Dead and Gone

My Punishment for Loving You

Jin - Gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DsuZa-ABII

 

Chanyeol felt as if he had been slapped in the face. He stared blankly at Young Mi's pale face before getting overwhelmed by grief and pain. He cried as if a piece of him had disappeared and he felt empty. His sobs filled the ambulance and the paramedic looked away to let him grieve in peace. He clutched his chest, unable to bear the pain he felt in his heart.

*Young Mi. Young Mi.* He kept on repeating her name in his head. He howled like a wolf in pain and he gripped her hand which lay limp in his. *She's dead. She's gone. The love of my life is gone. No, my life is gone.*

The ambulance stopped abruptly and the doors opened. Young Mi's body was carried off the vehicle. Chanyeol reluctantly let her hand go. They wheeled her off to the morgue and he glanced at Young Mi one last time before running out of the hospital. He met his group members on his way out. He bumped into them and Suho took him by the shoulders, scrutinizing his face. Tear tracks were visible on his cheeks and his eyes were swollen.

Sehun stepped forward. "Hyung, Young Mi... Is she..." he broke off. Chanyeol met his eyes and he knew. Kai understood as well and he stared at Chanyeol in disbelief. Kai stepped back and whispered, "No... No!" He followed the direction where Young Mi's body was headed. Sehun glanced at Chanyeol before bolting off after Kai. "Suho hyung... She's gone. She left me. She left us." Chanyeol said sadly as Suho hugged his dongsaeng. Baekhyun patted his back while D.O. patted his shoulder awkwardly. When Chanyeol broke the hug, Suho told him, "Go calm yourself. Grieve for her."

Chanyeol nodded and left the hospital. He ran and ran and ran. He didn't even bother to look where he was heading. When he finally stopped and got a hold of his senses, he realized he was in the beach. The sight of the beach made him tear up.

It was Young Mi's favorite place. She said that it makes her feel calm and happy. She said that even though you can never see where the sea ends when you're at a beach, there will always be land beyond it at some point, signifying that there will always be hope to find the thing you want and need..

He sat down on the sand. Thankfully, he had already changed out of his stage clothes as soon as the performance was finished. He looked at the black sea, thinking of his memories of Young Mi. He remembered the day that he met her. He was touring inside SM Building on the day he got accepted as a trainee when he heard a melodic voice coming from a practice room. He followed the music and carefully peeked in.

She was singing "Goose's Dream" by Insooni inside an empty practice room. She was singing it with such hope and belief in her dream and it made Chanyeol realize that he should work harder to achieve his dreams. When she finished singing, he knocked and came in. She whirled around, surprised to see someone there. She was only in middle school at that time. She saw Chanyeol and bowed to him. "A-Annyeonghaseyo, sunbae-nim!"

"Um, I'm not your senior though," he said uncomfortably. "I just got accepted today."

"Oh really?" She asked, her eyes wide. He expected her to start lecturing him about how he was supposed to treat his seniors and about respect. But what she did next surprised him. She held out her hand, saying, "Congratulations on passing the audition! Welcome to SM Entertainment!"

He slipped his big hand into hers and shook it with a smile on his face. After introducing themselves, Young Mi asked with a red face, "Can I call you Chanyeol oppa?" When he didn't reply immediately, she stammered, "Because you're older than me and all that." He still didn't answer and her face fell and she said, "It's okay if you don't want me to."

Chanyeol looked at her, shaking his head. "No, it's completely fine." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm just not used to it. But I guess I'll get used to it soon enough."

She grinned and said, "Okay then! Chanyeol oppa!"


That had been the start of their friendship which soon turned into crushes. Those crushes developed into love and when Young Mi got into high school, Chanyeol confessed to her and she gladly accepted. He remembered the way she would run into his arms whenever they met, the way she would smile at him, the way she would always laugh at his silliness, the way she would greet other people and how she loved him.

He touched his face and felt it wet with tears. "Young Mi-ah!" He yelled out to the dark sea. "How could you just leave me?! What about our dreams?!" He shouted angrily. His shoulder shook as a new wave of tears flowed out of his eyes. He placed his hands over his face and sobbed. He sat in the beach for hours, crying about his lost lover.

When midnight came, he stood up. His tears had dried but it did not mean that he was finished grieving. He left the beach after whispering to the wind, "Goodbye, Young Mi. I'll miss you, my starlight."

He headed to Young Mi's home in Busan, determined to face her parents. They lived by the beach and he decided to walk all the way to clear his head. *Young Mi-ah, how will I face your parents? Will they hate me? Will they blame me?*

~~~~~~

The members of StAr sat uncomfortably in their waiting room. Tension was in the air. Hae In, who couldn't stand just sitting down, shot up and started to pace the room. Min Seo was tapping her foot on the floor impatiently while some of the members just stared blankly into space. When the door opened, everyone looked up. Their manager entered with a somber face.

"Oppa, what happened to Young Mi?" So Young asked worriedly. "She's okay, isn't she?"

The manager looked at them before speaking. "I just got a call from Exo-K's manager. They had been following the ambulance to the hospital and he said that Chanyeol told them that Young Mi has left us."

Min Seo froze and Hyo Sun placed her hands over , tearing up. Hae In gasped while So Young started to cry. Yeon Ji tried to comfort her distraught dongsaeng and Jae Yeon stared into space, unwilling to believe the news brought before her. "Oppa, what happened?" Yeon Ji asked when the others had calmed down.

Their manager, who had been standing in the corner, also sad that his youngest member had passed away, sat himself down on a chair and relayed what Exo-K's manager told him. "Chanyeol and Young Mi went to the hospital together in the ambulance but Young Mi died before they could reach the hospital. The members of Exo-K followed the ambulance and when they arrived there, Chanyeol was on his way out. He went to calm himself down."

"The girl... That girl..." Jae Yeon croaked. "Who is she? Why did she do that? How did she get onstage? Where is she now?"

"The girl was a sasaeng fan. We found the security guards knocked out and the staff tied up. Her name is Hwang Yo Rin and she is 18 years old. Apparently, she is obssessed with Chanyeol. Her parents admitted her to a mental institution after she became so obssessed with Chanyeol. She escaped a week before," he said.

"That was when Young Mi was hit by a rock!" Min Seo gasped.

"Yes. The police assumed it was her. She admitted it too. But apart from that and her confessions that she was the one who sent Young Mi those creepy stuff through fan mail and that she loves Chanyeol more than herself, there are no more information we can get from her," he told them.

"Why?" Yeon Ji demanded.

"Right after she screamed her confessions to the crowd through the microphone which she took from Young Mi, she shot herself with the same gun she shot Young Mi with," he answered quietly.

"I shouldn't have fallen down when she pushed me. If I didn't, I could have saved Young Mi," Jae Yeon bawled as she broke down in tears.

"Unnie, it's not your fault," So Young said in a hushed tone. Silence filled the room and grief filled the room.

"Oppa, can we go see Young Mi for the last time?" Hyo Sun asked.

"Okay. I talked to Lee Soo Man about that and he said yes," he replied. "Get changed and then we'll go."

Without a word, the members went off to change into normal clothing. Sadness and grief were in their hearts, knowing that the person who was always there to share her brightness with others was gone.