Chapter 6 – Dazed

Kept From The Start

"Are you dating someone right now?" Lizzy uttered with her heart beating fast.

"No. I haven't been dating yet. Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing it's just... if I was a guy I'd ask you out already." Lizzy explained.

Nana faced Lizzy as they stopped under a light pole. "Well you don't have to be a guy if you wanted to ask me out." Nana replied.

Lizzy's knees felt weak. She was dumbfoundead at the moment. She started to think if Nana is being serious. 

"I like you Park Lizzy." Nana spoked those words softly to Lizzy as she leaned in to kiss her lips.

Lizzy was imagining some situations. She wasn’t able to answer Nana’s question at all.

“Lizzy? Are you ok?” Nana snapped out of her.

“Ah… Uhm. Yeah.”

“You’re so cute when you’re startled. Haha. Gwi yeo weo Park Lizzy.” Nana spoke in her aegyo voice as she began to squish Lizzy’s face.

Lizzy loved the feeling of Nana’s hand on her face. Her hands were soft

“You know what. Earlier, I’ve noticed that you don’t seem too comfortable with Niel.” Nana began to speak her thoughts.

“I’m pretty obvious huh? Well… The guy wants me.”

“Yeah. I heard from him but what about it?”

“I kind of rejected him. I don’t wanna hurt his feelings by telling him that I’m not interested in him. I can’t say I’m seeing someone else because he knows almost everything about me. So, I ended up with a reason like I’m not ready for that knid of relationship yet. And now he thinks there’s still chance for him only if he’d wait.” Lizzy explained to Nana

“Hmm. Is that so? Well you know what?...

A lot of guys used to ask me out too. If ever I’m not interested, I’d tell them. All you’ve got to do is just be honest with yourself. Rejecting them doesn’t really make you a bad person.” Nana reminded Lizzy.

***

“It’s nice to be Nana’s friend. I got to learn a lot from her.” Lizzy thought as she went on her way to her bedroom.

It’s past midnight already.

As she sat on her bed she began to call Niel.

“Lizzy ~ Waeyo?”

“How are you doin’ right now? I just got home from hanging out with Nana while you left the two of us.”

“I just got home too. I was helping Ricky out a while ago. So how was it?”

“I’d just go directly to my point…I’m gonna be honest with you alright. I… don’t… have feelings for you. You’re a nice person but let’s just stay friends forever ok?”

Apparently, Lizzy was drunk. When she and Nana finally separated ways, she went to a convenience store to drink some soju.

“Also… I’m in love with a girl named Nana. You know her right? Nana unnie. The one you met…” before Lizzy could finish her sentence, she passed out of her bed. On the other hand, Niel was left confused.