Chapter 5 - Close Your Eyes

Kept From The Start

The sunlight coming from the window directly came in contact with Lizzy's face. 
The heat coming from the sunlight is what managed her to wake up from her three-hour sleep. She's too preoccupied with the thoughts of Nana last night that's why she forgot to close the curtains. Also, she was unaware of it being open the whole night.
"Ugh. This is nuts." Lizzy spoke to herself as she closed the curtains. With that, she finally went back to her bed to get some more sleep.

Meanwhile, Nana managed to get out of her bed. She prepared her own breakfast and did her daily routines as she went to school. She knows how busy this day would be for her but the thought of the dinner with Lizzy brought her too much excitement.

***

After a few more hours, Lizzy finally woke up. She looked at her phone located beside her bed. "It's 3 pm already. Oh God I'm such as sleepy head". She hurriedly did some preparations. Of course she's excited that she's finally going to a dinner with Nana. It still took her hours to prepare no matter how much she does things in a hurry though. She wanted to look nice. The same way she did when she went out with Niel for a school event.

Lizzy finally made her way outside of their school. She began to message Nana on her phone to remind her about their dinner tonight and to inform her that she'll be waiting for her outside their school. Just when she felt two big hands that began to cover her eyes. 

"Ya! Stop with your childish jokes pls".

Niel began to laugh and started to speak in a child like manner as he started to give Lizzy a backhug. 

"Noona bogoshippeoyo".

"I just finished my exams. Yay. Lizzy noona and I can finally hang out together".

"Aish. Jinjja?" Lizzy said as she escaped from Niel's backhug. 
"Why do you keep on doing this? This is the reason why people keep thinking that we are dating." Lizzy continued in her semi annoyed face.

"Mian... Ok. Uhm. I'll just treat you dinner then. You must've waited for me and woah you're all dressed up." Niel replied.

"Ah right". Lizzy uttered. 
"But you know what..." 
Before Lizzy could continue she heard someone calling her name... It was Nana.

"Lizzy!!!". Nana called Lizzy as she smiled and came to her. 

"Uhm. Niel this is Nana. Nana this is Niel." Lizzy said as she introduce Nana and Niel to each other.
Nana and Niel bowed and greeted each other. 
"We're actually going to a dinner. We just talked about it last night. But you can come with us if you want." Lizzy explained to Niel.

Niel agreed faster than a second. Just when his exams are finished, he gets to have a dinner with two lovely girls. He thinks that this must be his lucky day.

Lizzy thought that asking Niel to come with them isn't a good idea. She is about to get to know Nana. It'd better if there's only the two of them but Niel just came in like a wrecking ball as she totally forgot that she had plans with him too.Anyway, she doesn't have any idea on what she's supposed to do. She doesn't want to look rude.

***

They went to a restaurant in which the customers are mostly students like them. As they waited for the food they ordered, they did some conversations.

"So how did you two knew each other? I've never seen the two of you hang out before really." Niel questioned Nana and Lizzy.

"We just met in... uhm." Lizzy said stuttering. 
It's still kind of weird for Lizzy to tell Niel about the real story behind her friendship with Nana. She never did tell anything about her in the first place.

"Long story but basically we know each other because we met in school". Nana continued to speak for Lizzy. 

"Right. But this is just the first time we hang out because..." Lizzy still spoke in a stuttered manner.

"You don't really have to explain the whole situation to him Lizzy. Like I said it's a long story. We met. We're friends. We hang out. Well how about you Niel ssi? How did the two of you become friends?" Nana said changing the topic.

"Well. We became friends since we have the same major. We meet almost everyday and then we also started hanging out. My feelings for her just started to grow every time we're together." Niel paused for a moment. The food that they ordered are finally served.

"Waa~ Everything looks delicious. Let's eat." Lizzy said as she doesn't want Niel to continue what he is about to say.

"Yeah right 'cause I'm really hungry." Niel agreed.

"I will eat well. " They all said in unison.

They all eat together in silence. All of them are focused on how delicious the served foods are. When they're done, Niel voluntarily paid the bills.

"Since I was planning to treat Lizzy to dinner might as well do the same to her new friend too." Niel said.

The girls finally agreed as they couldn't do anything about it. Nana was hesitant at first but Niel was good at convincing her.

They walked out of the restaurant. 

"Where else do you wanna hang out? I mean c'mon let's have some fun". Niel suggested.

"Karaoke!" Lizzy said excitingly.

Nana and Niel agreed. They all headed to a karaoke bar. On their way, Niel received a call from a friend.

"Uhm. I'm sorry. Looks like I have to go. My friend needs some help". Niel told Nana and Lizzy.

"It's ok. It'll still be fine even though it's only the two of us left. Lizzy said to Niel. 

Lizzy waited for a moment like this. Now it'll just be Nana and her.

"It's nice to meet you Nana. I'll get going. Annyeong". Niel said as he waved them goodbye.

"Annyeong". Lizzy and Nana said in unison.

It was only the two of them as they entered a karaoke room. They sat together as they both scanned the song book.

"Nana unnie what would you like to sing?" Lizzy asked Nana as she entered a song that she's going to sing.
The first song has been played. It was G dragon's 'Crayon'. 

Lizzy began singing and dancing along to the song leaving Nana to begin choosing the songs she likes to sing too.

"I like this song Lizzy!". Nana referred to 'Close Your Eyes'

"You are no fun". Lizzy replied jokingly. 

It was Nana's turn. It was a calm song that was made more relaxing due to Nana's calm voice. Lizzy's was captivated by Nana's charm.

I close my eyes and think

Even when I hold back my heart,
I am going closer to you

At some point, my heart has been softly engraved
So I can’t hide it whenever I see you

Many days hoped that we would be together
I can’t believe you’re in front of me so I call out to you


"This was the girl that I' ve fell in love with." Lizzy thought as she fixed her eyes at Nana.

Nana and Lizzy were able to finish singing their hearts out without realizing that an hour has already passed. They walked on their way home as they've talked about a lot of things. Through this both of them got the chance to know more about each other. 

Nana was captivated by Lizzy's stories. She loves how honest and trusting she is. Also she likes Lizzy's sense of humor. Lizzy felt the same too. She realized that her first impression of Nana is wrong. She wasn't really a cold person once you get to know her.

"I had so much fun with you tonight Nana unnie". Lizzy said to Nana.

"Yeah me too." Nana replied. 

There was silence for about 4 seconds.

"Can I ask you a question?" Lizzy asked Nana.

"Sure. What is it?" 

"Are you dating someone right now?" Lizzy uttered with her heart beating fast.

"No. I haven't been dating yet. Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing it's just... if I was a guy I'd ask you out already." Lizzy explained.

Nana faced Lizzy as they stopped under a light pole. "Well you don't have to be a guy if you wanted to ask me out." Nana replied.

Lizzy's knees felt weak. She was dumbfoundead at the moment. She started to think if Nana is being serious. 


"I like you Park Lizzy." Nana spoked those words softly to Lizzy as she leaned in to kiss her lips.