because there was no way that my parents were going to pay for me to stay in Seoul during the summer. 

"Avery, wake up." Even though I was buried under every pillow that I could find in our apartment I still managed to hear Chorong's annoyed voice. 

Obviously, I didn't move because, as I've already mentioned, I was never leaving my bed until the campus security came and physically removed me. 

"Avery, for 's sake, you have to get up," Chorong groaned, taking a step farther into my protective room-cave. "You're the ing maid of honor. Now you have to be at all of these events. And you have to look happy about it, too." 

Oh. Maybe I should have mentioned that. It was three days after the engagement party in which Jongin '' me and now Minah and Kyungsoo were having some sort of brunch with Minah's family. And, yes, I was the maid of honor (because apparently, that title isn't really a choice), but that didn't mean that I needed to be there. I had met Minah's parents before and I didn't find the need of meeting them again. Especially when I had publicly declared that I was never leaving the room again. 

Chorong, by the way, was a bridesmaid. And even though she wasn't thrilled about it, she still felt obligated to show up whenever Minah called. Plus no one had bothered to elaborate on the Minah Past-Life story. They all just blew it off like it was no big deal even though it clearly was if Kim Minseok decided to bring it up. Kim Minseok only talks about the most important of things. 

Anyways, Chorong and I were currently being summoned to eat with Minah and her parents. I was dead-set on not moving. Chorong was doing something because she kept walking around the apartment. 

"Joonmyun's not going," I croaked out. I was also half-asleep. 

"That's not an excuse. Joonmyun and Minah hate each other." According to Kim Minseok, Minah hated everyone. "Besides, he has to work today." 

Lucky duck. "I do too." 

"No, you don't." I forgot how Chorong knew my work schedule since I always left it stuck on the fridge. 

"I should go in any way. It's a single shift today. I don't want to leave Sehunnie there alone." That was true. Not that Sehun was going to burn the place down but he does a lot of things to make sure that he doesn't get too bored. Which was why we often trade various store items for food. 

"I think that Sehun will be fine." Chorong was not going to back down. Why was she still standing in my room? 

"I just don't want to go," I groaned from underneath my mound of pillows. 

"Well, do you remember how one of your best friends is getting married?" Damn you, Chorong and your dry humor so early in the morning. "Get up. You're going to have to do something to your hair. It's raining." 

Of course, it was raining. It rained every day. Even when it's wasn't raining it was still raining. "You mentioning my hair has greatly reduced the likeliness of me ever leaving this bed," I grumbled. 

Even though I couldn't see Chorong's face, I could tell that she was smiling. "Get up and I'll help you." 

I didn't move. 

She let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm serious, Avery, you have ten minutes before I come back in here with a bucket of ice water," she threatened, but she at least turned around and walked out of the door. Hey, maybe I could do that ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ... oh wait you had to be nominated for that and to be nominated you had to have friends. 

Meanwhile, I contemplated the pros and cons of leaving my bed and attending this gathering that was clearly going to take place with or without me. 

Goodness gracious, why was I such a bitter hag? If it was Chorong that was marrying Joonmyun I would have been stoked. I would have been the chairperson of their wedding committee and I've never even planned a wedding before. And it wasn't even like Chorong was the nicest person that I had ever met. In fact, if you really think about it, Minah was a lot nicer than Chorong was. Then why was I so pissed with the fact that it was Minah that was getting married? 

I should have been stoked. If someone asked to marry me. I would almost positively say yes. Partially because I don't get that much male interaction to begin with. Really, my parents thought that I was a lesbian for a good majority of high school because I never had a boyfriend. Which wasn't true because I had two boyfriends and they were both straight. That was probably some that Luhan made up about me being gay. It seemed like something right up his alley. 

Anyways, the point was that I was a . Or that I was in the process of becoming a . Because my first best friend that I had since I had moved to Seoul was getting married to the greatest guy ever and I didn't want to leave my bed. 

Really. I didn't deserve to have friends. 

There was a knock on the front door of the apartment followed by a male voice. What the hell? Had Chorong convinced Joonmyun to show up after all? It couldn't have been an open bar, it wasn't even ten in the morning. Way to go, Joonmyun. You were totally ruining whatever (read no) chance that I had of staying behind. I hate you. 

Chorong poked her head back in my room again. "Avery, there are children here. One child. Did you buy something from some sort of fundraiser?" 

Eh, probably. I still wasn't moving though. "I think that I have some money on the counter," I called back to her. "Give that to them." 

My roommate muttered something unintelligible before leaving me alone again. Hm, what could I possibly have bought? Probably food. It was a miracle that I wasn't morbidly obese. But then again, I didn't leave my apartment very often so I needed something to do in my free time. 

I closed my eyes again. Maybe the child would distract Chorong from the brunch that we were supposed to be going to. I hoped so. 

The door to my room creaked open yet again and I used my pillows to stifle my groan. I knew for a fact that it hadn't been ten minutes yet. God, I knew that I'm a lying , but please let me avoid this meal. Please. I'll read the Bible instead of attempting to pick up knitting. 

"I know, I know, I know, Chorong. I'm going to get up in eight minutes and then we can fight about what I'm going to wear and you can attempt to do something with my hair even though we both know that it's not going to lay flat no matter how much hairspray we spray on it," I grumbled through the stack of pillows. The door closed. Finally. 

But my moment of peace didn't last long. 

I had barely shut my eyes when I felt someone leap on top of my head, bouncing up and down and not even caring if they were stepping on me. After a few seconds, the bouncing stopped, and the anonymous jumper plopped down to begin prying the pillows off of my head. 

"Averyyyyyy!" Oh, squash. I knew that voice. And I did not want that voice in my bed. 

"Go away." 

"Avery! Wakey-wakey!" Jongin cheered as he ripped the final pillow from my hands. He looked down at me with disgust. "Ugh. Never mind. Maybe you should cover that backup." He tossed the pillow at my face. 

Wow. I know that I didn't look spectacular when I woke up but I didn't think that it was that bad. "What are you doing here?" I asked, cracking open one eye. It really was Jongin. "Actually, scratch that. I don't really care what you're doing here. I just want you to leave." 

Jongin shook his head so that his hair bounced around his face. "I'm not leaving until you come with me." 

No. I re-stacked the pillows on top of my head. "Alright, you can leave now." 

He let out a groan. You would think that Chorong would have caught on to how I'm not a morning person and wouldn't have let people into my room. "Okay, okay, okay. I didn't mean it like that. Now, will you wake up? I have to get to Kyungsoo and Minah's brunch." 

Who wasn't invited to that? And since when did people meet for brunch? That just seemed unpractical. Why not just meet for either breakfast or lunch? Don't make up meals to attend. 

"And you have to get there too because you're the maid of honor." I still cringed when Jongin said that. I don't know. I just wasn't a fan of the title. 

"I know. I have seven minutes. Leave. I'll meet you there." Only I'm pretty sure that the sound was so muffled that Jongin probably couldn't understand a word that I had said. But I feel like he got the gist. 

I could feel Jongin pulling at my tangled mass of hair. Unfortunately for him, that didn't bother me in the slightest. Most people fear touching my hair and avoid it all costs. Plus there was a large chance that Jongin would lose a finger if he got too close to my scalp. And the sad part is that I'm not even kidding. 

"Will you please get up? I have something to tell you something," he whined, yanking his finger out of my hair. He probably took a good chunk of it with him. You don't mess with my bed-head. 

I held up seven fingers. 

"Avery, I love you." 

What the hell? 

That one got me. 

I shot up so fast that I ended up smacking faces with Jongin. And by 'smacking faces' I literally meant 'smacking faces' because my nose was smashed against his nose and my mouth was smashed against his mouth. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that I bit my lip. 

The two of us broke up out face connection as soon as we possibly could, leaving Jongin to look at me with awe, confusion, and disgust and for me to make whatever face that I was making in that first picture that he took of me. 

"Did you just kiss me?" he asked, cocking his head to the side. 

"Well, technically it depends on what you classify as a kiss," I replied, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. It left a red smear of blood across the back of my knuckles. Ah, squash. This day was only getting worse. "Because I didn't want to. It was an accide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter