The One They All Loved

My Punishment for Loving You

Jung Yong Hwa (CN Blue) - Because I Miss You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWLDWXmNCiU

 

News of the attack on StAr's maknae, Jung Young Mi, was all over Korea and K-Pop websites in the Internet. Many fans were sending their condolences to the Jung family and a number of celebrities posted messages of sadness and grief. Donghae of Super Junior posted on his Twitter, "That girl was always smiling and she was always so cheerful, no matter what happened. I'll miss that kid. R.I.P. SM's Smiling Star, Jung Young Mi."

SHINee's Taemin, a close friend of Young Mi, had posted on his me2day, "Young Mi always cheered me up with banana milk when I was tired from practice. I guess she won't be doing that anymore. I miss you already, chingu-ya."

The members of Infinite uploaded a picture of them together with Young Mi in the middle. "Oppas will miss you. Even if you're up there, keep on smiling."

Girls' Generation, who was having a concert in Seoul, sang 'Forever (I Want To Dream With You)' as a tribute to their hoobae, which according to them was her favorite song.

A Pink's maknae, Hayoung, twitted, "Unnie, you were really good to me. I will continue to work hard like you. You won't be forgotten. I owe so much to you."

IU, with whom Young Mi had performed a duet for an OST, posted up in her fan café, "A wonderful voice was lost. But most of all, a good friend has left us all. R.I.P. Jung Young Mi."

SM released an official statement about Young Mi's death. A representative faced the press and stated the grief that the company is feeling due to the loss of a member of the family. "The members of the groups under SM Town are all quiet and mourning. The trainees are all honoring their sunbae by working harder. The staff, who have encountered Young Mi at some point, all know her for her cheerful personality and we are all affected by her death."

When he was asked about the condition and the future of StAr, he answered, "The members of StAr will be meeting their parents and the CEO for discussion on what to do in the future since they are all still recovering from the shock and they have lost their maknae."

A reporter raised his hand and boldly asked, "What about Jung Young Mi's boyfriend? Park Chanyeol? How is he coping with his loss?"

The spokesperson of SM pursed his lips before answering, "Park Chanyeol is still distressed and grieving for his girlfriend. He and the other members of Exo-K will be taking a short leave in the mean time. They cannot continue promoting in this condition where everyone is unfocused, especially the three members closest to Young Mi."

"If I may ask, who are these three members?" A female reporter asked.

"Chanyeol, being Young Mi's boyfriend, is one of them." He replied carefully. "The other two are Young Mi's best friends: Kai and Sehun."

~~~~One Year Later~~~~

"Suho hyung, where's Chanyeol hyung?" D.O. asked the leader. Suho thought for a bit and answered, "He asked for some time off, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty manager-hyung mentioned it this morning."

Baekhyun looked at the two maknaes who were practicing dance moves. They appeared to be serious and concentrated on their practice. Baekhyun was rather relieved since those two, along with Chanyeol, had never been the same since Young Mi died. A few months after she died, Kai and Sehun were more mature and they seemed to have grown a lot older in a couple of months. Chanyeol still maintained his 'Happy Virus' image in front of the cameras but he was mostly quiet whenever it was just him and the members.

*But now, after a year, Kai and Sehun seemed to have regained their youth.* Baekhyun thought. He shuddered at his previous thought, for it made him sound like an old man. *Chanyeol smiles a lot more nowadays, compared to last year.* he added.

"Hyung, what are you looking at?" Kai asked, looking creeped out.

"Uh, nothing." Baekhyun said, cheerfully. He whirled around to see Suho and D.O. warming up their vocal cords. *It's almost as if we're back to normal. She must be smiling from up there.* He grinned and joined the other two vocalists in their warm ups.

~~~~

Chanyeol sat in the empty van of Exo-K while his manager looked straight ahead at the road. The aura inside the van was serious and quiet. Chanyeol glanced around the dimming scenery. It was almost sunset. *We're almost there.*

After a few more minutes, the van halted outside a cementery with huge iron gates. Chanyeol perked up and grabbed the bouquet of lilies and tulips that he bought earlier. He slid the door open, saying, "Hyung, are you sure you're going to wait for me?"

His manager nodded and Chanyeol said, "Okay. But I might take a while."

"Take as long as you want. I'll be here when you come out," he replied. Chanyeol nodded curtly and got off the van.

He gripped the flowers in his hands as he looked at the huge black gates which loomed in front of him. He took a deep breath and headed into the cementery. *Young Mi-ah, I'm coming.*

He walked for a couple of minutes until he arrived at the mound which had a plaque in front of it. 'Jung Young Mi' was written on it in Hanja and Hangul. "Forever you will be loved" was engraved under her name. Flowers were all over her grave and under the twilight, the flowers seemed to shine.

Chanyeol knelt down and placed the bouquet of flowers in front of Young Mi's girlfriend. He dusted off the invisible dirt on her plaque and settled down on the grass. He gazed towards the west where the sun was setting. In a soft voice, he said, "Young Mi-ah, it's been more than a year since you died."

A soft breeze came and it felt as if Young Mi was indicating her presence. To most people, it would be creepy and scary, but to someone who had lost a part of his life, no, a part of himself, it was a comforting thought. Out of nowhere, a girl wearing a white dress and a straw hat appeared. She smiled at Chanyeol's back and she walked towards him.

She sat down beside him and leaned on his arm, wanting him to realize that she was right beside him. However, Chanyeol didn't seem to notice a thing. She moved back and stared at the face of the man beside her. Young Mi's ghost smiled sadly, knowing full well that there was no way that he would be able to see her. Although tears began to form in her eyes, she blinked rapidly to keep them from falling and placed her head on Chanyeol's shoulder.

Chanyeol began to talk in a heartbroken voice and his eyes were b with tears. "Young Mi-ah, it was so hard... So hard trying to accept the fact that you were gone. I couldn't sleep at night, knowing that I wouldn't be reading a message saying 'Good Morning' from you the next day. It was so difficult to eat or drink, everything seemed to get stuck in my chest. Practicing was the only thing that could distract me but most of the time, it fails."

He wiped away his tears with the back of his hand and Young Mi reached out a tear track he had not erased. She gently his cheek and planted a kiss on his forehead, exactly the way he used to do it to her. Chanyeol took another deep breath and started to talk again. "Young Mi-ah, where are you now? Are you watching over us all?"

"I'm right here, oppa. You can't see me or hear me but I'm here. I'm right beside you." She whispered, her heart breaking into pieces. The tears she had been trying to hold back started to come out and soon, she was sobbing. Her sobs were heart breaking and joined with Chanyeol's... It seemed like the world was lamenting.

"Why... Why does it feel like you're crying, Young Mi? Are you crying?" He suddenly asked, looking towards the heavens. "You can't cry. Don't."

When Young Mi heard him, she felt like hugging him until she felt better. That's exactly what she did. She knelt and wrapped her arms around him. She buried her face in his shoulder. Although Chanyeol could not see her or hear her, he felt a presence beside him. It did not creep him out; instead, he felt comforted and complete. He looked at the scenery laid out in front of him from the hill he was sitting in.

As orange light spread through the hills, Young Mi released Chanyeol from her hug and sat down beside him once again. She placed her hand on his and to her surprise, Chanyeol gave it a squeeze.

"Young Mi-ah, saranghae."

She smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek. "I love you too, Chanyeol oppa." The final ray of the sun burst out and as the light spread, Young Mi slowly faded away and Chanyeol was once again alone. But he wasn't feeling sad and lonely. On the contrary, he felt blessed and loved.

He got up and as he gazed at the fading light of the sun, he murmured, "Goodbye, my starlight." With that, he walked away.