The Calm Before the Storm

My Punishment for Loving You

Jaejoong - I'll Protect You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UGn2gJQcTI

 

"No!!! Oppa!!! Behind you!" Young Mi screamed while she thrashed on her bed. Loud footsteps echoed through the house as the people in the living room rushed towards the room Young Mi was in. The door opened and a tall figure ran forward, followed by several female figures. Tears fell down Young Mi's face as she reached for the person she was seeing in her dream.

"Young Mi-ah! Young Mi-ah!" Chanyeol called, taking her in his arms. Young Mi's eyes flew open at the sound of his voice. "Chanyeol oppa..." she whimpered.

"It's okay. It was just a dream. Just a dream." He whispered, pulling her closely to his chest.

Tears fell freely from her eyes as she realized what had happened in her dream. "It seemed so real. I was scared." she blubbered.

"Don't worry. I'm here," he said, taking her wrists and wrapping her arms around his waist. She hugged him back, assuring herself that he was there. The members left to give them some privacy. The two barely noticed. Chanyeol rocked her back and forth until she was crying no more.

They just remained seated on the bed, holding each other close. When Young Mi's sniffles subsided, she finally asked, "Why are you here? Don't you have a full schedule today?"

"I finished quickly. I heard about what happened," Chanyeol answered. Young Mi flinched at the mention of earlier events. Chanyeol planted a kiss on her forehead to calm her down. "It's okay. Don't think about it."

"Oppa, I'm scared. What if the person who sent those stuff is trying to kill me?" She whispered shakily.

"Shhh." Chanyeol hushed her. Although he was panicking, he told himself that he had to stay strong for Young Mi. He knew that all of this was happening because he insisted that they reveal their relationship. Caressing her long locks of hair, Chanyeol assured her that everything will be okay. "Don't worry about it, okay? No one's gonna get hurt."

Young Mi didn't look convinced but she nodded and buried her face in his chest. "To be honest, I'm scared for you. For us." She mumbled.

"Don't be. I'll be here. Always." He whispered in her ear.

~~~~

The next few days passed by without anything strange occuring. The group's managers screened the fan mails but nothing unusual came. If Young Mi was still shaken by the events that happened in the past days, it didn't show. She remained in her own cheerful and helpful self. The members tried not to make it obvious that they were watching her carefully, trying to make sure it wasn't a façade of strength.

Chanyeol, however, was not as calm and he remained vigilant for anything weird. Whenever his phone rang, he rush to answer it as if it was a detonated bomb. He jumped at any strange sounds and was always on guard. Young Mi noticed this and told him to calm down. She assured him that the horrid gifts had stopped arriving and that everything was back to normal.

~~~~~

Finally the time for their performances at a Music Festival in Busan and both Exo-K and StAr were doing their rehearsals. Everyone was tired but they continued to do their best. The managers were vigilant since it was a public event and anything could happen. Before the show started, Young Mi headed to Exo-K's waiting room to greet her oppas.

Young Mi left their waiting room hurriedly, excited to see her boyfriend and her best friends. When she arrived in front of their door, Young Mi knocked impatiently. The door opened and Kai's eyes widened to see the visitor. Kai opened the door wider to let her in. Young Mi entered and pretended to not notice Kai opening his arms for a hug. She passed by him, acting nonchalant.

His eyes narrowed and he took Young Mi in a headlock, "Chingu-ya!! Why are you ignoring me??"

"I was just messing with you," she choked out. Sehun saw what Kai was doing and came over. "He, hey, let her go. She's turning blue and you're messing up her hair."

Kai released her and she ran towards Sehun and hiding behind him. She pointed a finger towards Kai and yelled accusingly, "Are you trying to kill me?!"

Kai merely shrugged and smirked. She stuck her tongue out and Sehun laughed as Kai lunged for her, causing her to run away and bump into Suho. "Oops. Sorry," she said sheepishly.

Suho laughed good-naturedly and patted her on the head, "How are you?"

"Good, until that oppa tried to kill me," Young Mi told him, jabbing her thumb in Kai's direction.

"I was wondering why it got so noisy," Baekhyun said, walking towards Young Mi. "What's all the commotion about?"

Before Young Mi could answer, Kai had clamped a hand over and when Baekhyun shot him a questioning look, he said, "I never know what lies she'll spout."

Young Mi's eyes widened and she elbowed him in the ribs. Sensing that the two of them might start bickering, Chanyeol came over with D.O. behind him. "Hey, break it up!" He said loudly.

Her eyes brightened and she ran over to him to give him a hug. He opened his arms and she jumped into them. "What? You give him a hug and you ignore me?" Kai muttered. Young Mi heard him and stuck out her tongue. The members laughed loudly.

"What about MY hug?" Sehun reminded Young Mi. She ran over to him and gave him a tight hug. "Okay, my turn!" Kai yelled. He opened his arms with a hopeful expression. Young Mi laughed and wrapped her arms around him. He returned the hug and after a few seconds, Chanyeol walked over and broke them apart.

"Hey! Hyung!" Kai whined. Chanyeol wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled the girl closer to him. He opened his mouth to say something to Kai but before he could say anything, someone knocked loudly on the door. Young Mi felt Chanyeol's arm tense around her and placed a hand on his arm to appease him. The door opened and Exo-K's manager came in. Chanyeol relaxed and the manager announced that it was time for the show to start and then left the room.

Young Mi pulled away from Chanyeol, saying that she should go back to her own group's waiting room. She reminded him that they were supposed to meet up with her parents after the show and hurriedly said her goodbyes to the other members of Exo-k. Chanyeol reluctantly let her go and kissed her cheek, wishing her good luck. She waved at the other members and left. "Aigoo. Her cuteness is honestly refreshing," Baekhyun said.

"I know. I'm lucky to have her," Chanyeol said, a smile growing on his face.

"Ew. That's cheesy." Sehun muttered, making a face. He ran away before Chanyeol could do anything. Chanyeol just shook his head and started warming up his vocals.

~~~~

"And now, we have the men from a different planet, Exo-K!" The MC announced. The crowd clapped while the fans of Exo-K started waving their cardboards. Exo-K came out to the stage, taking their positions. Chanyeol knew that Young Mi was watching them from the television in their waiting room and vowed to do his best. The music started playing and the boys started dancing. Meanwhile, Young Mi was staring at the wide screen in their waiting room. She had a serious look in her eyes as if trying to pick out stuff to include in her own performance.

She caught every movement and registered it in her head. Her serious mood was broken by Min Seo, who sat beside her and draped an arm over her shoulders, saying, "Screening your boyfriend's performance again?"

A pink tinge coloured Young Mi's cheeks. She shook her head, stammering, "No!"

Hae In came out of nowhere with a huge grin on her face, "Then you must be sooooo captivated by him. You looked like this." She imitated Young Mi's serious expression, complete with furrowed eyebrows, pursed lips and wide nostrils.

The other girls laughed loudly and Young Mi's face flamed red. "No!!" She squealed.

Jae Yeon stepped forward with a smile on her face, "Okay, leave her alone, you guys." Young Mi looked at her with grateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to see that Exo-K's performance had already ended. Beast had already begun their performance. *Aw. I missed everything. Thanks a lot, unnies* You thought grimly.

Before you say anything to put them in a guilt trip, the door opened and the FD's head popped in and said, "StAr, you're up next!"

Everyone started rushing, looking at their reflections in the mirror and checking their mics. They were then ushered out to the backstage where they stood nervously. *Today too, I'll do my best.* Young Mi thought.