Chapter 12 - Uncertainties

Kept From The Start

Lizzy’s POV

As soon as I left Nana at the café, tears started to form in my eyes.

I can’t believe she gave up on me first but I can’t blame her for that. It’s all my fault anyway.

It all started when I confessed to her on a social media.

I risked our friendship so that we could be more than that.

Reality must be really something. All of a sudden, I regret confessing to her. All of my feelings for her should just be kept from the start. Now that it turned out this way, both of us are hurting.

I went back to the café to check on her once again but she was gone. I needed more explanations. Who knows?... She might change her mind. I called her up but she wasn’t answering. I went to her dorm but she’s not there also. I went to the places where she could possibly be but I ended up not seeing her.

I give up… I should just let her go.

*** 2 years later ***

I was about to cross the street when I began to see a familiar face staring at me. She was on the other side of the road. The green light was on but here we are standing in our respective places just when I felt someone grabbed my hand.

“Where do you think you’re going?... Let’s go.” Niel said to me.

I followed him without looking back.

“You know what… Seoul isn’t really a complicated place. It’s a good thing I was here with you or else you’d get lost.” He continued.

He continued talking to me while we are walking but I wasn’t able to absorb everything that he is saying.

I finally interrupted him.

“I… I think I saw Nana.” I said to him.

He looked at me. “Huh?... Where?” He asked me as he looked around.

“When I was about to cross that street, I think I saw her.” I uttered.

The moment Nana and I broke up, Niel helped me get through everything. He remained as a good friend to me although I finally got to tell him that Nana and I dated secretly. I told him how much I love her. He was happy for me that she felt the same. I had the wrong impression of him. He’s definitely a good friend all along.

Nana’s POV

I saw a familiar face at the other side of the road as I was about to cross it. She’s clearly looking at me just when I saw a familiar man who grabbed her hand as they headed towards an opposite direction.

The fact that they are together and the fact that we have never ever seen each other for two years could mean that she has totally forgotten about me. I sighed as I now began to cross the road.

The moment Lizzy and I broke up has given me a huge heartache. We never talked after that and we have never ever heard of each other anymore. That was the last time we met. Also, I finished school earlier than her and I moved to Seoul as I work. At the same time, my relationship with Kris, never worked out. Kris was the guy whom I told Lizzy about. He was the son of my dad’s business partner. Our break up isn’t as dramatic as the break up with Lizzy though. From the start we knew we weren’t interested in each other. We just dated according to our parent’s will.

I waited at the bus stop as I remembered the times we’re together.

“Goodbye Park Lizzy… Thanks for everything.” I taught to myself as I rode as bus on my way home.

Lizzy’s POV

“Forget it… Let’s go.” I said to Niel as we continued to walk.

I don’t even know what to say if ever I met Nana again, but I’m really curious on how she’s doing. Isn’t she curious on how I was doing also?


Hi. I've got great news for jooee shippers out there. I'm also working on a jooee fanfic right now. I hope you'll look forward to it :)